Sign in to follow this  
Shyruban

Newspring to Lormere road shortcut

Hi..

The shortcut between Newspring and Lormere is finally 100% completed, saving just about 5,000 tiles of highway travel and cutting wagoner deliveries both in time and distance by approximately half.

The discussion about the need for this shortcut started around 1.5 year ago after the Newspring to mainland bridges were completed.

I'm not the only one who thought this was an obvious must have.

It took 6 weeks to complete thanx to the tremendous amount of help I received from many players, shaving off at least 3 weeks of work.

The whole thing is 669 tiles in length including 300 x 2 tiles of regular road, 5 bridges and 4 deep piers totaling 162 x 2 tiles and 207 x 2 tiles of tunnel. There's also 2 other bridges built to bypass a deep valley

as well as medium size peat expense.

I want to say a huge thank you to those who have helped make this project become reality in such a short time, if I have forgotten someone, please don't be shy and remind me, I'm not known for having the best of memory.

Nacciwa, Baloo, Popy, Vorash, Spirit, Queenie, Hummditty, Aroma, Gravitar and Bipolarbear. without all of you I'd still be at it for 3 to 4 weeks still.

I've only included the name of the main characters of the players who contributed but most also had their alts pitching in.

There is most possibly some who remained silent and helped in the background in some ways.

Here are some screenshots of parts of the road, they are all taken at night but I plan on going back to take a few day ones as well.

I plan on having a draw for a few rare items from those who helped with the project.

mSEwtKX.jpg

rGenoHU.jpg

7MG4At4.jpg

6cRVNhE.jpg

jsmRBXz.jpg

lM4podE.jpg

LaDiM9K.jpg

b2FSI43.jpg

Edited by Shyruban
fixing errors
  • Like 10

Looks awesome my friend another project completed. This one was a boon to the whole southern half of Xanadu Thanks again for taking it on.

• Like 1

This is simply gorgeous, great work to everyone that was involved, astounding to see everyone still able to come together! ♥

Well done to all involved, especially the Trojan worker, Slowmo !

Hey! Im mayor at valley hold and wanna connect to highway. Any ideas?

On 5/16/2019 at 7:30 AM, wyverntv said:

Hey! Im mayor at valley hold and wanna connect to highway. Any ideas?

ok i found you on map, it';s either u make a wonky shore road or a tunnel.

sKEWulg.jpg

Edited by Shyruban
errors