Participation in ritual mission not registering

Mission on Exo:

Name: Everyone: Libila's shining enigma of humility
Creator: System
Started: 11/05/19 01:41
Progress: 48.058823%
Expires: 18/05/19 01:41

Difficulty: 7 / 7
Description: Libila commands 17 of you to perform the Ritual of fog at the Winters Challenge using a blue common wool hat. It is located in the south regions.
Rewards: 30m sleep bonus for each participant upon completion of this mission as well as 3500 karma split between participants with 315m extra sleep bonus split between nearby players upon completion (30m max each)

[10:57:07] You start to perform the Ritual of fog.

[10:57:42] Your ritual is complete.

Mission progress did not change, and I didn't get any notice of my contribution. I did get the weird music, but no epic helper pop up.

I tried on horse, off horse, with a different blue common wool hat, standing on a different tile, just incase, but no joy.

Thanks, I've noticed that myself, but did think it was due to the fact the ending sb was given out to only people in the vicinity at completion. 

Added a bug to clarify and fix if necessary 

this is not how these normally work nowadays, no. Ending sb is not the issue here (though may prove to also be bugged, I dunno). 

Also, if it only registers someone's participation once all 17 participants are done, how is it tracking at 48% complete both before and after I did the dance? I did the ritual, but the mission did not progress.

ETA: Mission now at 54%, but whether that's from me or someone else, I do not know. My own mission progress bars still don't show I did anything.

Edited by Grumpled
extra info that didn't merit another post?

Happened for a mission on celebration before. did not show that i helped, but once mission was over it popped up in journal, and sb/credit for journal was obtained.

thanks for input. Sadly on this occasion I subsequently both left the server after my attempts and posting here (so wouldn't have got credit anyway) and ended up not able to log in for ages so hit max sb. I don't make a habit of recording my karma both before and after every mission related activity, would waste half my time doing so, and nor was I keeping track of journal goal progress. Guess I will do so in future.

Basically i personally cannot tell whether I would have received credit or not, but can say for certain something was bugged and not working as it should.