Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Missing Keybinds

When building, "Plan > Wall" shows as being able to be quick bound, but doesn't actually plan a wall when hovering over the tile border with your hammer activated.

Also, can't seem to quick bind the basics like "Build Ladder" "Plan Floor Above/Below" or "Plan Roof"

+200 for dig for treasure keybind. Especilally in unclear terrain and shitty maps it is often necessary to dig very often, a perfect recipe for ruining ankles and carpal tunnels.

• Like 1

A keybind for max. queueable actions please, or allow keyboard macros to do just that.

Having to hit the single action key several times in short succession to queue actions outside the crafting window just feels stupid.

On 6/6/2022 at 10:36 AM, kaidley said:

Still not possible to keybind the clean action for forges/ovens/kilns. 

Still

• Like 1

Something simple and very useful that is missing would be a keybind to use active item... meaning default actions for each item in inventory like if I activated food or water the default action would be to eat or drink it with the keybind but the same keybind would still work on any item. If I activate my sword default action would be to either attack a monster if selected or to chop a tree if selected... if I activated my rake the default would be to farm... ect.. ect.. basically one key that works with everything's default action if I activate an item one key I can use for the default action.  This would help make things easier... and less menue click, menu click.. menu click.. and finally select action.... 

13 hours ago, ShinWolfardd said:

Something simple and very useful that is missing would be a keybind to use active item... meaning default actions for each item in inventory like if I activated food or water the default action would be to eat or drink it with the keybind but the same keybind would still work on any item. If I activate my sword default action would be to either attack a monster if selected or to chop a tree if selected... if I activated my rake the default would be to farm... ect.. ect.. basically one key that works with everything's default action if I activate an item one key I can use for the default action.  This would help make things easier... and less menue click, menu click.. menu click.. and finally select action.... 

bind q activate

activate exists, it's just not listed anywhere as quick-keybind option, same with examine since it's menu icon, not option, you cant right click and keep some key pressed to quick-keybind either

there's drink keybind, I think there's eat or nibble or whatever.. some keybind was added some time ago

activating something and pressing eat/drink keybind at random screen space seems unnecessary, it's easier to point over the item and drink/eat than activate and then do extra actions, isn't it...

as to restriction to actions based on tool/s ... hard pass....

lets just dream about a distant future where UI and client mods to what's visible and where on the UI alone is possible, where players could revert to default and redownload it transparently(when they mess it up..) and also modify their own JSON or whatever menu per tools/action/etc...

then.. anyone could utilize exactly that kind of behavior, default actions per tool, sort actions by most common use and remove actions they never use or rather move them somewhere else, like path abilities wasted often while farming, etc

a bright new day far far far in the future of 2030 maybe, we'll see

Edited by Finnn

Does anyone know when all these actions that are not bindable will be added? It has been like 5 years on some of the requests.

Ok I don't know why this important one is missing but:

"RIDE"

Please add this one so I don't have to rightclick + click ride on my unicorn every time I want to mount it.

• Like 2

CAN WE JUST GET A SYSTEM WITH ACTIONS AND KEYBINDS...

TXT/INI/JSON file with action/keybind or anything like that.. if we lack something to just add it ourselves?

This thread is nearly dead, last time a new command was added was "A WHILE" ago.... maintenance could be done by the players if actions were just listed in a file.. and we could assign keys to them.

There's a fair bit of actions where there's just no "bindable command" or whatever makes them possible to turn action into a bind.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2023 at 19:57, Finnn said:

bind q activate

activate exists, it's just not listed anywhere as quick-keybind option, same with examine since it's menu icon, not option, you cant right click and keep some key pressed to quick-keybind either

there's drink keybind, I think there's eat or nibble or whatever.. some keybind was added some time ago

activating something and pressing eat/drink keybind at random screen space seems unnecessary, it's easier to point over the item and drink/eat than activate and then do extra actions, isn't it...

as to restriction to actions based on tool/s ... hard pass....

lets just dream about a distant future where UI and client mods to what's visible and where on the UI alone is possible, where players could revert to default and redownload it transparently(when they mess it up..) and also modify their own JSON or whatever menu per tools/action/etc...

then.. anyone could utilize exactly that kind of behavior, default actions per tool, sort actions by most common use and remove actions they never use or rather move them somewhere else, like path abilities wasted often while farming, etc

a bright new day far far far in the future of 2030 maybe, we'll see

The activate item keybind does exist. you just have to look into the in-game keybinding, and not the client when starting wurm since some keybinds are missing there. It's there.

I think what @ShinWolfarddmeans is something entirly different than just a keybind to activate items.

He is talking about a default action WHEN an item is activated. 

-If I activate a rope, the default action when hovering over a horse should be "lead".

- If I activate a stone brick and hover over an unfinished guard tower, the default action when hovering should be "continue (building)"

- If I activate a hatchet and hover over a tree/bush, default action should be "Cut down" ( This works )

- If I activate a sickle and hover over a tree/bush, default action should be "Cut sprout (if available)"  or "Prune".

These changes would cut the required actions to do simple stuff and save you some time and key/mouse presses.

"CAN WE JUST GET A SYSTEM WITH ACTIONS AND KEYBINDS...

TXT/INI/JSON file with action/keybind or anything like that.. if we lack something to just add it ourselves?"

If the above can be done easily, I agree. Let's do it because I don't think any dev will pick up these keybinds when there are tons of other (new) bugs to be fixed.

Edited by Berms

was mentioned in I think the very first post, but because it bears repeating: Clean (oven, forge, etc)

On 7/4/2023 at 2:56 AM, Berms said:

"CAN WE JUST GET A SYSTEM WITH ACTIONS AND KEYBINDS...

TXT/INI/JSON file with action/keybind or anything like that.. if we lack something to just add it ourselves?"

If the above can be done easily, I agree. Let's do it because I don't think any dev will pick up these keybinds when there are tons of other (new) bugs to be fixed.

On WU we had a mod that allowed you to see the actual action ID for literally any action in the game, it's a 5 digit number or whatever, and so you were able to bind any action in the console using that. This leads me to believe that the fact that there's so many things that we cannot keybind in WO is purely an issue of either lack of developer interest in taking the time to add the additional keybinds, which is a simple, albeit perhaps slightly tedious task, or a conscious intent to not allow the player to keybind everything that would be useful to do so. I hope it's the former, and they can be persuaded

On 04/07/2023 at 09:23, Berms said:

Ok I don't know why this important one is missing but:

"RIDE"

Please add this one so I don't have to rightclick + click ride on my unicorn every time I want to mount it.

+1,

We already have embark as driver/passenger and disembark, would be so handy to jump on the horse together with "lead" bind, just imagine jumping on the horse with two clicks *.* I always lead my horse so even if I have to get few dozen tiles away I get there 3 times faster + food supply from saddle bags all the time.

Edited by ZealotSE
  • Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 12:00 AM, DaletheGood said:

Still

Over a year later, and still we suffer.

There is no keybind for clean (furnace)

Does anybody track and implement any of these from time to time?