Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Give Epic The Map It Deserves

Give Epic the new map it deserves so Kingdoms can start to build up on that map - There is zero point letting new players join elevation just for the current community to be screaming "map wipe, map reset"
and all the current players know you have to be dumb to start building up anything on the current map for the same reasons.

It's going to happen so instead of saying WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR UPDATES - Give us the map now - strip epic of certain 'features' and go back to the basics. 

see you next year for an update if not

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 7

Rather sooner than later.

I think 99% of the epicners would support a new Elevation map, even the ones still having a deed there.

Just give us a 2 week notice to move the stuff we want to keep to the home servers.

+1

This was already tried. It changed nothing.

• Like 1

what they tried was nothing compared to what's being asked. 

Let me summarize:

1. New map 4k in size (totally delete current epic in total (homeservers and all))

2. Remove almost everything after steel plate in gear (including weapons)

3. Remove tomes completely

4. Remove meditation

-OR-

Make a new cluster (dont hate) with just one island completely disconnected in everyway possible to the rest of the game

Then everything i said above minus deleting epic. Then watch as your subscriber base skyrockets in that server. Spend the year making your changes on epic (which is dead but has a few die hard volunteers for your 'changes' to be tested on). And then give epic a chance to move to freedom with items. Delete epic and save on 4 servers, then work on the 1 hopefully thriving pvp server you started the year before (right now)

You'll find everything wrong with pvp is everything right with pve.. its nice to have shiny armours and gear... but it wrecks pvp in this game. Tomes... probably one of the few worst additions to the game. then there is meditation.. I really dont need to repeat what has been said.

• Like 2

reason i refused to play epic even before the BS skill to freedumb is the map. Its atrocious. A downright piece of crap

+1

As someone who started out on epic I would definitely return for a new smaller map to play on. 

Hoping that changing out the Elevation map isn't big work for the Dev's to do and not considered a big update.  At least give the PvP community something to do while we wait until next year for the hope of more Epic updates.

Keep all home servers and just change Elevation map.

Oh ya.....fill up those empty Volcano's on the home server and/or put a volcano on Elevation.

Consider it the last thing you do to Epic for the rest of 2019 for us.  If it doesn't work out, oh well.....then we wait it out.

-1 to removing home servers

I would agree to this only if the players suggesting to remove home servers will agree to have their skills reset, lose all of their inventory (including merchants), lose alts, and lose their PvE deeds.   It's easy to tell someone else to give up their hard work and effort, but hard to sacrifice your own, eh?

+1 on new Elevation map only

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

It's easy to tell someone else to give up their hard work and effort, but hard to sacrifice your own, eh?

+1 on new Elevation map only

this is kind of contradicting my friend

however, idc if 1 or 20 people whine about their beloved pottery collection, home servers should go

4 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

I support a new Elevation map, but if existing players wanted to keep old Elevation, I support that as well.  Nothing contradictory about that.  

4 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

idc if 1 or 20 people whine about their beloved pottery collection

That's the problem, and the real reason why this game is failing.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

however, idc if 1 or 20 people whine about their beloved pottery collection, home servers should go

Well, good that devs won't care about that radical suggestions.

Just bring the old Elevation map back.... 

Only reason this map was accepted is cause the first suggestion was the worse piece of....i ever seen. 
Or have Ausimus make a few suggestions and have people vote on them. 

Just make it the same size as the old Elevation one, pointless with huge maps when we don't have the people for it.....i remember old Ele and you would login and see it was "only" 80 ppl on so me as a new player felt that i could go work on my fight skill since pop was lower then 100....now i'd be so happy for 80 on the whole cluster with the homeservers lol...

4K map? God no, Xanapoo is a struggle as it is.

This thread is about Elevation, not home servers. 

I wonder what the cost is to implement and maintain a new Elevation type server?  Release and Pristine were added to the Freedom cluster, followed by Xanadu, so adding new servers can and has been done.

I would like to think a new additional Elevation server would increase player populations, but after Affliction and Elevation, it's hard to see it being successful long term.

I did not speak to or heard about anyone having interest in or on Elevation being against a new smaller map regardless of kingdom and group - correct me if I'm wrong here. Please let us have it. Home servers are a different story, they have a partly separate playerbase who should not be disturbed by the annoyance of Ele playerbase.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Galatyn said:

I wonder what the cost is to implement and maintain a new Elevation type server?  Release and Pristine were added to the Freedom cluster, followed by Xanadu, so adding new servers can and has been done.

I would like to think a new additional Elevation server would increase player populations, but after Affliction and Elevation, it's hard to see it being successful long term.

You can run a very decent dedicated server on Wurm Unlimited for around $110 CDN last time I checked for a month. That's about 73 euros or about 9 premiums (at 8 EUros per premium per month).

Implementation isn't a big deal and would take minimum time once the actual map is created. Using a tool like World Machine makes that relatively easy too.

With PVP servers go small not big. Lack of space drives player interactions (just like in real life btw). If you want active PVP make people crammed together so they need to fight.

At current or even improved PVP levels I would not make it any bigger then 1024 x 1024.

~Nappy

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nappy said:

With PVP servers go small not big. Lack of space drives player interactions (just like in real life btw). If you want active PVP make people crammed together so they need to fight.

This 100%.  This was a huge part of what made deso 3 so good.

It needs a new map yes but it feels pointless when it will be left alone like the last map reset.  It will stagnate again but the thing is, why would people rebuild when they don't know what these alleged plans for epic are in 2020 2021 the future?  Just slapping a new map on elevation doesn't give me any drive or feeling any trust to come back to epic.  It needs a new map and the attention that it has earned but apparently doesn't deserve

• Like 2