Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Missing Keybinds

I'd love for pick_sprout to work on trellises

3 hours ago, Explora said:

I like this from Valrei International 84

but if the left and right mouse buttons were bindable actions we could change them to whatever keys/buttons we wanted.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as that, it's all hard coded, adding bindable actions for that might be much much longer

On 5/21/2019 at 2:04 AM, nicedreams said:

mount / unmount    an animal, cart or ship please.

SIT works for Embark as Passenger on cart, wagon and ship.

STANDUP works for Disembark from the same, if a cart, wagon or ship is highlighted, but not if a ground tile is highlighted.

So what is missing is 'Embark as Commander' and 'Ride' (perhaps both could be covered by a COMMAND keybind?), plus disembarking from mounted animals and disembark when hovering ground tiles.

To add the wishlist from my keymapping scripts, that hasn't been covered above:

• HITCH
  • UNHITCH
  • MOOR
  • RAISE_ANCHOR
  • SET_TOOL# (assigns hovered item to toolbelt slot)

Not keybinds, but I'd also love to see the following console commands:

• savetoolbelt - like the SAVETOOLBELT keybind, but with a console command, I can save the current toolbelt before loading a different one in a console script
  • skilltracker commands equivalent to the toolbelt commands, so I can switch skilltracker in console scripts
  • saveskilltracker
  • saveskilltracker <0-9>
  • loadskilltracker <0-9>
  • prevskilltracker
  • nextskilltracker

My scripts use a menu system for selecting a mode. If I select e.g. mining, I get mining actions on my action buttons (Z,X,C,V) and my 'resources' toolbelt loaded.

At the moment I don't use more skilltracker slots, just fill slot0 up with my top selection, but I'd love to also get a context-specific skilltracker loaded along with the toolbelt and actions.

Finally, the PLAN_BUILDING and FINALIZE_BUILDING keybinds doesn't work for me.

please add support for 'discard' an example of this is when your mining sandstone.

being able to do that faster would be ideal, or even add discard while in a pile

5c0e74f28f4654b00cf8bc99bfb19150.png

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 4:20 PM, Aldaturo said:

SIT works for Embark as Passenger on cart, wagon and ship.

STANDUP works for Disembark from the same, if a cart, wagon or ship is highlighted, but not if a ground tile is highlighted.

So what is missing is 'Embark as Commander' and 'Ride' (perhaps both could be covered by a COMMAND keybind?), plus disembarking from mounted animals and disembark when hovering ground tiles.

To add the wishlist from my keymapping scripts, that hasn't been covered above:

• HITCH
  • UNHITCH
  • MOOR
  • RAISE_ANCHOR
  • SET_TOOL# (assigns hovered item to toolbelt slot)

Not keybinds, but I'd also love to see the following console commands:

• savetoolbelt - like the SAVETOOLBELT keybind, but with a console command, I can save the current toolbelt before loading a different one in a console script
  • skilltracker commands equivalent to the toolbelt commands, so I can switch skilltracker in console scripts
  • saveskilltracker
  • saveskilltracker <0-9>
  • loadskilltracker <0-9>
  • prevskilltracker
  • nextskilltracker

My scripts use a menu system for selecting a mode. If I select e.g. mining, I get mining actions on my action buttons (Z,X,C,V) and my 'resources' toolbelt loaded.

At the moment I don't use more skilltracker slots, just fill slot0 up with my top selection, but I'd love to also get a context-specific skilltracker loaded along with the toolbelt and actions.

Finally, the PLAN_BUILDING and FINALIZE_BUILDING keybinds doesn't work for me.

I believe there is an embark as commander bind but I forget what it is.  I used to use it in pvp to quickly jump in a boat as driver.  I had to dig through the code to figure out what it was though

So I have this compiled list of actions that have had keybinds suggested (Note this does not include actions that would be desired)

Destroy - bash fence/walls
Light object - steel and flint activated
clean forge - shovel on forge
plant herbs
mix - creation of healing covers
mix - adding of dye ingredients
raise corner - concrete on rock
call for help
taunt
smelt
discard
pick sprout to work on trellis
fillet (I thought this was a thing

embark / Disembark commander
embark / disembark passenger
burn
taste / eat
crush wemp
crush pumpkins 
trade (traders, merchants, players)
place
drink
lore
rename
destroy pavement
reinforce
essence drain
land of the dead
summon soul
corrupt
zombie infestation
purge
toxin
cleanse
hypothermia
focused will
inferno
spin yoyo
hitch
unhitch
moor
raise anchor
plan_building
finalize_building

• Like 3

I'm sure there is more, should make a ingame PSA so people vist this thread.

A bit different than the others but would it be feasible to add keybinds to Create/Continue in the crafting window? For mass spamming shafts etc. it would be a good support, I could focus better to work in RL while creating mats :P 

• Like 1

Miss Keybind to cast on my body... always need to put body on a belt (not comfortable)!

On 5/31/2019 at 2:27 AM, Retrograde said:

fillet (I thought this was a thing

Fillet does have a keybind, "bind f filet".

