Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Close

Changed my mind

Edited by Alexgopen

Yes, but only for Elevation.

All main details should be given in the poll. I voted too soon and then read your first post.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 1

this poll wont reflect any real number, since already a guy voted no that doesnt even play on epic

anyway, this is a no brainer to me ofc

yes

No to destroying the homeservers or account and item resets. Make your own WU server if that's what you want.

I also don't think yes votes from people that don't currently play epic or don't even play Wurm Online at all should count. It's easy to ask for full resets if you have nothing to loose.

I'm getting really depressed by this kind of threads, all wanting to destroy my Wurmian home.

And please don't judge epic players based on all the crap you read on the forums. Most of us are just quietly enjoying the game, just as freedomers do.

I hope the dev's keep in mind that it's not the ones that make the most noise that are the best customers.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Yes, but only for Elevation. 

All main details should be given in the poll. I voted too soon and then read your first post.

this, voted no to home&skills reset, elevation reset is good thing to do even regularly at set periods of time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Amaluna said:

No to destroying the homeservers or account and item resets. Make your own WU server if that's what you want.

I also don't think yes votes from people that don't currently play epic or don't even play Wurm Online at all should count. It's easy to ask for full resets if you have nothing to loose.

I'm getting really depressed by this kind of threads, all wanting to destroy my Wurmian home.

And please don't judge epic players based on all the crap you read on the forums. Most of us are just quietly enjoying the game, just as freedomers do.

I hope the dev's keep in mind that it's not the ones that make the most noise that are the best customers.

obiovusly there is always gonna be the 10 people that are against it, and thats what hold back the staff from committing to a full reset in the past, and they will still not do it

but to drop those kind of statements is just bad

in my book the ones that are making the most noise, especially in a game like this where you sacrifice years of time, ARE the best customers since they care about its well-being

and yeah, most of us have nothing to lose anymore, since we lost it with the past decisions already

to put it in your words "Play on freedom if that's what you want"

as i said though, dont worry, no one will take away your sandcastle

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

in my book the ones that are making the most noise, especially in a game like this where you sacrifice years of time, ARE the best customers since they care about its well-being

badmouthing developers and continiously telling that you're done is not """ caring about well-being """

3 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

badmouthing developers and continiously telling that you're done is not """ caring about well-being """

since thats all i am doing according to you, how come so many people agree with my posts?

• Like 1

Epic should be a PVP cluster. That's not what it is right now. And just because 10 guys play freedom on BLH doesn't mean that 100 others should be neglected who have quit epic because of 1. map, 2. skillsystem 3. priests 4. meditation 5 . etc ...

There is no PVP on epic right now. Nobody to fight against. Nobody to fight with. If you wanna play PVE go to freedumb and stop giving yourself a "center of the universe" status. Your 10 players should suffer, not the 100+ that have suffered.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

, 2. skillsystem

on this exact point:

current epic skill system pretty much equals that of freedom with exception that skill ticks have much better chances of happening. (cant say guaranteed as that is not the case, you can miss a skill tick or two every now and then)

some people say "its wu" which is not the case. you just have to play wu for 20 minutes to see that it is clearly not.

wu: equal skill ticks regardless of action timer, type of action, etc. make a nail, get 0.023, imp a tool, get same 0.023, spend 30 seconds imping, get 0.023, spend 2 seconds creating, get 0.023.

epic: creation rewards 10-20x less skill then imp; timer length affects skill gain. make a nail, get 0.00023, imp a tool, get 0.023, spend 30 seconds imping, get 0.2, spend 3 seconds imping, get 0.02.

big change here is that people dont need to use "skiller" tools with 0ql to get "optimum chances" for skilltick to happen.

meta for wu: make nails till you bleed in nails, faster you go the better.

meta for epic: imp when you can, at 2x tick size of freedom and much better chances to not have action wasted with 0 skillgain in the end.

whats the exact problem with this?

arent the other points you describe (meditation - [ommited in this post]dragon scale - champions) effort vs result problems (so you have to spend years meditating to git gud in pvp)?

isnt skillsystem like this offsetting it so you have equal chances to git gud over equal time without the praying for that last skill tick to finally come over the course of 10 months?

3 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

whats the exact problem with this?

