Sign in to follow this  
Maiya

Suggestion for FSB Container Unit & FSB Rack .

Retrograde Posted September 8, 2017 in Valrei International. 035

Bulk Container Unit
The bulk container unit is the next level in bsb technology (I did want to name it the bsb 2000).

This unit not only has the capacity of 4 bsbs, but also has them as shelves inside, meaning you can store and sort based on any attribute you desire.
This functionality does come at a price though, not only does it take 4 finished bulk storage bins to build, it also requires a minimum of 50 fine carpentry.

It's also quite difficult to build, so get those parts high quality before you try!

Rack for empty bsb
The rack for empty bsb's also comes in with this update. With all the new racks and containers, many bsb's are left lying around, unfilled and unloved.

We can't help much with the unloved, but we can provide a save place to store them without cluttering up the place (and also improving performance by not having to render them all!).

The rack for empty bsbs' is easier to make than its bulk container unit partner, and will happily hold up to 30 bsbs until you need to use them.

Additions and changes
A new rack can be crafted for the storage of empty Bulk Storage Bins.
This rack can hold 30 empty bulk storage bins.
A new storage unit can be crafted which contains 4 bulk storage  bins inside which can be filled.
These units will require 50 fine carpentry to build.

But but but

Im still waiting for the Food Container Unit & Rack for empty fsb, why havnt we got that yet???

And many other wait for this too.
Have we lost the maker of Bulk Container Unit & Rack for empty bsb?

(I have no idea how the maker is, retros post didnt say)
Or he just got busy with other stuff?
I know you all are busy with making Wurm great for us all, for us that still is left here  ?

and making those Food Container Unit and Rack for empty fsb would help make wurm alot more beutiful for us all ?

Please devs cant you please take the time and help us get those Food Container Unit & Rack for empty fsb too???

Waiting patiently ?

Maiya

Edited by Maiya
Name change
  • Like 6

I really hope someone will answer this. I am quite curious of there are any plans for this, it would be logical that there are.

Also on the side note Bulk Container Unit should have atleast 2 more bsb shelves to justify it's model size, effort put into making it and immobility penalty that bsb doesn't have with runed wagons

• Like 1

This is such a obvious, yet brilliant idea that I've got to wonder why this hasn't been implemented yet.

• Like 2

I too would like to have at least the rack for empty food storage bins as I have a fair number of those around the deed empty just taking up space otherwise better used.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I have no idea how you'd design a rack for empty FSB's

Fairly sure this is meant to be a suggestion thread tho

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I'll be honest, I have no idea how you'd design a rack for empty FSB's

Fairly sure this is meant to be a suggestion thread tho

Simple. remove fsb legs and put them on 2 shelfs like on bsb unit. Will be big structure but thats how it is

• Like 2

I dont think there were ever plans to have an empty food storage container rack, there's less laying around than bsbs. 

That said, a suggestion doesnt hurt 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I dont think there were ever plans to have an empty food storage container rack, there's less laying around than bsbs. 

That is sad, but when it shows player want this future it seems there should be plans for it :)

And not only for empty food storage container also for the food container unit.

Im not the first person that made a post for it.

It might be most players dont use fsb as much as bsb, but I store my stuff in different ql, so atleast 10 fsb is used for my own use. (Ql 10 -100)

Then since I sell veggies in bulk, I store those each type of crops in its own fsb or bsb, so you can count easy I use many :)

Other player might use it difrent. But Im sure since other asked before too, we that use them, have use for them.

Im sure there is lots of stuff devs made for us, that aint used by many players, but we still have that ingame .

So please ones again:

22 hours ago, Maiya said:

I know you all are busy with making Wurm great for us all, for us that still is left here  ?

and making those Food Container Unit and Rack for empty fsb would help make wurm alot more beutiful for us all ?

Please devs cant you please take the time and help us get those Food Container Unit & Rack for empty fsb too???

Waiting patiently ?

Maiya

43 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Ok lets move this to suggestion thread then, and hope that it will help us to get this made.

And not only bury it in suggestions ?

Waiting patiently for 1 year 8 months sofar   ?

Maiya

• Like 2

there are features players have waited 8 years or more for.. goodluck

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Drastox said:

there are features players have waited 8 years or more for.. goodluck

I know, and TY ?

But hopefully we wont wait so long for this. Cant be that hard to put this ingame since its nearly same as the  bsb containers. 

It figures @Maiyawould be the one to champion this cause! How big is your stash by now?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Somehow this made me think the priority was not ever the convenience for the players but to lessen the burden of data on the servers.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

It figures @Maiyawould be the one to champion this cause! How big is your stash by now?

I use alot of fsb and bsb but im sure I'm not the one using most.

But we would all befit from this ....even devs,  if they made bsb rack and bsb container units to lessen the burden on the servers, this will help even more then :)

I dont sort my stuff as much as Alyeska 

On 9/24/2017 at 7:14 PM, Alyeska said:

The new bulk storage units are amazing. I would like to go a step further and add food storage bin units.

Reveal hidden contents

AQfJKCF.jpg

I love the new cooking system, how in depth it is, and how many various ingredients there are, but sometimes it gets overwhelming. I personally have separated different types of ingredients into different food bins to aid in finding ingredients quickly and easily. This fish in one bin, meat in another, herbs, veggies, or even a bin for fruits and nuts. Downside is that food storage bins are massive, and having this many means having a lot of space dedicated to these food bins. Being able to place four of them into one unit would help immensely.

10 hours ago, armyskin said:

I need a rack for my BCUs

I have no idea what BCUs is, enlight me please ?

27 minutes ago, Maiya said:

I have no idea what BCUs is, enlight me please ?

Bulk container unit :)

Also might wanna change title of you suggestion  to be clear what is it about now that is moved to suggestions :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

Bulk container unit :)

Also might wanna change title of you suggestion  to be clear what is it about now that is moved to suggestions :)

we got for bsb if that is what you mean.

but it had been great to put both fsbstuff and bsbstuff in same contaier insted of haveing 2 kinds container. 

ty ...forgot about change name now when it been moved will do that :)

2 hours ago, Maiya said:

we got for bsb if that is what you mean.

but it had been great to put both fsbstuff and bsbstuff in same contaier insted of haveing 2 kinds container. 

ty ...forgot about change name now when it been moved will do that :)

Nah it's not rack for empty ones, bcu is large container unit made by 4 bsbs, I think that's what he meant with bcu :)

would definetly love both rack for empty fsbs and large container unit for food that would have 4(preferably more shelves for sorting food by ql)

• Like 1

A rack to store bulk storage bins.

No. I want a rack for the BSUs 

I too, like to keep a large stock of FSB's and give one away free with each order, so I currently accept empty FSB's as swaps for goods in my store.  At the moment I have to limit the swaps to 10 FSB's per person as I just can't store them all.

If I had racks for them I think I could accept a few more per swap. :) 

• Like 2