Sign in to follow this  
TheZvir

Make name change Possible.

It would be very interesting if you entered the name change function or opportunity..

I will tell one short story

Spoiler

___

A long time ago. We started playing this great game.
I created a character, played a little and invited friends.

We created new characters, and landed on the island. 

We founded a settlement and absolutely nothing bothered us, since we were rather distant from other players playing. And we did not have to communicate with English-speaking players.

Since we were friends in real life, we called each other by name.

My first character was called Zvir (What means animal in my native language)

The second character I called TheZvir. I added the article "The". Well, the uncertainty article sounds cool. 

And now we probably played 8 or 9 months.

We liked everything. But for various reasons of life, only I returned after a long break.

And I hardly began to communicate with native English speakers.

Since English is very much not my native language (I duplicate the post in Russian, but my native language is Ukrainian) it is very difficult for me and I do not understand many linguistic traditions.

I met one of them when I realized that there was no second capital letter in the chat.

Probably 80% of people reduce my nickname to Thez.

I am not always aware that they are turning to me, as my eyes are dont see Zvir in the name. 

For me, and so no easy communication becomes even more difficult.

Please add this feature. 
You can even monetized it.

Я расскажу одну короткую историю

Spoiler

___

Давным давно. Мы начали играть в эту замечательную игру.
Я создал персонажа, поиграл немного и пригласили друзей.
Мы создали новых персонажей, и высадились на остров. 

Мы основали поселение и абсолютно ничего нас не волновало, так как мы довольно отстранено от других игроков играли. И общаться с англоязычными игроками нам не приходилось.

Так как мы были друзьями в реальной жизни, мы называли друг друга по именам.

Моего первого персонажа звали Zvir ( Что с перевода на мой родной язык значит животное )

Второго персонажа я назвал TheZvir. Я добавил артикль "The".  Ну артикул неопределенности, звучит круто.

И вот мы поиграли наверное 8 или 9 месяцев . 

Нам все нравилось. Но по разным жизненным причинам, вернулся обратно после большого перерыва только я.

И я с трудом но начал общаться с носителями английского языка.

Так как английский очень сильно не мой родной язык (Дублирую пост на русском, но мой родной язык Украинский) мне очень тяжело и я не понимаю многих языковых традиций. 

С одной из них я познакомился когда осознал что в чате нет второй заглавной буквы.

Наверное 80% людей сокращают мой ник до Thez.

Я не всегда осознаю что обращаются ко мне, так как глаза реагирут на Zvir в имени.

Для меня и так не легкое общение становится еще более не легким. 

Добавьте пожалуйста эту функцию.

Можно даже монетизированную.

Edited by TheZvir
  • Like 1

My friend, the reason why it's a bad idea is because, in this game reputation have sense, other way people will do some not honorable actions, and then switch nicknames to new. That will cause Chaos in trusting, where everything is, not flat even now.

Мiй друже, земляче :) ця iдея не зовсiм гiдна, тому що зараз репутацiя маэ великий сенс. Якщо люди будуть мати можливiсть змiнювати своi' никнейми, вони будуть нехтувати гiдними дiями та чинити хаос. Це пiдiрве ще бiльше довiру в цiй грi де вона дуже важна але навiдь зараз не в кращому станi

I'd recommend you to join some Ru/Ua villages. Like mine at Pri D10-D11 we have there 3 villagers :) and another village at Indy where Gashek is Mayor there also 3 villagers! :) Always wellcome :)
Я би рекомендував тобi приеднатися до однiэй з деревень з росiйскими та украi'нськими iгроками. Одна з таких знаходиться на Pristini D10-D11 (це моя) нас вже троэ :) а iнша знаходиться на Independence, там головний - Gashek i в них також 3 iгрока :) я впевнен що тобi будуть ради i там :) 
Пиши в iгрi :) 

Edited by Gofs
  • Like 6

yeah no, as much as id like to not be known as me.. 

I mean it wasnt till 2/3 years later id come up with some WAY cooler names.. im just known by a few who dont see me as anyone else.

^^ and for the above reasons.. yeah thats pretty much why we still dont. I believe very few people have ever had their names changed under strange circumstances.. but no

I like this idea, most games offer this as a 10$ service

ezpz why not

people behave poorly regardless of what we call them, and shouldn't be a reason against this idea.

• Like 4

I agree. Name change should be a thing.

Bad reputation? As much as i want it not to be like this; its the internet - everyone has a bad reputation until proven otherwise, unfortunately.

• Like 2

Then suddenly, you got a confusing unknown nickname in your building's permissions.

Account sales is bad enough already, no name change pls.

