Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

New map on a new server with new accounts - Reset PVP

I've put everything here so it wasn't burried in thread and got told a suggestion would be better.
I'm aware that "reset epic" is a thread but this isn't about resetting epic. It's about resetting PVP without effecting epic, currently.

@Retrograde

Honestly, you're far past the point of this, so it should be done:

You should put the new map on its own server. 

"waaa a new server waaa"

yes, but make it so you require new accounts/fresh skills if portal over. Be strong emphasis on the fact things will reset, they will wipe. use it as a more Permanent test server - 
use it as an event server, host Hunger games, host different pvp-focused events, make the enviorment more about FUN.
Remove skill loss from PVP - item loss is enough. 
We will test all mechanics through gameplay without effecting epic/chaos - Nobody loses their progress on Epic/Chaos but it's to the point NOBODY playing those servers anyway, you'll see great population boost on this new server.
if people rather stay on epic/chaos, that's fine, they have that choice.
If you release a quirky mechanic, we can event it, the map has to be good - it could even be old Elevation. Without hota and instead battle camps, the dynamics can change.
You got a chance to make a Challenge 3, except it plays out for far longer.
Give players some power to host Campaigns, with the help of GM's we could setup mini missions and events. Have a part of the map especially for this, a hota-type zone where nobody can deed but GM's can easily wipe/rebuild for each campaign/event without effecting the other portion of the map. Could even have an "event island" so its out of the way.

Then the fact that we should all make new accounts will realllllly give new players and returning players a level ground - it will also extend the time it takes to stag the server by about 2 years.
If we are all on 1 server, we have to go out and train, if we're all old accounts on a new map, why are we leaving deed? The pvp will be great. There will be an actual market for items.
Honestly, this would be the most SICKEST thing wurm has done for 5 years. 

Make a new map, make it new accounts only, you'll have a new epic-type environment for a good year or two whilst you focus other areas and players aren't drowned in existing items or skills and tomes.

Gaps and old exploits that once existed would exist no more. We'd all grind on the same methods. No windows. 

Let's do it.

Do not under estimate how fun starting out fresh is, with groups meeting each other on foot.

People who are worried about reset, do you think that you have to sit there and grind 50 body str and 90 weapon skills. no.

You'll literally be getting 20 chain smith just to create your friends a chain set, you won't be sat there making 100 Chain gaunlets you'll be making 5 chain sets for your friends, you'll be relied on.
It's so different now for the Kingdom and Group experience, we have 1 account that can do EVERYTHING. It's wrong.
Hunting will be dangerous, you'll do it like the old days where you go out in duo's to hunt cause chance of pvp was high.
You'll have "roles" again where people are concentrated on different skills because nobody can be a jack of all trades for the first year,

it isn't a reset of characters it's a reset of PVP - Bring back what truly creates a PVP server, the fellowship. The working together. The mclovin where are my crops i need to tame and you're the highest farmer with your 40 skill.
Take pvp back to the roots and test everything that came and has been added from the ground up. 

Fresh accounts. Fresh map.

The deeds will even be small because we just won't have the skill to do these grand projects.

It's literally a extended challenge 3 server.

You could even add "challenge portals" so we can teleport over on our current accounts but load in with fresh stats. 

it's guaranteed to carry us over until you guys truly work on Epic and we'll have the right idea from a fresh players perspective of what works and what doesn't. 
End the stagnation with accounts, items and map itself. 

A new start, one simple map, on a simple server. 

I do not care if after 1 year you wipe me and my account, I'm not going into this server with a mindset of grind but a mindset for pvp and fun, with events.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 32

I was in that fight, I believe on the cart - it is something Ill always remember about wurm, much more than any fight where we had well equipped, well skilled players in a fight. Please consider this suggestion seriously, it is the best fun you can ever have in pvp in wurm, anything else pales significantly                 

+1 for McLovins suggestion

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 1

cant add anything

give us some fun at least while assuring your income for 1-2 years

It could be used to test the most strangest of mechanics without effecting Real servers too, the potential is huge.

