Sign in to follow this  
jonsnow

I've been waiting for years for...

This thread is for you to post things that were on your wish list.  I started playing ten years ago, so these are things I wished would have made it in the game by now.

1. PVE - when was the last time they implemented high level, solo PVE content? We need more creatures, more monsters, etc...

2. Foresting being -real-.  I've always wanted for an item to be made entirely of that wood type, not just "the last piece attached". I felt like this would make the foresting profession legit, as you'd now have to farm the specific wood type you need and would create a new market for lumberjacks since you would need to have whole groves of oak in order to make oak items.  In contrast the benefits of each wood type could be buffed, to give incentive?

3. Animal Taming similar to UO.  I want my animals to get stronger, develop and grow as I have them fight other creatures - just as my character improves, my animals do.  For example, If I wanted my horse to move faster... simply riding it around would gradually, very slowly... increase it's speed.  Of course not using it would also make it fat and slow so you couldn't just breed Super fast horses and call it good.  This would also force players to get out of their deeds and travel around to level up their pets.

4. I know this one's super controversial, but I've always wanted an easy to use trade system where we could order things/sell things through a menu from/to other players.  It's way too tedious to travel around especially on Xanadu.  I was thinking now that highways are a thing, maybe one of the pre-req's would be that there's a road attached to each establishment with no breaks? 

5. In addition to 4, I've always wanted items to have a chance to break, increased by the amount of damage already on the item.  I found myself having so many high quality goods, sitting around in bins that I never needed to buy any more tools/equipment and it gets to a point where there's no reason to trade with others once you've got your core set of items you end up stockpiling hordes of goods.

6. The most controversial - My favorite time in wurm was on HOTS epic.  I hated the PVP, pvp in this game is so troll.  The monster count on HOTS, on such a small island was amazing though I remember having to hide when 13, seriously 13 gators were outside my door...  I've always wanted a freedom server that had insane monster/animal counts that made building almost impossible requiring you to go with a group of friends.  No guards allowed on this island, and decay speed is super high to discourage building.  A hunting server, basically.

7. Unique stats from original source.  For example, I go hunting and kill a deer.  I get deer leather, not just plain leather.  Making things from deer leather would be different than using gator leather for example.  Same could go for meat, obviously the qualities of food would be different if you used chicken, deer, or gator.  Dwarf fortress does a good example of this where the value of items differ depending on the original source.

Anyway, I want to hear your dream changes that would make Wurm amazing!

Edited by jonsnow
  • Like 4

i got only 1 wish.... start advertise wurm online like a pro

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sila said:

i got only 1 wish.... start advertise wurm online like a pro

I seldom agree to Sila, but +1

I've been waiting years and years across multiple games to find a community that won't whine and would just enjoy what's good about a given game.

Seriously, sometimes reading the forum is so annoying.

• Like 3

a bonfire right click option to burn crap lyin around unused off deed by time limit . we need more creatures and a  few more dangers in areas . the red help button for calling guards . waves on bow of boat  . red light on mast of boat . a rowboat that resets in every newbee town for them to look around not just die .30 seconds tv advertisements start in aust as u work in euros itl be cheap . cheaper prices it will work   . faster winds .big storms more lightning  .a end demon elephant at rift and different new demons added . a pirate settlement   . up grade shoulder pads to just armour rated . improve necklaces ,rings to hold the clearly marked magics no verses . fix dogs refer everything we have talked about in forums  .birds on trees not flyin high up .more dolphins whales octopus better looking fish .  monkeys .full length mirror . these are ideas because I care .

I don't think I have ever really "waited" for anything to come into the game, nor do I have a "wish list". When new additions come into the game I just either enjoy what they offer, am so-so about them or indifferent and don't pay much attention to them. The only time I really am waiting for something new is when there is news on the forums that some things will be added soon. Even in that case I am not much interested in knowing about what is to be added since that creates an anticipation of "waiting", which I don't particularly like to do.

No news is good news. That's my motto! Is ignorance an excuse then? Maybe. I don't know. See?!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nekoexmachina said:

I've been waiting years and years across multiple games to find a community that won't whine and would just enjoy what's good about a given game.

Seriously, sometimes reading the forum is so annoying.

You mistake criticism in not wanting the game to die and fade away for "whining".  An mmo requires players, especially for pvp.  You may be content with playing on a server that has a monthly average of 6 players, while I, and obviously many others, look at the total pop right now and see 255 players on every server combined and think "this isn't right, please do something".  You may be content with players not having a voice and just shutting up and watch the total premiums drop every week while we just play blind and look for things good, but as evident by the prems disappearing every week, the majority does not feel the same.  If we are here speaking, that means we haven't decided to leave yet, should we just ignore the glaring issues until we decide to?

• Like 16

Let's keep this on track!  This isn't about whining, or drawing in new players.  This was some guilty pleasure you wish would have been implemented.  Something that maybe you're ashamed/shy/feeling silly about wanting.  Something that if you suggested it in the forums would probably get you hate mail.  Like adding different frostings for cupcakes!

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 7:38 AM, MrGARY said:

You mistake criticism in not wanting the game to die and fade away for "whining".  An mmo requires players, especially for pvp.  You may be content with playing on a server that has a monthly average of 6 players, while I, and obviously many others, look at the total pop right now and see 255 players on every server combined and think "this isn't right, please do something".  You may be content with players not having a voice and just shutting up and watch the total premiums drop every week while we just play blind and look for things good, but as evident by the prems disappearing every week, the majority does not feel the same.  If we are here speaking, that means we haven't decided to leave yet, should we just ignore the glaring issues until we decide to?

