Sign in to follow this  
Ryuuzaki

Returning player - having bad time

Hello everyone :)

I've used to play this game long time ago, though I logged out 8 years ago and never returned untill now. My 4 friends and I felt nostalgic about wurm, having only fond memories of it, so I've comvinced them to play once more. We've all decided to come back and play again.

So I logged into my old account, and lo and behold it still exists! I got spawned into gloomshade village on Elevation. And the welcome I've got was a very bad one. I've got killed right away by someone few times, though I managed to explain that I've came back after long time and we've talked things out.
Not 5 minutes later some other player killed me, and kept killing me over and over and over again. I pleaded him to stop, that I wanted to talk things out before he killed me again but my words felt on deaf ears and I kept dying to him. Was accused of being a spy and I couldn't even explain myself And since I couldn't even get to my body, let alone get back my items (nothing special really, best thing I had was 70ql chain armour) I've decided to log out and not to come back.

So thanks Deskjet for your "warm welcome" and being such a "cool dude killing a spy" and making sure I won't play again.

It's the same welcome I got from Tonygreen, Goldfishmoo, and Zarmazarmax on Wild in 2011 when I started.  Good to know nothing has changes with dumbf***s like that.

Reconsider playing again, at least give freedom a try until you can get into a kingdom that won't spawn kill you endlessly.   There really are some good people still playing Wurm.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

It's the same welcome I got from Tonygreen, Goldfishmoo, and Zarmazarmax on Wild in 2011 when I started.  Good to know nothing has changes with dumbf***s like that.

Reconsider playing again, at least give freedom a try until you can get into a kingdom that won't spawn kill you endlessly.   There really are some good people still playing Wurm.

I remember being welcomed into Kyara waay back in the Beta and getting tutored by Ketza on terraforming and digging techniques (and then slaving as a dirt drone :P ) and felt like a part of a family and a productive member of some sort of community and it made me love this game. I think that I'm still chasing that high that I couldn't get from any other game. Hell, I even started learning English just to communicate better with the townsfolk.

And now after logging in I got killed by the first 2 players I've seen without a chance to speak up. But one of them was cool in the end and it was kinda misunderstanding cause he asked me 3 times "who are you?" and I kinda thought that he was a bot. Because of the repetitve response and not answearing to my "who, me?" :D

Edited by Ryuuzaki
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Ryuuzaki said:

So thanks Deskjet for your "warm welcome" and being such a "cool dude killing a spy" and making sure I won't play again.

If you think you would enjoy playing the game without being grief killed by random players it may be best to find an Epic Portal and choose a Freedom PvE server to instantly travel to. Once there you can learn/enjoy the game free of being player killed until you decide if you want to travel to the Epic servers again through a portal on the Freedom PvE servers. I would think there might be more that interests you then pvp in the game but if not then at least you could make a post to attempt to be safely recruited to some deed on Epic. There is also Chaos too where it seems a more common procedure to recruit players to their deeds from the Freedom PvE servers, as well as it being a more active pvp server than the Epic ones.

=Ayes=

22 minutes ago, Ayes said:

If you think you would enjoy playing the game without being grief killed by random players it may be best to find an Epic Portal and choose a Freedom PvE server to instantly travel to. Once there you can learn/enjoy the game free of being player killed until you decide if you want to travel to the Epic servers again through a portal on the Freedom PvE servers. I would think there might be more that interests you then pvp in the game but if not then at least you could make a post to attempt to be safely recruited to some deed on Epic. There is also Chaos too where it seems a more common procedure to recruit players to their deeds from the Freedom PvE servers, as well as it being a more active pvp server than the Epic ones.

=Ayes=

Thing is, I wanted to do that but couldn't even move 5 meters without being killed on sight when spawning :( I don't entirely understand how portals work since the last time I played, swimming to the map border was only real travel option. I managed to get to the portal in gloomshade but couldn't even read all the options displayed before dying.

Edited by Ryuuzaki

I remember trying to explore epic once, some dumb dog (Player) killed me twice, but I managed to talk things out with him after I used my movements to not die to him.

It's really annoying, and puts a damper on player experiences. But I wouldn't bother with epic... @deskjetYou should use that if you want his attention...

