Sign in to follow this  
Seriphina

Rune to change metal type

I've gotten some really great items from archaeology. Items that would be amazing and wonderful and terrific, if only they weren't made from a useless metal. I'm looking at you supreme zinc carving knife.

I'd like to suggest two new runes.

one time use, similar to the color rune, that rolls a new metal randomly (will it be gold? electrum? steel? It's a surprise!)

for a slightly higher investment of material, a rune that changes the item to iron (all iron, all of the time)

Thank you for your time.

• Like 2

I would very much like to have such rune ingame but it would be too overpowered if made by ordinary metals, even if made with aloys. It would have to be moonmetal rune imo and to have random effect without knowing outcome...

As long as it couldnt roll into any moon metals.

As long as it doesnt roll on to moonmetals or it uses moonmetal to make it. or both.

maybe it could only roll in same metal types that we have in archeology now: so metal to random metal, alloy to random alloy, and moonmetal to random moonmetal.Then i wouldn't be game-breaking. And as use it can be electrum rune since we still have lots of free uses there.

• Like 2

Jesus christ a huge +1 to this, especially after the weapon changes based on metal type.

• Like 1

Sounds like it would be better as a mag spell (maybe giving fo priests one to change wood material....)

On 5/11/2019 at 3:58 AM, cybaru said:

maybe it could only roll in same metal types that we have in archeology now: so metal to random metal, alloy to random alloy, and moonmetal to random moonmetal.Then i wouldn't be game-breaking. And as use it can be electrum rune since we still have lots of free uses there.

This makes good sense. Good suggestion.

19 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Sounds like it would be better as a mag spell (maybe giving fo priests one to change wood material....)

Not everything is about priests, and priests are not wizards. If this would be priest only I'd expect the priest would have to give up their ability to continue and any other benefit that they gained in the priest update, you know, for balance.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 9:58 AM, cybaru said:

Makes sense +1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seriphina said:

Not everything is about priests, and priests are not wizards.

We kind of are, at least in wurm lore (matters of transmutation definitely fall under priest magic, strongwall giving a solid case).

The point of contention here is that every utility you give to runes is an equally viable one to give to priests.  Crafters see new spells as content they are gated from, priests see new runes as content they are gated from.

This may be +1able if you gave the randomised material as a spell for priests (since magic on wurm is nothing but random) and the fixed material rune to runecrafters.  Make it a mag unique spell, just to further buff mag.

Make it an item on the gift shop if not a rune, but if you're spending real £$, make sure you can choose the metal.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 4:58 AM, cybaru said:

so, buy cheap seryl and get adam or glimmer for nearly free...
yes, my seryll would sell finally!

thats unfair to get useless rares from archaeology, but this idea just remove already barely seen specialty from silver/steel rares, not even saying about supreme ones, bc it will be mostly used to turn old weapons and tools which you have made from iron, not got from arch. Better to remove random metal from arch then. Or make this runes really expensive.

Also, other metals not that bad to say rare got useless. so i taking back that "to get useless rares from archaeology"

Edited by Pankivtanke