Pls chill, 

What I've meant is that every single mmo out there which has at least some players has a group of high profile players who claim the game is dead. Even wow has it lol.

I just don't think that the mentality of threads with "game is dead" is any use to anybody, that's it. 

Sure, game ain't in best state possible, sure, something needs to be done. Repeating that it's diseased with low population doesn't help things, quite the opposite. 

Btw, not sure wym about players not having a voice. 

--------------------

On the topic, I have a long desire to see handheld crossbows in wurm. Don't think such idea would be any way popular though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonsnow said:

Something that if you suggested it in the forums would probably get you hate mail.

Add a new skill that lets you create buildings like lumber mills or stone works that auto produce a small amount of materials (such as planks and bricks). The higher the skill, the better quality mills and works that can be created. Add a few new elaborate wall types (and other things perhaps) that will take extra materials to balance out the additional production. This will stimulate the economy, add a new industry and skill, and give players new things to put on their deeds.

4 hours ago, nekoexmachina said:

Pls chill, 

What I've meant is that every single mmo out there which has at least some players has a group of high profile players who claim the game is dead. Even wow has it lol.

I just don't think that the mentality of threads with "game is dead" is any use to anybody, that's it. 

Sure, game ain't in best state possible, sure, something needs to be done. Repeating that it's diseased with low population doesn't help things, quite the opposite. 

Btw, not sure wym about players not having a voice. 

--------------------

On the topic, I have a long desire to see handheld crossbows in wurm. Don't think such idea would be any way popular though.

Nothing wrong with saying the truth. I'm tired of you spouting nonsense trying to make it look like its our fault the game's at 5% its peak population. Get a clue dude.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Nothing wrong with saying the truth. I'm tired of you spouting nonsense trying to make it look like its our fault the game's at 5% its peak population. Get a clue dude.

Instead of that clueless ranting, hating, and whining it would be rather of interest to analyze where the numbers at peak came from, and where the loss of population stems from, aside from that the assertion that population ever were 2000% above the recent is simply pathetic and idiotic if not just innumeracy: /who shows me about 250 players playing at a time in Wurm, some 50 to 100 more to be expected at peak time  over weekend, and around 500+ in the Xmas-newyear times. If there ever would have been 20 times more players it would mean 5k to 10k players online (not just accounts) at a time, and up to 50k accounts subbed. No statistics known to me corroborates that.

It does not mean that decreasing participation does not deserve attention. First of all, as MrGary correctly stated, it is PvP playerhood in particular that has left the game. Yet in fact, PvP players, even civilized ones other than the previous poster, are an elusive and demanding crowd, and it is hard to keep them in a maturing game. It would help a lot to more rationally analyze the reasons for leaving and high churn rates, and make more convincing proposals to stem and turn the tide.

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

Good, get even more tired. May be you'll leave the forum and stop posting harmful posts, then.

I want to play a crafter.  I want to also play a priest.  I want them to own a shared deed.  I want this for less than $25 USD a month.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Eyesgood said:

I want to play a crafter.  I want to also play a priest.  I want them to own a shared deed.  I want this for less than $25 USD a month.

Hm, crafter and priest at the same time won't work, but a crafter and a priest character does.

One must be mayor, the other citizen, otherwise they ofc may share a deed.

12 mths prem cost $89.39 USD per year, 2x89.39/12 = $14.90 USD per month. A deed with $10 USD upkeep is a damn large one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Hm, crafter and priest at the same time won't work.....

The bulk of the WU community begs to differ on this one.  Even on WU, the channeling grind is bad enough that you get very few commercial casters so the market is there.  Difference is you can collapse your own mine tiles, wild growth your own sprouts, get your personal Vynora sleep bonus machine without having to make someone go halfway across the server for a 20c favor burn.

If anything, we need more crafting spells =P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Hm, crafter and priest at the same time won't work, but a crafter and a priest character does.

One must be mayor, the other citizen, otherwise they ofc may share a deed.

12 mths prem cost $89.39 USD per year, 2x89.39/12 = $14.90 USD per month. A deed with $10 USD upkeep is a damn large one.

Of course, I was referring to two different characters that can very much play at the same time.  But you calculated my assumptions perfectly.  Yes, I want a deed that size.  Most other MMOs give you multiple characters per account.  This goes along with what I have been saying for many years now.  They finally got the price of deed founding and upkeep very reasonable.  They need to do the same thing with the cost of characters.  Until the cost of playing WO gets more in line with other MMOs, I will keep spending my money on Wurm Unlimited.  It's that simple for me.

6 hours ago, Ekcin said:

First of all, as MrGary correctly stated, it is PvP playerhood in particular that has left the game

I never said that, I said pvp needs players to function more than pve needs players to function.  People as a whole are leaving the game as evident by the steady decline of 20-40 prems a week, pvp just feels it more because they naturally had less players to begin with.  Though seeing as the pvp population hasn't been really changing as it can't get much lower, the steady prem drop is either pvp players that were premming without logging in (doubtful), or it's pve players leaving the game.  Right now, it seems that I've been waiting years for devs to do something about both pvp and pve players leaving the game.  We've been at a decline from 6300~ in the start of 2015 and we are currently 2148, so it's not even exaggeration or clueless.

• Like 1