I've never understood what's the big deal with name changes. Reputation means nothing when you can sell/buy an account. I personally witnessed someone I used to play with get a bad rep, sell out, quit the game for a few weeks, come back , buy an account and then become a very trusted and respected person in the community. No one ever found out who they really were even after they quit. 

And that was all done without name changes.

Reputation is a poor excuse.

+1 to name changes.

Having played with different people, especially with English speakers, I’ve gotten so far that I’ve stopped using The. And he began to add the ending of our surnames "ko".  For example, my last name is Borodenko. I now do nickname Zvirko. If I did this, I would change my name so with great pleasure and bliss. This would save me a lot of problems. In fact, for example, the core of my nickname will not change. But I will not be reduced to "The Z".  

You can make this feature disposable, or with a cd of 2-3 years.

In real life, changing the first or last name is a matter of 1-2 weeks.

If you are so worried about reputation, then why not make a blacklist feature or code \ number \ indication. And what would a player have not only a name, but also an identification code. In our country, in fact, the name for a tick (very rudely, but from a legal point of view, this is so), when you get a job or take a loan, the main document is the Taxpayer Identification Number.

Spoiler

I played one game where no one actually sees your real nickname. You yourself write the name, and when the player sees you, then in his contacts you can write the name that you can change yourself at least 1000 times per hour. But if you sent a friend request and it was confirmed, it is called the real name.

Although now in that game they made an even more confused feature with a level of trust in friends, and it will be difficult to know the name of the compiler.

But there is a feature for transferring contact to another player. And if someone is very bad, then how would he not call himself if his contact spreads out that he would not do his person will be tainted. Well, for any contact there is still a fairly large field with notes, and a separate graph of rumors, and everyone can add a mark to themselves, and with the next exchange of rumors between both players, this field is updated and supplemented with new ones.

And I had very interesting cases when I learned rumors about myself ?

____

Поиграв с разными людьми, особенно с англоговорящими, я дошел до того что для изменения ника, например мне, я пришел к тому что я Перестал использовать The. А начал добавлять окончание наших фамилий "ko".  Например моя фамилия Бороденко. Я и ник теперь делаю Zvirko.  Сделав так я бы с превеликим удовольствием и блаженством изменил бы так свое имя. Это избавило бы меня от большого количества проблем. По сути , например ядро моего ника не изменится. Но зато меня не будут сокращать до "The Z". 

Можно сделать эту фичу одноразовой, или с кд в 2-3 года.

В реальной то жизни сменить имя или фамилию дело 1-2 недель.

Если вы так беспокоитесь за репутацию, то почему бы не сделать фичу черного списка или код\номер\индификацию. И что бы игрок имел не только имя, а и индификационный код. У нас в стране по факту имя для галочки (очень грубо сказано, но с юридической точки зрения это так), когда ты устраиваешся на работу или берешь кредит, то главный документ это Идентификационный номер налогоплательщика.

Spoiler

Я играл в одну игру, где никто по факту не видет твой реальный ник. Ты сам пишеш имя, и когда игрок тебя видет, то у него в контактах пишется имя которое ты можеш сам менять хоть 1000 раз в час. Но если вы послали запрос дружбы и его подтвердили то называется реальное имя.

Хотя сейчас в той игре сделали теперь еще более замороченую фичу с уровнем доверия к друзьям, и узнать наверняка имя будет тяжело.

Но там есть фича по передачи контакта другому игроку. И если кто то очень нехороший, то как бы он себя не называл если его контакт расползется то что бы он не делал его персона будет запятнана.  Ну и к любому контакту есть еще довольно большое поле с пометками, и отдельная графа слухи, и каждый может добавлять себе пометку, и при очередном обмене слухами у обоих игроков ето поле обновляется и дополняется новыми. 

И у меня были очень интересные случаи когда я узнавал слухи о себе ?

6 hours ago, Gofs said:

My friend, the reason why it's a bad idea is because, in this game reputation have sense, other way people will do some not honorable actions, and then switch nicknames to new. That will cause Chaos in trusting, where everything is, not flat even now.

