Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Amulet/Ring of <Settlementname>

At the moment, once you find a cache, you usually make a new report to find the ruin again, or regain information about that ruin.

But what if you could simply use the found token on a ring/amulet to convert it into a "Ring/Amulet of <settlement_name>" that contains all the information a small token does when examined (founder, mayor etc), and can be used to guide one back to a settlement in the same way a report can: "You interpret the map engraved on the ring/amulet and it indicates that <deed_name> is <direction_text>".  No cache is found when you arrive :P

It's nothing major, just a nice way to have a memento of a deed without lugging around a 3KG settlement token.

edit: typo fixed

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 4

I'd love this even for the fact that it's got your settlement's name on it... Wurm has always been about leaving your mark.  Even the description about the game mentions this.

This is an insanely awesome suggestion, dev's be stoopid to pass this up.  Ring of Stonehaven... Amulet of Stonehaven.   Yes, please.

+1,000,000

Edited by Nomadikhan
Cause I can

I would prefer a sort of booskshelf where people then gat a book for that settlement and can store them in the Bookshelfs for a classic library style of an archive. But it should be able to hold quite some more books than those puny Bookshelfs we currently have.

Those books then would be named: History Book of <settlement name> and contain al sorts of information one gathers about it from the archeology. 

• Like 1

I would like to find a Ring of Bell. Then you could always carry that sound around with you (me).

=Ayes=

+1 Seriously

These would be ideal gifts for the founder mayor, villagers, and anyone who was once part of the old deed.

Come to think of it, we need something similar for mayors, villagers and past members of existing deeds, including those players who have left, drifted away or logged back in somewhere after a period of absence.

If we want these players to return - they ought to find an official town sigil in their inventory when they log in, as a reminder which way to go to return home. :)

We don't all live in the past, and it would be nice if these returning players can log back in to see some graphical proof that they are still part of something current.

• Like 1

I'd at least like to see the examine on the mini tokens have the same effect as the 'find direction' on the report leading to the cache; I have over a hundred minitokens and don't remember where all of them were found on pristine.

Going to bump this one; it's been a while since it saw the light of day and as my collection of tokens has grown I'd really like an alternative XD

2023, the year of the exploration update could definitely do with showing Archae a little more love!

On 5/16/2019 at 1:29 AM, PWreset said:

I would prefer a sort of booskshelf where people then gat a book for that settlement and can store them in the Bookshelfs for a classic library style of an archive. But it should be able to hold quite some more books than those puny Bookshelfs we currently have.

Those books then would be named: History Book of <settlement name> and contain al sorts of information one gathers about it from the archeology. 

I think this idea is very interesting. While I know what you mean by the ring suggestion, Ether, I actually don't think it's enough by itself. I have always felt that the archaeology rewards, as nice as they are (for example, all the rare woods and statues are great!), should actually give some kind of memento of the deed in question. A ring, as you propose, could be such a memento, but if it's going to be just a portable token, then it's not enough of an "upgrade". Although it's definitely in the right direction.

Ideally, it would be nice to reconstruct the old deed in a minature form and display it, but that's impossible to code at this stage. So, I believe a bookshelf with books about those deeds may be a good step. Maybe a book AND a ring? Either way, I would love to see archaeology give stuff that is more relevant to the deed you are exploring, other than just woods and statues. The latter are nice, but the entire skill as it is seems like a missed opportunity.

I do like where you are heading with this though, Ether.