Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Stop KoS abuse and exploit through alts in PvE

40 minutes ago, madnezz said:

KOS on freedom is to keep those that bother you off your deed and perimeter, dont get it twisted while you ride your hollow high horse again.

I'm seriously not sure how one can be annoyed by somebody on freedom, could you give examples that don't need misconfigured permissions?

Also, I didn't know that spirit guards follow KoS'd people through perimeter, too.

This is but silly polemics. It is exactly not about "your deed" when the perpetrator is holding about or in excess of 11 deeds on the same server, and declares KoS even by more than one of his sockpuppets.

Why cant you accept the fact this person doesn't want you on or near their deeds?  With 11+ deeds he is a significant supporter of wurm and should be commended for it.  I firmly believe there is more to this story and the OP is not the victim.  KOS is fine as is. 

Come to think of it, I might just KOS you too on all of my deeds based on this thread, mind telling me the names of all of your characters and which server or should I KOS you on all servers?

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, madnezz said:

Come to think of it, I might just KOS you too on all of my deeds based on this thread, mind telling me the names of all of your characters and which server or should I KOS you on all servers?

This is a great example of the griefing type of personality that would use KoS on the Freedom PvE servers. Nice to see your lack of self restraint has proven my case, that being KoS on the Freedom servers should be removed. Thanks for the laugh too, heh.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

They won't attack until you get 1 tile away from deed, but will chase to perimeter. Guard towers have a tiny aggro range unless a guard is already in combat with you and they call their allies, but can easily follow you 100+ tiles if you can't outrun them on pvp servers, not sure about freedom but i'd imagine it's the same.

Tower guards are so worthless that i consider someone making a deed just to KOS someone hilarious, i mean someone paid 4s for a deed+templar and will be spending that much each month to send the equivalent of 4 black bears at someone, that's comedy gold. they can't go through walls so if you build fences surrounding the tower they can't get out, just need to keep 1 tile between tower and fences so tower doesn't demolish them. or like, make a ticket as retro suggested, but in the end, who cares, let them waste their money on a stupid grudge if they want

Iirc we used to be able to declare war between settlements on JKH, I was kinda new and never got to experience the mechanics of it but I think 'if' we allow players to use violence (KoS) as a solution on PvE then we definitely should allow violence in all it's glory. Maybe people will relax a little bit knowing that conflicts could escalate to a point where it becomes uncertain of the outcome by letting disputes be fought out by willing participants with full PvP rules of engagement.

• Like 2

I never really understood how its a problem to be kos especially since its against the rules on highways. I guess I cant fathom a pressing need to be right in someones pocket nor the issue with killing the guard and moving on with your day if you absolutely must pass through.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ayes said:

This is a great example of the griefing type of personality that would use KoS on the Freedom PvE servers. Nice to see your lack of self restraint has proven my case, that being KoS on the Freedom servers should be removed. Thanks for the laugh too, heh.

=Ayes=

sar·casm

/ˈsärˌkazəm/

noun

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

I always forget that English isn't always someone's first language, my apologies.

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I do understand, but if someone is going out of their way to give you a negative experience, please let us know.  

That apply to change the fishing system before goal time limit?

• Like 2

He said near Vrock , so that's Xanadu .

Tower guards do nothing on freedom PVE , only Templars can .

So if this person is willing to spend 3 plus silver for 3 guards to KOS you and try get you killed he needs get his head examined for waste of coin .

Templars have always been crappy even back in the days before highways .

And yes you can not KOS a person if a marked highway /cateyes  game rules .

If they person is being a jerk then send in a ticket , its about time GM's do there job and not let players quit over one person .

Had many players leave on Inde because of one bad apple many years back and who tried to get back in after being banned  ....

Well land is hard to come by on a server as small as Xanadu.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

He said near Vrock , so that's Xanadu .

Tower guards do nothing on freedom PVE , only Templars can .

So if this person is willing to spend 3 plus silver for 3 guards to KOS you and try get you killed he needs get his head examined for waste of coin .

Templars have always been crappy even back in the days before highways .

And yes you can not KOS a person if a marked highway /cateyes  game rules .

If they person is being a jerk then send in a ticket , its about time GM's do there job and not let players quit over one person .

