Sign in to follow this  
Anarres

Participation to Epic structures missions doesn't count for Journal

Journal items: "Help with 50 missions" and "Help with 250 missions":

We made an obelisk today on Pristine. There was a mission to make one. At the end, only the player finishing it got credit for these Journal goals, the helpers did not.

My character was at 78% done with "Help with 50 missions", and is at 78% after we finished the mission too.

Examine on the obelisk says:

Obelisk of Secrets
Ninjarubberduck: 688 (32.74631%) 
Cambriaa: 116 (5.52118%) 
Amath: 231 (10.994764%) 
Tuga: 681 (32.413136%) 
Wirano: 385 (18.324608%) 

Tuga finished it, and got credit for the Journal task. (2% added to "Help with 50 missions")

I believe it was similar about a week ago, when we made another obelisk: I participated to it and I think I didn't get Journal participation recognized. That obelisk says:

Testimonial of Valrei
Ninjarubberduck: 343 (16.32556%) 
Anarres: 34 (1.618277%) 
Phoenixus: 147 (6.9966683%) 
Amath: 521 (24.797716%) 
Tuga: 805 (38.315086%) 
Japiker: 251 (11.946692%) 

As far as I'm aware, none of the participants except the last player got credit for Journal.

Yeah

It would seem that only the one finishing the Epic building, would get any credit towards the missions in the journal.

I didnt get any percentage raise from those above mentioned sadly

much like traitor and tree missions, only the finisher gets credit, as there's only 1 thing to be done, but everyone in local gets a split of karma and sb.

Actually, here participation is inscribed into the structure. It is plainly saved, for years to come. :)  It doesn't seem okay to discard it.

yeah but the mission doesn't track that, it's essentially a "create x items mission" but there's 1 item. if you'll check your mission logs after relogging you'll see only tuga has it in his mission history, and if you weren't in local when it finished you wouldn't get sb or karma, even if you attached items. you would also get karma/sb for being in local, but not attaching anything.

I don't think it matters - necessarily -, if / how you get SB/karma, although I believe at least those who weren't at max got it indeed. The point is it shouldn't discard it for Journal, the real participation is recorded, so it can take it into account. Our expectation has been that it should.

As a matter of game design, it seems to me that it would be better if it did. After all, Journal provides a nice incentive for missions, and I'm confident that was intended. To exclude participation from other players would lead to... less participation, at least on pve. Dunno, doesn't seem desirable.