Мiй друже, земляче :) ця iдея не зовсiм гiдна, тому що зараз репутацiя маэ великий сенс. Якщо люди будуть мати можливiсть змiнювати своi' никнейми, вони будуть нехтувати гiдними дiями та чинити хаос. Це пiдiрве ще бiльше довiру в цiй грi де вона дуже важна але навiдь зараз не в кращому станi

I'd recommend you to join some Ru/Ua villages. Like mine at Pri D10-D11 we have there 3 villagers :) and another village at Indy where Gashek is Mayor there also 3 villagers! :) Always wellcome :)
Я би рекомендував тобi приеднатися до однiэй з деревень з росiйскими та украi'нськими iгроками. Одна з таких знаходиться на Pristini D10-D11 (це моя) нас вже троэ :) а iнша знаходиться на Independence, там головний - Gashek i в них також 3 iгрока :) я впевнен що тобi будуть ради i там :) 

Красно дякую за запрошення. Мій нік в грі (зараз) Thezvir (edab0-clip-22kb.jpg)  Але я поки живу у Ароми з Amore. До мене приєднався мій друг, і ми поки піднімаємо свої скіли і розвиваємося. Але може в гості завітаємо. Я поки не побудую собі корабель (саме побудую а не куплю) не збираюся навіть рипатися звітси , так як через свою топографічнну кризу , я боюся що не зможу повернутися.

____

Thank you very much for the invitation. My nickname in the game (now) Thezvir (edab0-clip-22kb.jpg

But I still live with Aroma from Amore. My friend has joined me, and for the time being we are raising our skills and developing. But we can come to visit. I want to build a ship for myself (I’ll build it and not buy it), I’m not even going to rip from here, because I’m afraid that I will not be able to return.

6 hours ago, Gofs said:

This reasoning would only make sense if alts weren't allowed... but even then putting road blocks does little. Preventing honest players from changing a poorly conceived name does not stop griefers/exploiters/whatever from making alts through alternate e-mails, proxies, and other more sophisticated subversive methods.

• Like 1

А можно что бы все кто ставит -1 немного аргументировали свой выбор ? belaarmyStevWarg ?

___

Is it possible that everyone who puts -1 a little reasoned their choice? belaarmyStevWarg ?

5 hours ago, nekoexmachina said:

Account sales is bad enough already, no name change pls.

The only place i would need a name change is from buying a toon. Thats why i want this.

3 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

The only place i would need a name change is from buying a toon. Thats why i want this.

Why can not do this manual procedure. For example, at least to describe the situation in which you need to change the name.

For example, my main part does not change at all. Only the prefix needs to be changed.

---

Почему нельзя сделать это ручной процедурой. Например хотя бы описать ситуацию по которой надо сменить имя.

Например у меня основная часть никак не меняется. Только приставку нужно поменять.

53 minutes ago, valodis said:

absolutely NO -1

Valo why no ?  If not even a warning that the account name will be the name of the character?

+1 but maybe have a nonchangable name and a display name (an option to toggle displaying permanent versus display names). Maybe have a trader item for 5-10s to change display name to limit changes. 

PvP players would generally with the permanent names displayed while freedomers would likely normally use display names but change to permanent if they're having issues. (make sure tracking shows permanent or both names)

Maybe call it a nickname. And permanent = your name

This is similar to a system where MMOs have it where you can have same name as someone. But when you're both in local it shows a 3 digit suffix to differentiate the 2 (I'm thinking of either Discord or GW2, don't really remember atm)

Actionaly this game have the blacklist, on forum it's called "Name and Shame". That can help you if you meet someone, and plan to trust this person, you always can check if he/she in this list, or not. I think maby you weren't pvp, or hunting uniques around this topics always alot of drama. 
Will show you example :
Image that you selling silver (full trust thing) so you deal with person, he sends you something for 10 silver (for example) you buying, and then he don't pay with Pay Pal, and the switch name, nobody ever will see this name again, and he keep do that again and again.
Another example from another side you can say Pay Pal first, but same here, the person can get cash from you, and just give up on sending silver. and switch the name. 

To make it a workable thing, need to declorate each switch of the name of forums, where will be topic with names, and with the fast search "Ctrl +F" you will able to search and found persons past names, then yeah that can work. Another thing, that if will need to declorate it, that means somebody needs to post this info, somebody trusted, and somebody responsible for name change / and be able to change the name, then i think it's should be some of GM's so that adds a lot of job to them. Or well it's should be a bot (can work also). 

And that will be very good for buying accounts, a lot of people buying accounts, and that can be cool for them to switch name after. 
Totaly idea isn't bad, but it's shouldn't be in rush need to understand and respect other people reasons, why they against... 

• Like 2

-1 No. Accounts have legacies, history, and reputations. Seeing Doctorchaos in local caries with it a certain level of fear. Seeing some names a level of distrust. And other names a level of respect.

• Like 3

Please never no name changes in Wurm. Thanks ? This ruins games. << period.

Discussion old as Wurm.

And as always people write about reputation etc, while still creating countless alts or accounts and selling/buying accounts is available. Funny.

• Like 1