Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Dig strange bones from tar

Tar is great at preserving fossils, it's a travesty that we can't dig strange bones out of tar, please fix

• Like 6

Can we make surface mining equal in this regard aswell already? At least for gems...

• Like 3

You make a good point here, factually, but actually Strange Bones should come from *digging* in any type of ground (yeah the others too). So almost a *Like* here because you left those out.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

i dunno i was just watching a documentary on tar pits, if other terrain is good at preserving fossils then yes for rare bones there too

peat bogs can preserve skin hair and organs so it'd be pretty funny to dig up a butcherable body from one

• Like 1

Occasionally digging butcherable products with some cooking modifier from peat would be an interesting addition, lol

I get that it's not there because it's more "abusable" but what does gary say to that, he says make the game more fun for everyone else.  Not like rare bones are effectively rare anymore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

I get that it's not there because it's more "abusable" but what does gary say to that, he says make the game more fun for everyone else.  Not like rare bones are effectively rare anymore

Please talk in third person from now on

• Like 3

Don't you get enough bones from hoarding all the uniques?

• Like 1

+1

I think we should also have a chance to find rare bones with advanced Archaeology, perhaps when doing arch near rocky ground especially using a shovel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Don't you get enough bones from hoarding all the uniques?

imagine -1'ing ideas on personal grudges, how depressing

go outside/offdeed mr jk man

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Tar is great at preserving fossils, it's a travesty that we can't dig strange bones out of tar, please fix

Smart woman with big smart brains. Big +1 From me!

I mean, it'd only be possible when you lower the dirt layer

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

I mean, it'd only be possible when you lower the dirt layer

So a question for you.  Does standing there leveling a tile for 10 minutes give chance for bone just like digging since it's modifying the dirt level?  This is a question that always comes up.  I'll stop leveling and only dig if this is the case.

3 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

So a question for you.  Does standing there leveling a tile for 10 minutes give chance for bone just like digging since it's modifying the dirt level?  This is a question that always comes up.  I'll stop leveling and only dig if this is the case.

1/100 chance on rare+ whatever, bone matches rarity of the dug item

Has to lower slope

Have to be premium

I don't believe leveling or flattening give rare dirt at all so only digging and digging to pile should be able to afaik

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

I think we should be able to tame a dog and command it to find the bone, would save a lot of time. ;) 

• Like 1

+1

It's a rare event, it only happens on terrain lower.  It's going to be so rare as to be insignificant.  But, it'll be a really nice surprise if it does happen, changing a dull chore into an exciting moment.

• Like 1

Just curious what we'll all do with 20-50-100 rare bones that are worthless and wont be more useful than kindling in the end.. once ppl start spamming woa shovels on this 24/7.

Only one way to see how that situation unfolds.

• Like 1

100 rare moments would be 200 hours of digging non-stop on average. if you're hitting fatigue doing absolutely nothing but digging that's one per 25 days of fatigue, or 60 copper per day worth of rare bones on average

you could spam rares and have about 92 rare tools and 8 supreme tools on average in 200 hours of non stop spamming per account, or you could have a rare bone per account, hmm i think i know which one i'd spam the bone ofc

you couldn't even do a rare bone as fast as the tools because the tool spamming isn't limited by fatigue as you only craft 1 every 30 seconds

woa shovel would be horrible for it anyway you'd want a 1ql shovel for maximum timers to not get RSI, do you even know how rares work lmfao

15 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Just curious what we'll all do with 20-50-100 rare bones that are worthless and wont be more useful than kindling in the end.. once ppl start spamming woa shovels on this 24/7.

Only one way to see how that situation unfolds.

You always exaggerate these scenarios to no end and reason.

Here's a suggestion what to do with the bones: Create rares, that's what they're meant for.

In last year, I dug out like 500000 of dirt. In my whole wurm playtime, it would be 1000000 probably.

Where are my strange bones I ask.

Just saying this will be cheesed and wont be that rare and special anymore.

Also allows you to turn rare/supreme ANYTHING finished which you can carry.

do you think people will actually sit down and dig tar for hundreds of hours for a single rare bone when they could very simply just sit down for an hour or two spamming tool heads and get a rare, or do literally anything else in the game that makes silver and just buy a rare bone for 10s or w/e they go for now because they havent been special in a very long time

muh markets > actual fun things that make you happy ingame

• Like 3