Edited by Wiolo

4 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

I think you just had very bad luck.

Like always.
Biednemu zawsze wiatr w oczy i kij w d**ę :P

Edited by Ryuuzaki

8 minutes ago, Ryuuzaki said:

Like always.
Biednemu zawsze wiatr w oczy i kij w d**ę :P

zqfdkdm.png

• Like 3

Welcome back.  I hope to see you around on one of the Freedom servers! :) 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ryuuzaki said:

I don't entirely understand how portals work

Pretty easy as they will just offer the various Freedom PvE servers to choose from after you click the portal to bring up these options.

=Ayes=

as stated, would probably seriously thank deskjet for his service if i were you

he saved you copious amounts of time and regret

• Like 1

Just now, platinumteef said:

Why's that? I've tried to find something about epic after what @Oblivionnreaverwrote, but couldn't find nothing specific apart from skill curve.

1 minute ago, Ryuuzaki said:

Why's that? I've tried to find something about epic after what @Oblivionnreaverwrote, but couldn't find nothing specific apart from skill curve.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/54-epic-discussions/

go through the first 3 threads

keep in mind, a lot of it is useless salt, but some posts outline the reasons why nobody should play there

Edited by platinumteef

Elevation is probably the single worst server to join as a new player. Portal yourself over to Freedom or to one of the home servers (eg. Affliction) if you're determined to play on Epic. 

Just now, Ols said:

Elevation is probably the single worst server to join as a new player. Portal yourself over to Freedom or to one of the home servers (eg. Affliction) if you're determined to play on Epic. 

Didn't know that. I just logged into my old account and that's where I've spawned.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the kind words and tips on where to start anew :)

If you do go to Freedom then you'd have a different item set anyway, so losing your stuff on Epic wont really matter. If you want to come to Affliction you can join my deed and I can replace your tools.

Edited by Ols

If you decide to come to Freedom, I'd be more than happy to provide you with some 85-90QL Tools, 80-85QL Weapons, and some armor. (70LW/CAS, 93 PAS/91 SS) Free of charge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryuuzaki said:

Hello everyone :)

I've used to play this game long time ago, though I logged out 8 years ago and never returned untill now. My 4 friends and I felt nostalgic about wurm, having only fond memories of it, so I've comvinced them to play once more. We've all decided to come back and play again.

So I logged into my old account, and lo and behold it still exists! I got spawned into gloomshade village on Elevation. And the welcome I've got was a very bad one. I've got killed right away by someone few times, though I managed to explain that I've came back after long time and we've talked things out.
Not 5 minutes later some other player killed me, and kept killing me over and over and over again. I pleaded him to stop, that I wanted to talk things out before he killed me again but my words felt on deaf ears and I kept dying to him. Was accused of being a spy and I couldn't even explain myself And since I couldn't even get to my body, let alone get back my items (nothing special really, best thing I had was 70ql chain armour) I've decided to log out and not to come back.

Deskjet’s a fruitcake. I’ll give you an account just to kill him with. He has one of the sh*ttiest accounts on Epic for sure, and he probably plays more than anyone lmao. Get you a 40 body str account and that dude will take off running back to his deed. He did that to some other players too, and I killed him for it. He doesn’t understand, he’s a tad bit slow. SORRY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU MY MAN!

i wouldn’t suggest joining Ols either. They play right along with Deskjet.

lol that lovely combination of paranoia and desperation to feel like the bigger man, who tf would even be spying no one cares hahaha

Sorry you had that experience mate but sadly it seems to be a very common theme coming out from that place, good luck getting out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, platinumteef said:

And that’s why the game continues to die. Just IP ban this guy already.

• Like 1

Just now, Wimblonian said:

And that’s why the game continues to die. Just IP ban this guy already.

yep, the game having two separate skilling systems and one being locked to one cluster only is surely my fault

hello am i a dev

Don't take any offense from deskjet, he is just an angry child.  One time people in MR killed him on his home server so he brought an alt to our capital to drop like 5 sand and spend a couple hours swearing at us and said I had a small pee pee

• Like 5

do you have a small pee pee though?

really curious on that one...

• Like 2