dude, this is the best, most simple easily achieved idea yet...

make a new map on a new server, not connected to ANYTHING just like mclovin said

you cant possibly come around the corner and tell us thats too much work

H Y P E

• Like 4

That would be 100% awesome.. bring the WU experience of starting fresh to WO

• Like 1

PVP population should be merged, not divided by creating another server.

• Like 1

People who are worried about reset, do you think that you have to sit there and grind 50 body str and 90 weapon skills. no.

You'll literally be getting 20 chain smith just to create your friends a chain set, you won't be sat there making 100 Chain gaunlets you'll be making 5 chain sets for your friends, you'll be relied on.
It's so different now for the Kingdom and Group experience, we have 1 account that can do EVERYTHING. It's wrong.
Hunting will be dangerous, you'll do it like the old days where you go out in duo's to hunt cause chance of pvp was high.
You'll have "roles" again where people are concentrated on different skills because nobody can be a jack of all trades for the first year,

it isn't a reset of characters it's a reset of PVP - Bring back what truly creates a PVP server, the fellowship. The working together. The mclovin where are my crops i need to tame and you're the highest farmer with your 40 skill.
Take pvp back to the roots and test everything that came and has been added from the ground up. 

Fresh accounts. Fresh map.

It's literally a extended challenge 3 server.

You could even add "challenge portals" so we can teleport over on our current accounts but load in with fresh stats. 

it's guaranteed to carry us over until you guys truly work on Epic and we'll have the right idea from a fresh players perspective of what works and what doesn't. 
End the stagnation with accounts, items and map itself. 

A new start, one simple map, on a simple server. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

PVP population should be merged, not divided by creating another server.

and yet we sit here....waiting

clocks been ticking 3 years now on a decision and it doesnt stop

mclovins idea gives room to breath while maintaining income for codeclub

• Like 4

don't want it buried or over taking anything.

• Like 1

The elevation server could actually be repurposed for this.. Cut the ele server from the home servers, connect the home servers together and isolate the elevation server with a reset of accounts and a new map.

Edited by faty
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

don't want it buried or over taking anything.

Also would be a great opportunity to live test the new hosting model of servers on AWS

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Quicktor said:

dude, this is the best, most simple easily achieved idea yet...

make a new map on a new server, not connected to ANYTHING just like mclovin said

you cant possibly come around the corner and tell us thats too much work

H Y P E

Yeah, a new map to further spread the PVP population.

Dumb.

5 minutes ago, Entendu said:

Yeah, a new map to further spread the PVP population.

Dumb.

But there's no population to spread? ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alexgopen said:

But there's no population to spread? ?

Sure there is. It's small, but there are people who still play on PVP servers. 

Why add to one of the problems? 

I am fine with a new PVP server, but Epic and Chaos need to be shut down. The Epic players need to be able to keep their skills with a move to Freedom.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 5:26 PM, Mordraug said:

That's another thing... you guys are WAY too easily triggered.

So sensitive ffs.

Maybe we go back and look at some of your posts from 3-4 years ago?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Entendu said:

The Epic players need to be able to keep their skills with a move to Freedom.

If the Epic players wanted to move to Freedom they would have done it when the merge happened and the skills were crossed over. The fact they stayed goes to show you they don't want to move.

They are happy where they are, leave them alone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Entendu said:

I am fine with a new PVP server, but Epic and Chaos need to be shut down. The Epic players need to be able to keep their skills with a move to Freedom.

So you don't want to uproot the very very VERY few PVP players, but you also want to uproot them by forcing them onto PVE?

PVP is dead mate, there is no if and/or buts about it. Chaos is a good zombie, good enough it's not totally urgent, but Epic really needs to something, and fast.

Edited by Madnath

4 hours ago, Entendu said:

2016 called they want their merge discussion threads back.

We are so far beyond "muh skills on freedom cluster" we already wiped MR which was the main reason what more do you want?

• Like 1

The devs need to split code and move it away from PvE, the games should be similar in some ways but certain mechanics are different. Such as letting player god priests bash mine doors. However not so similar that adding loose code is going to create more issues that create more issues into the pvp-side of Wurm.

Basically with every change loophole the devs commit to the code that allows this certain feature to work with Chaos breaks the integrity of the code for both sides pvp and pve. It could be minor but it all adds up. Stuff like, old exploits work again, graphical anomalies, embarking bug, random changes to something which was changed specifically for pvp but not it's altered and doesn't work now. As a player that pays money for a game you ask yourself why play this game? You make threads like this; because all this stuff diminishes pvp excitement and you stop playing. It's serious and hopefully feedback is being taken into consideration. 

Devs don't want to make choices that'll regret later. Split code needs to happen, we have two pvp game modes currently. How about you take epic and recreate chaos on it with fresh code and new mechanics that will be interesting, but you allow player skills, economy, to transfer along with it. I mean people have elaborate suggestions about this very thing as we speak. Listen to the community. 11 pages here and nothing really is getting done.

Fix actually bugs instead of developing graphical changes and nonsense like head bobbing. Below are some serious common things to see while pvp, re logging fixes it only temporarily. 

Warning don't click if you have any form of epilepsy.

https://i.gyazo.com/beb884a89d2cf994fa7e04767aa69831.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/a90004e3b5225f7418868d859fa7a66b.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/c970796f65d433a48224fb40fdc1318e.mp4

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Niki said:

Fix actually bugs instead of developing graphical changes and nonsense like head bobbing. Below are some serious common things to see while pvp, re logging fixes it only temporarily. 

Warning don't click if you have any form of epilepsy.

https://i.gyazo.com/beb884a89d2cf994fa7e04767aa69831.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/a90004e3b5225f7418868d859fa7a66b.mp4
https://i.gyazo.com/c970796f65d433a48224fb40fdc1318e.mp4

I've looked through the client bugs and can't see the thread for that, could you link it so I could get it looked at please? 

Yeah, Wurm Online hasn't aged well at all.

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I've looked through the client bugs and can't see the thread for that, could you link it so I could get it looked at please? 

Sindusk left so the PvP zone was forgotten, currently there is no Dev working on PvP.

14 minutes ago, Hawkinson said:

Sindusk left so the PvP zone was forgotten, currently there is no Dev working on PvP.

Aren't you bit ashamed for such rubbish?

1 minute ago, Ekcin said:

Aren't you bit ashamed for such rubbish?

xD They work on the server with the smallest population where still 3/4 players are sitting on home servers