The problem is Freedom skill goes to epic, but epic skill doesn't go to freedom. So nobody in the right mind grinds on epic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

So nobody in the right mind grinds on epic. 

if you want to play on epic, play on epic. its faster to grind there.

if you prefer to play on freedom and complain that epic is underpopulated, jokes on you.

imo.

the standard excuse of being able to sellout your freedom account and belongings is complete BS and we all know it.

Edited by nekoexmachina
  • Like 2

It would be a good idea to stop this poll and make  a new one with the following options:

Map reset on Epic:

- full cluster reset, including maps, accounts, skills (?), and items

- full cluster reset, maps only

- Elevation map reset only

- no reset

More detailed and better alternatives welcome

The "don't care" bullet point is crap and insulting. Could also have a point: "Only care because I'm on Chaos and want to harm Epicers" or similar nonsense.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

The problem is Freedom skill goes to epic, but epic skill doesn't go to freedom. So nobody in the right mind grinds on epic.

This is a problem, of course. But letting Epic success going back to Freedom 1 to 1 would be wierd either considering Epic curve. Maybe the progress on Epic could be computed down to its Freedom/Chaos(?) equivalent before transfer, but letting that progress go back to Freedom.

1 hour ago, nekoexmachina said:

if you want to play on epic, play on epic. its faster to grind there.

if you prefer to play on freedom and complain that epic is underpopulated, jokes on you.

imo.

the standard excuse of being able to sellout your freedom account and belongings is complete BS and we all know it.

i have said it time and time again , you cant please everyone...but if the majority vastly outnumbers the minorities, you should please them

Edited by Gladiator

14 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

i have said it time and time again , you cant please everyone...but if the majority vastly outnumbers the minorities, you should please them

the fact that people (who dont even play) postalot on the forum doesn't make them a majority.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

the fact that people (who dont even play) postalot on the forum doesn't make them a majority.

the fact that there is people who don't even play but post a lot on the forum should worry you. It means they care for the game but kept seeing it spiraling downwards. And yes, it makes them a majority considering that most of them would return on the basic requirements a game needs to function.. like balances, and a map that doesnt suck, and definately not a freedumb to epic only skill transfer that nobody asked for.

We are the majority, whether you like it or not

40 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

the fact that there is people who don't even play but post a lot on the forum should worry you. It means they care for the game but kept seeing it spiraling downwards. And yes, it makes them a majority considering that most of them would return on the basic requirements a game needs to function.. like balances, and a map that doesnt suck, and definately not a freedumb to epic only skill transfer that nobody asked for.

Bernie would win, whether you like it or not

The reason why I answer is that you posting what you think is facts bothers me.

In the meantime, your "caring" is top#1 reason that freedom players I know (not that much, around 15 people) are refusing to even try epic for a while.

"But people on forum are telling that its dead!"

Guess what, you are your own self-fulfilling prophecy.

Edited by nekoexmachina

Yes only a complete reset.

I will not return for a elevation only map reset. I want accounts, items, servers, all reset. Return to natural state.

• Like 2

None of this matters if nobody plays the game. 

I'd give my opinion on what to do, but so many before have given theirs and get nowhere. 

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, nekoexmachina said:

In the meantime, your "caring" is top#1 reason that freedom players I know (not that much, around 15 people) are refusing to even try epic for a while.

"But people on forum are telling that its dead!"

Guess what, you are your own self-fulfilling prophecy.

Of course I cannot tell about the players you know. But I think you overestimate the influence of this vociferous and talkative crowd in certain forum threads. And I doubt that all or even most of the freedom players including those you know are reading those threads, or even the forums. I know at least two who widely stopped reading forums feeling abhorred by that kind of postings. Much less they will consider the opinions posted there as autoritative.

should the devs prioritise the 10 people paying premium or the 100 people who aren't (but who MIGHT come back and reprem, if the right combination of things change, with the specific combination varying by person)?  I'm not sure, really - I can see an argument either way, but it's not as simple as just having a bigger bunch of people.

2 minutes ago, Wonka said:

should the devs prioritise the 10 people paying premium or the 100 people who aren't (but who MIGHT come back and reprem, if the right combination of things change, with the specific combination varying by person)?  I'm not sure, really - I can see an argument either way, but it's not as simple as just having a bigger bunch of people.

Making changes to have the potential to bring back 100 is infinitely better than just holding onto 10.

Basic risk to reward my friend. 

NO! reseting items,accounts it going too far. We just need new maps that it.?

• Like 2