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 7:27 PM, Retrograde said:

So I have this compiled list of actions that have had keybinds suggested (Note this does not include actions that would be desired)

Seconded for being able to bind specific emotes

On 5/23/2019 at 12:02 PM, Finnn said:

keybinds for all emotes

Even just being able to keybind 'smile' would be a godsend for everyone that uses Granger to manage large herds.

• Like 3

And while we're on the subject - I would love to be able to unbind the default Wiki Search key of 'h'.  Or at the very least, allow the window to be closed with ESC.

• Like 1

I gotta ask, why not just enable the "custom actions" mod code as part of the main Wurm code?  One where you "act_show on" and get the action's number, then bind it with the console.

No, it won't make a lick of difference for bots.  Bots don't get carpal tunnel, they existed on Runescape since way before anything was keybound there.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

I gotta ask, why not just enable the "custom actions" mod code as part of the main Wurm code?  One where you "act_show on" and get the action's number, then bind it with the console.

No, it won't make a lick of difference for bots.  Bots don't get carpal tunnel, they existed on Runescape since way before anything was keybound there.

Because that actually has a lot of possible errors and is not actually intended. 

There's two systems, one that determines whether the action shows in the context menu, and one that does the action.

Bypassing the context menu allows for actions that should not be possible to be done, which don't matter too much in WU because it's not as impacting.

In WO it's far more important to ensure that actions bypassing permissions or mechanics are not possible so this would be disastrous. 

We're aware it's not the best system, but the amount of refactoring would be huge, it's why new actions tend to be better written than the old ones though

11 hours ago, Sidereal said:

And while we're on the subject - I would love to be able to unbind the default Wiki Search key of 'h'.  Or at the very least, allow the window to be closed with ESC.

bind h ""

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Bypassing the context menu allows for actions that should not be possible to be done, which don't matter too much in WU because it's not as impacting.

In WO it's far more important to ensure that actions bypassing permissions or mechanics are not possible so this would be disastrous. 

I got some alt deeds that can be played with, would it help with the general expansion of keybinding if I PM'ed any weirdness I find over time from using that mod?  Haven't found anything out of the ordinary so far but haven't been trying either.

I would like to have the graphics setting "Rotate player w/ mount" as a toggle keybind

• Like 1

Would be useful for cooking grind to add a bind for action "snuff" together with "light" for objects like forges and ovens.

• Like 1

Not sure if mentioned already but continue house wall is missing keybind and would be neat to have it. When you build floor on house it has bind for continue but not when you build house wall, i guess it's different action...

Essence drain is another one
Fixing the pick keybind on pick on planter racks
edit: on request of someone discard discard discard discard discard discard discard discard discard discard discard discard discard discard discard discard DiScArD DISCARD!!! discard? discard! why no discard my kingdom for a discard keybind

On 7/7/2019 at 5:11 PM, Retrograde said:

Because that actually has a lot of possible errors and is not actually intended. 

There's two systems, one that determines whether the action shows in the context menu, and one that does the action.

We're aware it's not the best system, but the amount of refactoring would be huge, it's why new actions tend to be better written than the old ones though

bind h ""

I have yet to run into any issue with the permission system while using the custom keybind mod in wu it will tell you you arent allowed to do that if you try to do things that you got keybind and arent showing up in the menu due to permissions being lacking

Saying that "this might be a possible issue because it might bypass permissions" is just being lazy a check can be run on every keybind pressed to make sure you got permissions to do it and oh look no more issues if they even exist
You say it is not intended for us to be able to keybind a lot of things that custom keybinds offers but i say to that what isnt?

The only real thing i can think of is actions the wurm dev team doesnt want us to be able to be bound to a key(like the ones you listed above)
Also you made that list in may and its now november where are the keybinds? There is no excuse for something like that to not be a month max for implementation unless its just on the list of "lets please the playerbase by saying we might do it but never do it"

I still stand for adding in every action in the game to be keybindable if its by making individual keybinds for everything in the right click menu or adding in functionality that custom keybinds offers it doesnt matter how its done but this whole "lets release a small set of keybinds once in a blue moon" approach just makes people sour and call the dev team lazy
If you say "oh we dont have the dev time to work on adding it all" to that i say ask bdew if he would be willing to work on it as a contractor heck on that subject get more staff to help out(non player facing staff)
There really is no reason other then laziness or "Its not important to us" that makes this still be an issue

And im sure that @bdewcan tell us better or not but in his mod it doesnt do anything special in terms of how actions are send off to the server so permission checks should still be done before an action is allowed to be done right bdew?

LATE EDIT: smelt cant forget about that one

Edited by wipeout

The problem is that they don't trust their server code enough to just allow you to send any action, here's what keenan said on it back then

On 3/20/2016 at 10:12 AM, Keenan said:

Just want to say thank you to all the modders!

And a word of caution with the custom action keybind mod: When we add key binds to the client, we try to test them fairly extensively as the past has shown how a keybind can differ from intentional use of an action. Binding raw actions to a keybind could create exploitable situations, or worse, cause the server to crash. I can't think of any instance off the top of my head that would cause the latter, but at the very least if you use an action and it sends a null object, you'll wind up with a null pointer exception. The server us usually pretty good at eating these and logging them, but mileage may vary.

• Like 1

Disarm

Paint

Plant

Raise Corner(when using concrete)

Trap(for placing traps)