Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Chopping down young trees/bushes while on the horse/vehicle

Would help maintaining area when something just starts to spread. Ability to chop them down without need for standing on the ground.

We already can butcher and bury corpses that way, so...

• Like 2

+1 to chopping down any tree while on horse or cart

• Like 1

3 hours ago, griper said:

+1 to chopping down any tree while on horse or cart

This really would help a lot when gathering trees to later chop to logs. Then just grab the tree as it starts to fall and put into cart/wagon. As the situation stands now I drag a large cart and do this. Then when it is full drag all the felled trees (18) into the empty wagon nearby, which holds 65. It would be nice as well if felled trees could fit into crates too.

=Ayes=

Weird, wogical... and lazy.. but.. +1

Hopefully... ONE DAY.... we're able to ride/drive through trees once again..... just like every damn creature speeding through slopes and trees cheating on your current limitations.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Weird, wogical... and lazy.. but.. +1

Assuming those are in young stage, you just ride and swing with hatchet, not so wogical : ).

I'm sorry, as much as it sounds like a QoL improvement, it sure bends reality. I would understand if DRIVING a cart over a young tree or bush could cause damage over time to finally make it disappear, but chopping the down from a cart is laziness at its finest. 

-1 from me

-1, not needed, and will only lead to people complaining to be able to chop down all trees from on a cart.

If you want easy mode, go play Wurm Unlimited.

I'll be ok with cutting down felled trees and hiding them in the cart/wagon.. than moving on..

On 5/9/2019 at 5:24 PM, Wargasm said:

If you want easy mode

oh oh ooooooooh boy I'm so glad we have people fighting to keep having to do one click to disembark to keep the game really hard.  If we didn't have to do that one click it would be so easy and such a different game!!!  Who needs accessible and fun to play mechanics when we can fight everything misusing the term easy mode for reasons not even said or exist.

Wait, accessibility?  Fun to play mechanics?  Making the game more graspable for potential players with very simple mechanic changes that already exist for other skills in unrealistic manners that no one has asked to remove?  +1  Add load to felled trees too while we're at it if it doesn't already so noobs that can't lift giant felled trees can still put it in their wagon without having to drop all their tools/gear and they can just chop it in wagon later.

• Like 2

I do not want to make game really easy, just small qol, that's why I suggested only chopping young trees/bushes.

If you have large area to maintain, and each day some trees/bushes happen to spawn, then you ride to it, disembark, chop it down, embark and proceed to another one. Would be just smooth to ride and chop them on the fly. Just a small improvement.

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

oh oh ooooooooh boy I'm so glad we have people fighting to keep having to do one click to disembark to keep the game really hard. 

Well, if the game is so hard, we might as well just chop a tree and make it magically appear in any vehicle within 20 tiles.  We could even play the "newbie" card, by complaining because new players can't pick up a felled tree without chopping it into logs first.

/endsarcasm

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

If we didn't have to do that one click it would be so easy and such a different game!!!  Who needs accessible and fun to play mechanics when we can fight everything misusing the term easy mode for reasons not even said or exist.

Some would argue it is 100 clicks, or a thousand, if they move their wagon closer to every 4 trees they chop down.  Simply put, they're doing it the wrong way.  No reason the game needs to be changed.

Chop down trees on foot, lead a horse behind you in case of the troll that you're too weak to kill without running away or tower guards.  Come back with a wagon and pick them up later.

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

Add load to felled trees too while we're at it if it doesn't already so noobs that can't lift giant felled trees can still put it in their wagon without having to drop all their tools/gear and they can just chop it in wagon later.

This part is a reasonable suggestion, except you'd have to have 23 body str to load the tree into the wagon.  THIS is what I define as a QoL improvement, and I would support it.

Than comes the forester's job to maintain a wood-material or fruit/nut forest... you see a shivered tree you don't want there - still have to disembark and cut it, than replant, getting off your transport to do that than back on it.. until next one in the 100-1000+ forest.

@war, it's a random ql.. it's not more different from not having to use pliers when smithing, just imagine 'how much fun' it could be to need to use it for any heated item.. and to be unable to wear the hot* armor/weapons.. having to cool them down for extra x(x) minutes.

Edited by Finnn

Just now, Finnn said:

Than comes the forester's job to maintain a wood-material or fruit/nut forest... you see a shivered tree you don't want there - still have to disembark and cut it, than replant, getting off your transport to do that than back on it.. until next one in the 100-1000+ forest.

You do know that a shriveled tree left alone recycles itself into a young tree, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

You do know that a shriveled tree left alone recycles itself into a young tree, right?

You doN'T know that it takes REALLY LONG TIME, right?

I know it does.. also have noticed that replanting is way faster to get that 1 more tile back to useful state.

Edited by Finnn
typo
  • Like 1

I kinda dislike this idea and already find butcher and bury via horse pretty wrong. if we do that sort of step, then we should also, allow farming from horse, fishing from horse, even walking while fishing (especially net and spear fishing logically make no sense to have us stand still). Why no forage or prospecting from horse?

Just where is the line and for what reason? None of these actions should be able to be done by not standing on the ground. or all. And if all, then it gets pretty weird.

Somewhat logical would maybe picking fruits from TREES, not bushes. pruning and taking sprouts form trees. But many activities done from the horse make no sense in whatever way. And QoL is not a reason here to make them acceptable, because then we would have to add a lot others tot hat list too.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:31 PM, Finnn said:

@war, it's a random ql.. it's not more different from not having to use pliers when smithing, just imagine 'how much fun' it could be to need to use it for any heated item.. and to be unable to wear the hot* armor/weapons.. having to cool them down for extra x(x) minutes.

Well it would be nice if we had a better method to prune overaged trees back to early overaged stage, similar to the way pruning of very old trees. This could give foresters more active means to avoid slipping into the shriveled phase.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 5:01 AM, PWreset said:

I kinda dislike this idea and already find butcher and bury via horse pretty wrong. if we do that sort of step, then we should also, allow farming from horse, fishing from horse, even walking while fishing (especially net and spear fishing logically make no sense to have us stand still). Why no forage or prospecting from horse?

I'm pretty sure we can harvest crops while mounted with the update that allowed harvesting trees and bushes mounted.  I dunno the new fishing system, but at least on the old one you could fish from a horse so there precedent for that there too.

This thread is heresy... learn your doctrines! 

VIII.  Lowly casuals who tend to their jobs and families are lazy for not playing Wurm at least 8 hours a day and should be penalized accordingly.

XIII.  All QoL should be nerfed to keep the lazy casuals away, and be clearly and numerically explained by the devs.

XIV:  If some people want a QoL improvement and I don't, they shouldn't be allowed to interfere with my gameplay. 

XVI:   A Faithful Wurmian cherishes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

• Like 1