Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 084

7o6nx5W.png

Black dog isle - Lyhrinae

Greetings Wurmians! 

It’s been a busy two weeks for us, as I’m prepping for the first official Wurm devstream, and we get everything ready for the update going live next week. 

So let’s get to it. 

Devstream! 

AhM2xym.png

timer_E1558821650.svg

That’s right, we’re down to less than 3 days until we go live with our first Wurm Online devstream! This devstream will be an introduction to the devs on the stream (who will be rotating depending on availability, hosted by me), our history with Wurm, and go into what’s coming in Mays update while we show it off and start our very own developer deed in Wurm! 

We’ll also be unveiling and discussing the roadmap for the rest of this year, which is a big thing and we know you’ve all wanted it, and finishing off with a quick Q&A for all your burning questions. We’ll be doing this regularly so make sure to follow us below!

Coming update
With the planned update on the 30th of May I’ve snuck behind the scenes and grabbed a list of patch notes early! Please note this is not the full list, as usual anything sensitive would not be shared and other things currently in testing may not be confirmed as of yet, but here goes:

• Change: Some Journal issues addressed. (see notes)
    • Added % value to skill points needed.
    • Made adjustments so some past legendary kills are credited.
    • Previously built colossi should now count.
    • Previously built guard towers should now count.
  • Bugfix:  You can no longer drag paper from bulk containers into an archaeology journal.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented you from drinking from a well if it had an item placed upon it. See note below.
  • Bugfix: Adjusted threshold for actions while moving preventing spell casting while in motion in addition to other actions.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed a placing issue for one per tile items when being placed on same tile.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed a bug which caused siege machines to play animation even if the firing was unsuccessful.
  • Bugfix:  20+ fighting  skill is no longer required to repair guard towers on PvE servers.
  • Bugfix: A hot, unfuelled bee smoker will no longer say (smoking).

Client Changes

• New:  Distant tree rendering has been greatly improved with the modern renderer.
  • New:  Rarity and detail normal maps have been added for player textures with the modern renderer.
  • New: Added an option in settings under the game tab to Swap Mouse Buttons for left and right click options.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue which caused planted buoys in deep water to be invisible if you enabled contribution culling in adv. Graphics.

As you can see, there’s a lot of bug fixes in this update, along with the huge distant tree view, check it out!

Keybinds

One thing in suggestions for a long time is the addition of more keybinds, and we’d like to see them too! So we’ve catalogued a lot and kept on the lookout, if you can think of any to add please add them in this thread so they’re all in one place!

I’m off to do my hair, put on my makeup (takes forever, always gets clogged in the beard), paint my nails, get everything ready for the devstream coming up this Saturday, there’s lots to do and I’m already otterly exhausted! 

Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 8

Yay! I sadly won’t be able to watch the live stream. Can I watch it somewhere afterwards?

15 minutes ago, Gawain said:

Yay! I sadly won’t be able to watch the live stream. Can I watch it somewhere afterwards?

VOD will be available, and I intend on recording for youtube as well 

• Like 2

make sure you guys have vods turned on, thanks.

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Bugfix:  20+ fighting  skill is no longer required to repair guard towers on PvE servers.

Excellent news! I remember someone made a post of concern about this issue and I am sure they will be pleased to read that it will be "Bugfixed". Now I won't need to bother with working up the fighting skill (almost 5.00) on my newest alt of 5 months just to do this. Helpful to other non fighting focused players too of course.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

that by far is one of the busiest updates i have seen yet

no wonder you couldnt work on epic, now i understand it jeez

• Like 5

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ayes said:

Excellent news! I remember someone made a post of concern about this issue and I am sure they will be pleased to read that it will be "Bugfixed". Now I won't need to bother with working up the fighting skill (almost 5.00) on my newest alt of 5 months just to do this. Helpful to other non fighting focused players too of course.

=Ayes=

Im really happy this is fixed :)

• Like 1

Oh hey journal changes, could be something go-

• Added % value to skill points needed.
  • Made adjustments so some past legendary kills are credited.
  • Previously built colossi should now count.
  • Previously built guard towers should now count.

Back to my cave I go

Woot dev streams are coming back thank god last one we had was around xanadu days with a crazy looking rolf oh i miss those streams they where fun (channel codeclub on twitch)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wipeout said:

Woot dev streams are coming back thank god last one we had was around xanadu days with a crazy looking rolf oh i miss those streams they where fun (channel codeclub on twitch)

I have missed rolf's streams, he was funny.

Edited by necroe
  • Like 1

I miss those old streams was always fun.  Glad they are bringing them back.

4 hours ago, necroe said:

I have missed rolf's streams, he was funny.

@Retrograde if you could make(cough kidnap) Rolf into one of the future streams that would be the most awesome thing :D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kochinac said:

@Retrograde if you could make(cough kidnap) Rolf into one of the future streams that would be the most awesome thing :D

Yes @Retrogradeplease see if you can make this happen please ❤️

• Like 1

wow i can't read

Edited by Niki

the distant terrain looks awesome dudes keep up good worky work

On 5/23/2019 at 3:53 PM, wipeout said:

Was that the one where Rolf killed a passing dog he claimed might attack the game reporter he was being interviewed by?

Or maybe this one:

or maybe this one:

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 4:01 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

Was that the one where Rolf killed a passing dog he claimed might attack the game reporter he was being interviewed by?

Or maybe this one:

or maybe this one:

Aye some of these and some more out there ones where his hair was all over the place to the point that you wonder "has he had any sleep in a week or 2?" they where nice to watch