"yes, but make it so you require new accounts. Be strong emphasis on the fact things will reset, they will wipe."

"I do not care if after 1 year you wipe me and my account, I'm not going into this server with a mindset of grind but a mindset for pvp and fun, with events."

+1 for a stand alone server that wipes skills and map on a shedule.

• Like 3

+1.. this might actually work as the future of wurm pvp for the long run as well.. no more 10 year old god characters, no more tons of loot decaying away in safe mines and thousands of kg of moonmetal wasted away.. A new start is an even playing field for everyone so I don't see why this can't be a thing every few years.. it will also be a great way for devs to get feedback and make the new instance better with plenty of time to do it

• Like 3

I've just told Teal she has to work 60 hours if this comes out cause im quitting my job. Mcdonalds will be ok without me.

• Like 11

This will make me, and a ton of others play again.Great investment. Do it. Stop being stingy bastards and just make it happen. 

• Like 4

This is the only way I'd ever consider playing again.

• Like 4

I have also basically quit, i would play this. Give the chance to take the name from freedom with a portal (no skills just to get the name) . reset it from time to time. The best fun in pvp so far for me has been in challenge and also nappys pvp server. Would be awesome if you could just port over and fight and get out if you get bored and play freedom. Make 1 map and not a huge map. And RESET it every x amount of time. 

• Like 3

Lets just get all the people we know would play come here and +1 it. Maybe when they see 100 +'s they start taking us seriously

• Like 2

Not a PVP player but in my opinion it would be great customer relations if the suggestion were at least read, thought about and then replied to by one of the development team.

+1

• Like 4

Do you really want another pvp server they can neglect?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rakki said:

Do you really want another pvp server they can neglect?

No we want one worth playing

• Like 7

Can be used as a stable foundation to increase pvp activity.

This is a suggestion I can easily do a +1 on.

• Like 5

I'm fine with the chance to try a fresh PvP server provided they don't disable PvP/wipe other PvP servers before actually experimenting with it. If they wipe other servers first but then the fresh server is a big failure, they'll surely lose a lot of players who are angry about losing their work for no reason.

I'd rather be able to retain my name and premium time on any new server, but have a fresh inventory/skillset there. Being forced to make a new account doesn't seem necessary. 

Edited by Ols
  • Like 1

+1 but

2 hours ago, Mclavin said:

I've just told Teal she has to work 60 hours if this comes out cause im quitting my job. Mcdonalds will be ok without me.

-1 for that, Mcdonalds wihout you isnt mcdonalds

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Votip said:

+1 but

-1 for that, Mcdonalds wihout you isnt mcdonalds

2e13f8831ff4c4f47e2ea7a837556a49.png

Thank you that means a lot coming from a loyal customer

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ols said:

i'd rather be able to retain my name and premium time on any new server, but have a fresh inventory/skillset there. Being forced to make a new account doesn't seem necessary. 

You're correct I meant fresh skills so either or - I did include the option to teleport with new Challenge portals

Edited by Mclavin

26 minutes ago, Ols said:

I'm fine with the chance to try a fresh PvP server provided they don't disable PvP/wipe other PvP servers before actually experimenting with it. If they wipe other servers first but then the fresh server is a big failure, they'll surely lose a lot of players who are angry about losing their work for no reason.

I'd rather be able to retain my name and premium time on any new server, but have a fresh inventory/skillset there. Being forced to make a new account doesn't seem necessary. 

I agree. Such a new server should have premium account as a prerequisite, but should not require an additional premium account to the existing ones so that every subbed player could give it a try if wished so. Btw., regardless of this one I would still appreciate an Elevation map reset.

• Like 1

I'd call the server Trinity

a group of three people or things.

3rd "challenge server"

3 Kingdoms

3rd map

3 eye raven

3x skill gain

3x more fun

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 4