Sign in to follow this  
CountZero

custom model and texutres

Hello,

I have been browsing around the forums and seen photos and videos of some awesome custom model and textures on other servers. When I searched for texture mods I couldn't really find much. I assume most servers that have made their owns are keeping them private to give their servers some uniqueness which is totally understandable.

How easy is it to create your own textures? (I assume models are harder). I am sure full on modding is beyond my skills but is adding in new texture files on the same level as writing a new mod?

Aaaaaand, if I DO create new textures - would they be client side only? with players having to do stuff to their clients in order to view them?

if you mean like the PMK mod that is just giving WU access to stuff they added in WO, the models and textures already exist in game we just aren't given access to it by default, like rift mobs.

example thread - 

pretty sure most of it is custom added - like in the first vid looks like they have added any image they like as tapestries etc

Client side only. Would need Serverpacks download on client for sure otherwise you'd get a ? bag texture most likely. I think it's serverpacks off the top of my head anyway, not into client modding.

cheers, I assume this wont be something someone with no coding skill could pick up and learn in short order?

I'm not really sure, probably for the code structure I'd look at the hitching post mod. It would have the recipe creation and methods to utilize serverpack. But yeah, gonna have to learn it, otherwise best you could do is replace your own models just for yourself by changing the textures in client.jar but would not affect anyone else on the server. I believe this is what a lot of people do when they take such screenshots. Not so much in this video, but in the ones where you see modded textures for terrain/building textures.

• Like 1