Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Other options to get kindling as priest

Random teleport far away on priest and was about to cook up a meal in the forest, but then realized I can't get a kindling or wood scrap to start a fire since I'm a priest at 100 faith that can't cut down trees in the area.  Not about to go unfaithful and lose that 100 faith.

How am I supposed to cook out here as a priest?  Can you add option to scrape 1 piece of kindling per tree or some other option?  Or maybe it already exists?

Edited by nicedreams

I feel your pain. I have a Nahjo priest. So the only way I've been able to do rat on a stick is to find two branchs. Make kindling from one and use the other for a skewer. Real life example would be a cotton ball and petroleum jelly or some other flamable greasy substance. In wurm we can make a candle from a string and fat. So why not a cotton and a fat to make kindling?

Can you make it so we can create kindling from a branch that is botinized from a tree?

[02:40:52] You start to work with the carving knife on the branch.

[02:40:55] You create a kindling.

• Like 3

Yeh branches work for kindling; but it would be nice if we could use other materials (reeds->kindling/10 grass->kindling etc)

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

[02:40:52] You start to work with the carving knife on the branch.

[02:40:55] You create a kindling.

Thanks for that info.

Usually on main character using a huge axe when I do this and use it to cut down the tree and make kindling with same huge axe and never thought about carrying a carving knife since never use one.  I always keep a pottery bowl, knife and steel/flint with me.  Guess I'll have to start carrying carving knife just on priest characters.

Be nice to be able to use any blade to create kindling like normal knife, or small, medium and huge axe on branch.

Edited by nicedreams

According to Wiki, you can use an axe, carving knife, saw. I've used a hatchet to make kindling as well.

pine resin + feathers

Feathers are already in the game, just add pine resin and give the creation a name.

or

look up pine cone fire starter and go from there for an idea.

+1 to more forms! Grass kindling would be a nice one!

they should add corn chips and make them a kindling for nahjo priest?  Seriously it is a pain to not have the ability to make kindling at a basic level. 

I wonder if we will ever be technologically advanced enough to break branches off trees?

• Like 2

just make priets be able to do soem subactions of specific skills.

Vynora totally likes pottery, yet their priest cannot dig, but pottery comes from clay.  And surprise surprise, clay needs to be digged. So Vynora priests should definately be allowed to dig up clay.

8 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

I wonder if we will ever be technologically advanced enough to break branches off trees?

No, can't even pick an apple with your hands. But they surely are magically apples because their model is red and you get green apples fro them.

Can you add option to make kindling using any sharp tool/weapon on a branch as a priest?  Please.

I have a huge axe and knife and can't make kindling out here in the middle of nowhere to make campfire.

Edited by nicedreams

Maybe a new priest spell for every priest that allows to get fire going. That would be cool.

Maybe same requirements as light token spell. 

Edited by Themystrix