Sign in to follow this  
electricwomb

Containers won't fill with water

So I have been playing Wurm recently on an offline server.  I have power level 5.  Just myself building and having some fun but for some reason I can't put water into containers.  I have the container selected.  Click and select fill and nothing.  If I try it with ash in the container (for lye) it says "This will destroy the water."  

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Try dragging the water from a fountain or well into a container. It should be working  using "FILL" from a large water body but sometimes transferring water from one container (well/fountain) to another is touchy.  Usually the container must be empty.

You cannot use "fill" on container with other items in it already, or mix fresh and salty water.

Don't 'add' water to ash to make lye, instead fill the container with water first, then activate the ash and right click the water (not the container but the water inside). I do this with jars then dump all of the lye into a larger container after. Mixing up large portions sometimes has issues, and generally it will use up ALL the water even if you only need SOME of it. Also you get much more skill making up many small batches, and almost no skill from one large batch.

The only items you can usually 'add' to a container with water are food type items. If you try to add other items, you get the message that "it would be destroyed" (nothing would really be destroyed, that's just the game's way of saying You Can't Do That.)

It seems very complicated at first but with just a bit of time, you can do all of this without thinking.

They are a little long winded at times (I think that is part of their charm), but gamester4life's 235 videos on Wurm will show step by step how to do everything, just a mater of finding the right video ...  For instance, if you are trying to make lye for making hides into leather, see this one.

It's a rather old list but I have a lot of other youtube tutorials listed here:

Sometimes one person's explanation is more helpful than anothers so find one that seems most useful for you...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Hey thanks for the tips.  I really appreciate them.  Currently waiting to see if my fountain produces water after divining my water to a source

If you get the message "The pendulum now swings frantically! There is something here! " then you have the correct tile. It's kind of a game of warmer-warmer-colder-HOT! The actual meaning of each phrase is listed here.  If you have the wrong spot, you can push it to the right spot.  I think it normally takes 10-30 minutes to fill.

You need a Fountain or an Ornate Fountain. There is a third fountain, "Decorative Fountain", that does not fill with water it just acts like a fancy water-spewing sculpture.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1