Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

Epic Portals 10c Each Use

In order to help finance the deeds on the Epic servers I say that the Epic Portals should automatically deduct 10 copper per use from the player. Then these funds would be distributed into all the deeds upkeep on that server monthly. This should certainly bring more life to Epic in terms of deed sustainability by reducing their monthly costs. If the PvE servers ever get Epic function portals this charge should apply to them as well. Fair is fair...

=Ayes=

But why finance deeds that have no players?

• Like 2

i like the thought,, i really do. Theres just one problem which would need to be thought of first and foremost.

Your literally adding a money sink to raiders. Id sit and redrain a deed daily to get my sheckles and pay for premium. 

I'm pretty sure you are a troll dude

This is the literally WORST idea I've seen on this forum ever.

• Like 7

It's a pve idea which could work well the other way. When people leave pve to go play on pvp maybe then pay for pve deeds... eh effort. Too low on the list of importance to even be noticed... like the thousands of suggestions currently sitting in a dusty part of the forums barely visited by devs

This suggestion just made my morning, thank you for this.

• Like 1

It's not difficult to finance a deed on Epic.

Add a tax to epic portals so nobody uses them anymore.

Accelerate the death of a cluster.

• Like 3

Sorry but this is the most communist idea I've seen in years...

I rather see Epic consolidate servers into one to save costs for CodeClub not the player. Honestly though i'd like to see Epic "burn" and "dracarys" if you know what I mean.

5 minutes ago, Niki said:

Sorry but this is the most communist idea I've seen in years...

I rather see Epic consolidate servers into one to save costs for CodeClub not the player. Honestly though i'd like to see Epic "burn" and "dracarys" if you know what I mean.

this is capitalist idea, comunist would be keep them all for free for everybody

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tamat said:

this is capitalist idea, comunist would be keep them all for free for everybody

Taxing the use of air under the disguise of "redistributing goods amongst population" is pretty much the textbook definition of communism though

Better idea make the fee 1s and direct all incomes to your communist leader Sklo!

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

This sounds like reviving the old mailing costs, except now you get to mail your ass to epic... that's just epic

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nekoexmachina said:

This is the literally WORST idea I've seen on this forum ever.

Do you really think so? I have to admit that it is questionable if you take it seriously but I hardly think that it is the "worst" idea ever posted on this forum. Many more come to mind from those who would be considered Trolls from the other side of the coin. Hey, maybe we should have players portraits on the Wurm coins too. Then they could become collectables!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

=ayes= 

more like

=Aye have a useless suggestion=

xd 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

except now you get to mail your ass to epic

Due to your intuitive grasp of this concept you have come up with an even better contribution to enhance this suggestion, to which I agree. That being instead of using Epic Portals players can use mailboxes instead. As there are so many mailboxes available on a readily basis Epic Portals should be eliminated which will reduce the need for products wasted upon their construction. This would eliminate their eyesores in the process and they should have 5x decay added to them both on and off deed to make the servers a more visually pleasing environment.

=Ayes=

p.s. They can mail their whole bodies and not just the part you mentioned though as that might be too smelly to travel alone.

Edited by Ayes
yes

Not to distract from these governmental ideologies but in essence the Epic servers represent freedom from oppression by the use of force if necessary, or even just for the sake of the baser instincts which tend to come to the forefront under these circumstances. In light of this I will have to retract my approval of mailboxes as a substitute for the Epic Portals since these portals are a representation of this defiance of authority to all who might tremble in fear under it's control upon the PvE servers. Therefore too these Epic Portals should be allowed to continue to operate as such currently do there, with the addition of course of the 10 copper charge per use to support the noble cause of freedom upon the sacred ground of these various Epic Isles.

As a side note to all who would scoff at my hint of support for these Epic servers, I did play there on another of my Premium accounts (undisclosed) for several months when they first opened after which I eventually departed never to return again. Why? Well that is another story for another post more appropriate to the topic and anyone who knows me knows that I am all for appropriation if it is an approximation of the effort expended.

=Ayes=

+1 if 10c is deducted from Ayes' player accounts every time someone ports and pays, until Ayes runs out of money and then ports are free to everyone.

Galatyn, Although I appreciate your generous spirit unfortunately this paying for other's services does not enforce the independent spirit upon which the Epic servers are founded and hope to prosper in the future. So even if you were to pay this 10c for everyone using these portals the crutch of dependency would still be the end result. With this said I let you come to your own conclusions as to my support.

=Ayes=

you know how children act out because they're insecure and want to get their parents attention?

I'll let you come to your own conclusion.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 1:08 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

I'll let you come to your own conclusion.

Hey! No fair copying my phrasing and pretending that you thought to apply it. That's cheating on the test! It's an F for you then.

At least Galatyn responded on topic with some creative table turning. I give him a D+ for that effort. A good example for you to emulate as some day you too may pass the test, barely.

=Ayes=