Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Wurmaholics Anonymous

Post here with how long you've been clean.  I just recently hit a year and been going strong.

• Like 1

2 hours because my premium time expired and i refuse to renew

• Like 3

If you keep coming back to post on the forums, you haven't quit :)

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

2 hours because my premium time expired and i refuse to renew

I believe in you! Stay strong brother!

Look at how much I don't care everyone! Look!

• Like 3

at least one maybe 2 months  - well sort of, I slip up when I log into my freedom deed to add upkeep ? sorry I know I'm weak, but actually haven't played for those 2 months. Enjoying it more and more :)

• Like 2

3 hours now i think?

basically since retro gave us the 100% death sentence to pvp

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chakron said:

If you keep coming back to post on the forums, you haven't quit :)

True, true...+

• Like 1

Does it count if I'm keeping myself away from spirits but still have beer and coctails?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quicktor said:

3 hours now i think?

basically since retro gave us the 100% death sentence to pvp

When reading your toxic rants I am always considering a withdrawal from forum reading, or mass ignore. No wonder that the most phony flamers aren't subbed.

• Like 4

Almost 8 hours.... then a noise in the kitchen woke me up which turned out to be the cat.  Gonna commit, however, and stay clean until after I've showered, pun half intended.

• Like 1

i was a month clean and had relapse... but hey now it's just some extra wurm while partying... doesn't count, right? RIGHT?!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

Almost 8 hours.... then a noise in the kitchen woke me up which turned out to be the cat. 

Sleep ..??!!

What a wuss!

• Like 1

The will was strong but the flesh is week, I lied to myself again thinking i'd skip a day and then maybe more.  Here I sit, skipping sunday service, may or may not have had wurm enter my dreams, yet I was also a jockey at Pimlico for the second leg of the triple crown , in the starting gate, feet securely in muh irons, bridle forward up and ready before a grain truck roared and thundered past my house and the glint of sun poked through the blinds slats. Though i've not logged in, i've edged closer with loading up discord and peaked at the forums.  I cannot resist hitting the play button soon where the client makes my computer stutter step.   I'm sorry, it has only be 13hrs since my last wurm imbibe.  To give encouragement to others, I once went a full 9 months clean of wurm.  YOU CAN.

15 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Sleep ..??!!

What a wuss!

31e0lz.jpg

• Like 2

There is some virtue to this "brotherhood" of exposed anonymity? Better perhaps to remain hidden under that rock? Here you only expose yourselves to the worst of Wurm potential unfulfilled. Move onward to your new adventures and leave the past behind. Wurm trods on over the corpses of the departed until the remains of their presence turns to dust.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Hey now, be supportive.  These brave people are coming out and sharing their experiences in a world that refuses to decriminalize Wurm (I'm looking at you, non-gaming spouses and ambushing relatives) and bullies consumers on account of some outdated social stigma (I'm still looking at you, non-gamer scum!).

If you see someone running around your local park cutting sprouts off trees and randomly planting them nearby, don't mock them.  Talk to them, encourage them, teach them things like keeping a filled-out Excel chat in the background and fast alt-tabbing techniques.

Be part of the solution! 

• Like 1

Some Wurm addicts never recover.  The best we can hope for is to manage our needs so that the cravings do not get so strong as to overwhelm us.

PVE dependants have numerous therapies available, from anger management (self-defence/fight skill), through manual labour (digging/mining) to arts and crafts.

For PVP addicts the situation is more bleak.  There are PMK support groups that can help to deal with the mental Chaos - and Epic holds a portal drop-in clinic for those in need of a quick fix. 

Unfortunately there is no long-term solution currently, but rest assured you are not alone, we are all here to offer our continued support.

• Like 2

i relapsed about 3 months ago for a few weeks..

im clean now, but it always lingers

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 1

Stop paying premium? suure, I guess so, epic ded, devs hate us, blah.

Stop posting on the forums? NEVAAAAHHH!

Was on a 2yr+ hiatus before I caved and an back in full swing with daily activity... 

Just got real itchy without it yknow? 

Went 2 years once. That was when WU came out. Does that count? I've been back in WO for 2 years now.

You have to go to the meeting to be a member of WA, or so I heard.  I was planning on attending but my horse is sick.