Sign in to follow this  
PWreset

Real net fishing pls

Rename fishing net to Scoop net

Let us get a real fishing nets from hemp or cotton made fishing net ropes.

Let us use them for fishing surface fish on special fish tiles at the "top" fishes of seas and shores on lakes.

Should grant a much better weight yield than the Scoop net to act as a better version than the scoop net.

Gives a bit more use for the lurker in the deep spell.

• Like 2

I would like nets to be set on a tile and then leave them for a Wurm day to fill and then you go out and collect it, repair it's damage from use, and reset it again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, armyskin said:

I would like nets to be set on a tile and then leave them for a Wurm day to fill and then you go out and collect it, repair it's damage from use, and reset it again.

This. We could use net traps for this which are currently useless, you plant it on water tile and after some time it has chance to generate fish depending on ql. Also for other traps, imagine if you could set them up in forest and catch some small critters like rabbits, squirrel or ducks for slow and steady meat suply for new players that are not ready to hunt yet..

Wurm has so much potential in aspect that mostly bloomed with bee hives and stills and that is set up and wait to harvest benefits, i think it's quite interesting aspect that wurm should be going towards as alternative for people who don't like constant and active grinding...

• Like 1

yes fish traps could also be a thing. But I do not know how this would work with fishing skill. Technically there is no skill involved since it is a passive action every derp could do it. And fishing tools so far do not utilise fishing skill in their creation and improvement. On the other hand, maybe it would be cool, if fish traps, Scoop net and fishing nets then utilise fishing to create and improve. Given smithing is divided into so many subskills I see no reason why these should not be in a different skill, since fishing nets were usually made by the fishers and Harbour workers not by clothiers. And then this way the fishing skill influences the traps ql and therefore catch ratios based on it's ql.

The game could even add different traps for various kind of fishes/sizes

https://survivalskills.guide/best-primitive-survival-fish-traps-how-to/

I like minnow traps for example, because they are so easy to make they are the most easiest way to get fish than even the scoop net or spear fishing methods. And the "skill" involved is extremely low. there are tons of videos out there here people just dig a hole, at the edge of some water body, throw in some bait and crabs and fish get in and be trapped.

Tbh. I do not really like the fishing rod at all, the way it works is really very much like fishing as a hobby than serious ways to get fish for food.

Edited by PWreset
  • Like 1