Sign in to follow this  
Wargasm

Stealing (permissions issue)

So I built a 2x2 house, off deed.  My alt, who has full manage rights on the house, is unable to eat a meal that I placed in a barrel inside said house.  

I picked up the barrel (to fill it with water) and dropped it on the ground, still nothing.  The only way to circumvent this, that I know of, is to form a team with my alt so that he can eat.

I shouldn't have to.  Even allowing the entire kingdom of freedom isles to pick up items in the house, he still cannot eat the meal without forming a team.

Seems like I should be able to do ANYTHING in a house that someone else gave me FULL permissions to.  And for those wondering, no the "deny all" box is not checked.

• Like 2

Agreed, it's the blasted proximity protection which has nothing to do with actual permissions and I quite frankly have never seen it be anything but a complete hassle. If we can't just get rid of it, a way to opt out of it or a special drop/unload action that doesn't apply this crap would be welcome.

2 things that can be done as well 1 walk away from the object or 2 have the alt on the friends list 

But ya the mechanic is nice to stop people from "stealing" things people drop near them but it should not overwrite house permissions or wagon/cart/boat permissions like it currently does

• Like 1