Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Remove the cap on sleep bonus from missions

As title says. When you get something like a traitor mission or a cut down tree mission, having sleep bonus wasted because you didn't invite 5 friends to watch you cut down a tree is kinda dumb, and if someone's solo'd a mission by themselves no reason why they shouldn't be rewarded for spending time/resources on it, just give it diminishing returns after 30 mins or something.

• Like 4

+1

If someone actively doing missions, sooner or later all SB you get from them, goes to waste, couse you don't have time to spend it.

Maybe solution would be getting, from missions, another kind of sleep powder, that cannot be traded.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 2

sleep powder for missions should be the way the bonus is granted.  Had many corp mates that said, My bonus is at 9 hours 45 minutes I am not making a piece of junk.

+1 to OP or some soulbound sleep powder even better (wouldn't even have problem for it to be tradeable but for the sake of some people who would be against it don't wanna diverge). Would also add rewards for journal as well.

Always feels like a waste we can't do it at our leisure (something that this games lacks a lot even for other stuff)

• Like 3

+1 for mission sleep bonus overage.  Do for journal also so not picking and choosing what I want to finish depending on my sleep status.

2 hours ago, kochinac said:

some soulbound sleep powder even better

This sounds like the best way to do it because then the Devs wouldn't have to mess with exceptions being created within the sleep bonus system.

=Ayes=

This suggestion is about the bonus sleep bonus given out to participants with a cap of 30 minutes per participant, not about giving sleep powders for completing missions at full sleep bonus 

Let's .. not do this at all.

Why? 

Because the nature of wurmians to spam anything, being skill/mechanic/market item/service/etc... anything you could imagine.. which at first was valuable and eventually turns into dirt.. than goes cheaper than that..

Bringing "yellow powders"(untradeables) or stacking 30mins above limit.. only allows single units of the community which are able to do most missions to grind and profit from them leaving average players out of these events.

Why could these individuals possibly push missions and exclude others from the fun? Profit.. free sleep bonus above the limits.. if this gets in.

Such change will give these players the means and reason to push every mission asap possible.. and move the game into a more competitive kind of gameplay

-1 /just for that reason/

I'd rather see a daily random 1-3-5-10 ~small actions/goals/.. to get extra 30min sb to do your grind.. anything reasonable.. as for working adults spending 1-2hours working on such goals to get 30min sb is just wogical derp.

IMO wurm is not that competitive.. it's the reason why large part of the community is on freedom(pve) and sits in fenced off deeds where no creatures or people can bother them; on the other side.. wurmians are quite 'competitive' in their own unique 'lazy' way.. pushing random skill or goal of their own to unimaginably far distance, but that works best when it's at their own pace.
(I'm trying to say.. everybody have their own interest and wants to do something... but that's rarely the same thing, calling this 'interest' - 'lazy competitiveness' sounds a bit more fun :))

• Like 1

if someone solo's a mission before you contribute one point to it to get sleep bonus i'm sorry but that's a problem with your gameplay

even with the cap, if it's easy to solo people are still gonna spam it asap to 1. get more karma and 2. get new missions to spawn for more sleep bonus. the other day a sacc 525 large nails mission came up and it was finished in under 5 minutes because someone dumped hundreds of them into satchels or something and sacced them all at once for example. i'm not sure how removing the cap changes that, or prevents other people from contributing. when a mission is finished a new one spawns instantly and there's always 3 missions up at any given time so you can just like, contribute to them after they spawn? i'd be impressed if someone found a way to profit from untradable sleep bonus but nearly all of the missions in the game you'd be better off grinding without sleep bonus instead of doing the entire mission by yourself then grinding with the sleep bonus you get.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This suggestion is about the bonus sleep bonus given out to participants with a cap of 30 minutes per participant, not about giving sleep powders for completing missions at full sleep bonus 

Por qué no los dos?

*mexican cheering*

• Like 2

I keep saying that it should go to a redeemable window similar to referrals where it stores the sb as a redeemable option for the about you've gained, so you can just click the dot to select the mission reward of 20m or the reward of 40m or whatever in the list of sb rewards you got saved up and you get exactly that.  If that's too much data to potentially store then it can just be combined together to be one value per account with options on how much sb to select for adding to your sb bar

Imagine how much sleep bonus gary would have after all those years.  He could probably buy a house with it

On 5/10/2019 at 10:03 AM, Alexgopen said:

Imagine how much sleep bonus gary would have after all those years.  He could probably buy a house with it

Or build one from it directly. He'd have to fend off crackhead grinders trying to snort up his home on the daily though.

Also bump.