Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Missing Keybinds

Would love if there was a way to keybind pet clear order and pet attack

Bind Q Lockpick

one of the most used skill especially in pvp yet doesnt have a keybind while numerous useless stuff like eat, taste, track etc that never gets used as a keybind have it..

Mount animals hotkey would be nice so can lead and then mount easily.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 2

Throw, for snowballs.

Or make double-click action with ranged selected, work, with snowball activated, instead of outputting examine out-of-range error message.

Please.

Right-click -> Throw, for every snowball, is immersion breaking for a snowball fight.

• Like 1

"Use" - for pendulums. Constantly used in pvp and situationally in PvE.

inspect animal (doesn't work through a fence)

On 2/26/2021 at 5:48 PM, Ekcin said:

examine and activate exist. +1 for use

these can not be quick-binded at all, examine since new ui is an icon which can not be quick-binded by pointing over it and pressing a key to quick-bind;

activate does not exist in any menu afaik

Admittedly I didn't read every post in this, but I have 2 particular pet peeves. For default keybinds (i.e. "F") why isn't Mine one when a pickax is activated, and Ride when leading a saddled, shoed horse? Makes no sense how those aren't defaults.

8 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

Admittedly I didn't read every post in this, but I have 2 particular pet peeves. For default keybinds (i.e. "F") why isn't Mine one when a pickax is activated, and Ride when leading a saddled, shoed horse? Makes no sense how those aren't defaults.

There's no default in wurm.. for specific tool or item.. as many have different actions to interact with them, you can lead/ride/breed/groom/tame/feed/.. a living horse.. few more for dead one, with specifics for terrain etc..

it's not the type of game you imagine, to have that kind of qol default key setup, you can do that on your own with preset of keybinds and preloading them as you do different things during your play.. like while you hunt/plant to travel or explore - you load a set of keybinds with exactly what you have in mind.. but while you grind animal husbandry, taming, terraform, etc - you'll need to switch that setup.

At the very least wasting F key on ride(including lead action before that) is far from what most people would like or expect.

pickaxe.. you can mine down/up/forward.. just by activating pickaxe and looking at a mine wall/floor/ceiling, pointing at something else opens a few more options..

thread is about actions which are possible in the game, but currently are not possible to keybind, for example new window 'inspect animal' have no known keybind yet, bashing walls with a maul can be quickbinded but nothing happens(not ideal example..), few other ideas you can get from the posts above

41 minutes ago, Finnn said:

There's no default in wurm.. for specific tool or item.. as many have different actions to interact with them, you can lead/ride/breed/groom/tame/feed/.. a living horse.. few more for dead one, with specifics for terrain etc..

it's not the type of game you imagine, to have that kind of qol default key setup, you can do that on your own with preset of keybinds and preloading them as you do different things during your play.. like while you hunt/plant to travel or explore - you load a set of keybinds with exactly what you have in mind.. but while you grind animal husbandry, taming, terraform, etc - you'll need to switch that setup.

At the very least wasting F key on ride(including lead action before that) is far from what most people would like or expect.

pickaxe.. you can mine down/up/forward.. just by activating pickaxe and looking at a mine wall/floor/ceiling, pointing at something else opens a few more options..

thread is about actions which are possible in the game, but currently are not possible to keybind, for example new window 'inspect animal' have no known keybind yet, bashing walls with a maul can be quickbinded but nothing happens(not ideal example..), few other ideas you can get from the posts above

Uh, the F key is default for many actions. won't go into all of them, but Dig when a shovel is activated and hovering over a tile is one. I think that any action that automatically binds to the F key and hovers on the screen as a prompt could confidently be called a default. And ride horse is not keybindable via the quickbind action on a right-click.

Also, the level of condescension in your post is breathtaking. Says Mayor next to your name, I'm gonna guess it's not Pleasantville that you're mayor of...

Picking seeds from farm crops is missing a keybind. Crush does have a keybind to get seeds from pumpkin.

On 6/6/2021 at 7:22 AM, DaletheGood said:

Uh, the F key is default for many actions. won't go into all of them, but Dig when a shovel is activated and hovering over a tile is one. I think that any action that automatically binds to the F key and hovers on the screen as a prompt could confidently be called a default. And ride horse is not keybindable via the quickbind action on a right-click.

Also, the level of condescension in your post is breathtaking. Says Mayor next to your name, I'm gonna guess it's not Pleasantville that you're mayor of...

"nice" troll..

forum ranks are a joke.. that is just a measure how many posts you have, spam some more, you'll be mayor of your own plebville

this thread is about ACTIONS that do not have keybinds;

what you use with F is somewhat different mechanic, I personally disable it.. it's causing in times more trouble than use for me, too easy and fast to keybind what I want and how I want it.. rather than use 1 key and pray that it does what I want it to do if that makes sense to you.

there's quick-keybinding and keybinding from console or preloading setting(keybind) files/'profiles'/'setups' call them however you like.. plenty of ways to do more with that than use *whatever F default* is

the game have too much of that micromanagement.. you'll get more done if you know what you're doing when you press something, no need to use "F-default" on faith and hope what you need is there

Please save me another 20 years, add the cleaning for forges/klins/ovens to be keybindable.

No keybind for reinforcing walls and floors: REINFORCE is not a supported action (says console)

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 6:49 AM, Finnn said:

this thread is about ACTIONS that do not have keybinds;

Much as i hate to say it, the 'default' action gets used all the time by most of the community(from what i gather), and ya there are some missing things for that as well, and they can be considered keybindings in their own way, and they really dont need another thread for it(there are already 5 others). and ya, there are lots of missing defaults, the only way to get them added may be to suggest it....who knows. 

things like if im already mounted on a horse/wagon, the 'default' should be to open a vehicle if possible.

• Like 1

Small carts have no default keybind. Should that not be set to drag like large carts are set for embark?

Fill

dye with a certain dye - like with imp - actions that are in the dye group for each sub action to take the same key like with imping

"Get price" keybind is missing. I want information on how much favor is in the altar. The r-click menu is a hassle.

-A keybind to close the topmost window (Possibly defaulted to Ctrl+W or somehow incorporate it was Esc as most games by default close windows with Esc)

-A keybind to close all windows (Possibly Ctrl+Shfift+X as that's how browsers close all their windows)

Ideally I would love to see a community "competition" where we all submit our ideas of keybinding schemes with an entry fee (possibly 1s?), and then players can vote on the schemes and the winner walks out with prize (possibly 25s?). Could also have a dev choice which is the one that would be put into the game (and that choice possibly also gets 25s) 

Still not possible to keybind the clean action for forges/ovens/kilns.