Recommended Posts

AU36zYm.png

Greetings Wurmians!

We’re back with another Valrei International, going over what we’ve been up to and have planned, so strap in and call me Susie! 


Devblog updates 
After last Valrei International mentioning the changes to development, Product Manager Budda posted a devblog with the changes planned. This means that we can work in better cycles and produce monthly updates reliably. 

It also means we can work better on showing you what’s coming each month and how it fits in with long term plans. We’re in the process of gearing up for all this, so once the ball gets rolling we’ll begin looking at sharing our plans for the future.

Aside from that there will be a whole bunch of QoL updates and fixes. Our aim is to not reduce the amount pushed out each month, but package it into one larger update per month to reduce downtime and give you all more to chew on. 

 

Next update
The first update under this new cycle is planned for the 30th of May, and will continue to be on the last Thursday of each month. This month will include the distant tree visual improvements showcased in previous editions of Valrei International and on Wurm Wednesday with bloodydrongo a.k.a. Emoo as well as normal and specular mapping on player armours. 

The update will also touch on a few aspects of the journal, including crediting past legendary creatures slain, colossi built, and guard towers! This means less big building projects, lucky you.

 

Me, on cam! 
Our official Wurm Online devstreams are in the works! Our planned start date is 10pm (GMT) Saturday the 25th of May. This stream will be an introduction of all of us available (We expect the dev roster to vary depending on availability) but it will be hosted by yours truly, Retrograde! So tune in to us here

 

We're also looking at adding some sweet wurm merch via Streamlabs store, including posters of the ingame maps! It's still in a experimental phase but expect to see it soon.


HotA retirement
With the introduction of the new HotA battlecamp system, we’ll be disabling the old HotA zone shortly after the update on the 30th. We’re pleased with how the new battlecamp system has gone and feel it creates more roaming oriented play as opposed to centralised focus on the HotA zone. We’ll give more info on the time exactly so anyone who wishes to occupy the current HotA zone can fight for it!


Community Content
Independence hits 10!


It’s a day of big birthdays, with berris posting that the Independence server hits 10 years old on the 17th of June, along with Wurms 13th birthday on the 6th of June. Do we have anything planned? You’ll just have to wait and see…

 

 

That’s it for us this edition, we’ll be back on the 29th with the Valrei International before the update, but you’ll also see us live before then! 

Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Susie, let's go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The update will also touch on a few aspects of the journal, including crediting past legendary creatures slain, colossi built, and guard towers!

 

Great work, more of this sort of thing please! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fight to occupy hota.....

 

.....

 

 

Oh my sides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say the new hota works perfectly.. map is so big you can just route around your enemies when most of them are sound asleep or at work. But alright..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Party that keeps dragon on on indi....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the new HotA system and i think that disabling the old one will increase roaming even more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Davy said:

I really like the new HotA system and i think that disabling the old one will increase roaming even more!

I agree, but they seem to have their minds up that removing it is going to fix pvp. I haven't seen any dev comment on a pvp server in months. Pvp is dead as a door nail atm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Niki said:

I agree, but they seem to have their minds up that removing it is going to fix pvp. I haven't seen any dev comment on a pvp server in months. Pvp is dead as a door nail atm. 

They obviously know that and I understand their amount of work, but they should atleast give a sign of encurage they still care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davy said:

They obviously know that and I understand their amount of work, but they should atleast give a sign of encurage they still care.

They already gave us a small sign. What else do you want?

 

Small_sign.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is hoping that WU will get more updates as well, and not just one or two in a year if we are lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure these updates will bring people back!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can someone explain me how the new HOTA system will cause more PVP???????? Travel on a big elevation map with so less player sounds super boring.

Edited by Rocky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, please, please can we finally have a word if, what and when will happen to the Elevation map? It is really a game changer to know what to expect as I mentioned the reasons months earlier. With no legacy HOTA some deeds obviously could be moved to better locations than the current one. With a map reset or such the amount of work to prepare a new location will be totally a ton of effort thrown out on the window. 

Whatever decision is made the, Epic players should know it way before the legacy HOTA is disabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Please, please, please can we finally have a word if, what and when will happen to the Elevation map? It is really a game changer to know what to expect as I mentioned the reasons months earlier. With no legacy HOTA some deeds obviously could be moved to better locations than the current one. With a map reset or such the amount of work to prepare a new location will be totally a ton of effort thrown out on the window. 

Whatever decision is made the, Epic players should know it way before the legacy HOTA is disabled.

 

it took me several years to realize unfortunately, but just move on or play pve, anything else you are just wasting time with at this point

 

nice news

5 years too late, and believe it or not, but the new hota system by itself wont do anything at all

Edited by Quicktor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wurm devs could do worse than the people who wrote the storyline for season 8 of Game of Thrones right now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Wurm devs couldn't do worse than the people who wrote the storyline for season 8 of Game of Thrones right now...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Wurm devs could do worse than the people who wrote the storyline for season 8 of Game of Thrones right now...

Add starbucks to wurm and it would be saved imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Wurm devs could do worse than the people who wrote the storyline for season 8 of Game of Thrones right now...

 

maybe we as people just have to go with the flow

all these complaints about GoT season 8, will smith as the djini, the new sonic trailer, after several years of teasing carpets as capes in wurm online

 

we should just suck it all up EYYYYYY? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not just make one mega server/map that has PvE starter islands and the rest PvP? That way players are able to enjoy both play styles on the same skill set, it's done on WU servers so I know WO devs are able to do it, no more BS like they gave us 6 years ago about how it can't be done. Get the 500-800 players on one map instead of 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Why not just make one mega server/map that has PvE starter islands and the rest PvP? That way players are able to enjoy both play styles on the same skill set, it's done on WU servers so I know WO devs are able to do it, no more BS like they gave us 6 years ago about how it can't be done. Get the 500-800 players on one map instead of 12

 

Have you ever spent any time on Xanadu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, solmark said:

 

Have you ever spent any time on Xanadu?

 

I've spent a lot of time on Xanadu and was there when it released, instead of spending the resources hosting so many other servers put it all into one server for a change. FINALLY strengthen the database and server end functions to handle it like they've said they'll do time and time again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

 

I've spent a lot of time on Xanadu and was there when it released, instead of spending the resources hosting so many other servers put it all into one server for a change. FINALLY strengthen the database and server end functions to handle it like they've said they'll do time and time again. 

 

I genuinely like your idea, I just don't see any evidence that the devs will be able to make it work on many levels, I hope I'm proved wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, an MMO that's almost 13 years old unable to support 1k players on the same server is pretty sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now