Had many players leave on Inde because of one bad apple many years back and who tried to get back in after being banned  ....

Damascus, Tower Guards from a guard on the KoS'ing deed or in perimeter do participate in KoS attacks. They did, otherwise I wouldn't know that they do not even respect my deed and its walls and fences though the gates are locked. The templar (it is only one, the "challenger" crap alt seems not to have afforded more ;) ) did not even engage in fight, does not leave the troll deed. The tower guards even entered a house on deed (where not all doors were locked, maybe that's why). I know it positively as I had to eliminate the molesting guard and "earned" the "traitor" achievement.

And no worries, I won't leave but sustain that psycho's trolling. As to madnezz, yes, Xanadu is really not small, not even the Vrock Landing area. The more baffling is that a "player" who has not created any single mentionable thing in Wurm in years but planted and disbanded tens of deeds (cautious estimate) in breathtaking speed plants 3 to 6 deeds in immediate neighbourhood of my small deed in an obvious bid to cut off my communication ways or at least make my life uncomfortable. So far I am only observing, collecting evidence etc., and have tbh better to do in Wurm as well as in RL than compiling a comprehensive report about his misdemeanor.

But folks, please, let us stay on topic. Not only the indeed fairly overstrained and not too eager templars, but also tower guards attack if you come close to the trolling perimeter. Killing all of them is no big deal, but no fun either, and does not even give FS.

Edited by Ekcin

After having played around a bit to test the mechanics of KoS in Freedom I would like to summarize about the behaviour of the NPC around the KoS deed, more exactly the spirit templar and the tower guards.

As others already described, the templar's mechanics are simple: once on steps on the last perimeter tile before the settlement area, it will - more or less fast - move in to attack. It will stop immediately after one leaves the perimeter (not the tile triggering the alarm).

With the tower guards, it is somewhat more tricky. If any of them is in a range of 20 tiles from the templar once it moves to attack, it will take the KoS alarm like a "help" or "guards!" call of a player and join in the fight. Other than the templar, it won't stop aggro once one leaves the KoS area, but pursue over quite a distance. Around 100 tiles as Oblivionnreaver observed on PvP servers seems to be correct. Even worse, it wont respect deed borders, and is not stopped by locked gates. I am still testing the behaviour towards locked houses but the results are not fully conclusive. It seems that guards cannot fight inside houses but pass them in straight line as if they were not there (still to be confirmed).

After having lost agro, the pursueing guard stays in the area where it was last for quite a while. If outside the KoS area or >20 tiles away from the templar it will not react on deed alarms. It is therefore quite easy to trick that molestation away: 1. aggroing any hostile mob outside the KoS harrasser's deed so calling the guards there while pulling the mob bit away. The "hostile" templar will even join in the fight in your defense. Afterwards, you can safely roam the KoS area without being molested by tower guards ( which I hate to kill given the services they rendered to me when I was weaker ). Once one has cleared the area that way, one may roam the KoS deed freely, only the templar will return after a while, but is not really eager to attack :) .

All this mechanics seem wierd, dated, and slightly buggy to me.

I would like if everybody, especially madnezz, stay on topic and waive immature conduct.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

on topic -1

no pvp on freedom, if you want to pvp - there's epic, and the chaos corner.

as for op.. you have some drama nonsense going..... open a support ticket and figure that out... if you have somehow deserved to be trolled... and that stops you from submitting a ticket that's 1 thing... but even than there should be some solution that doesn't involve being surrounded by restricting deeds kos-ing you, that's griefing and probably mentioned as a no no in SEVERAL tos rules .. think about that...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Finnn said:

on topic -1

no pvp on freedom, if you want to pvp - there's epic, and the chaos corner

Thanks Finn, for the thoughtful and to the point answer.

I tend to agree that what you propose - others did before - is probably the best solution. No PvP in PvE, but then also not PvP by NPC.

I see, after this discussion three possible solutions, the best first:

- 1. What you proposed: No more KoS on Freedom at all. That half assed pseudo PvP does no good. It is no solution of conflicts, but likely to deepen and escalate them. It is no means to keep anybody off a deed, unless the initiator hires insane numbers of templars, which may be overcome though (I think, from >5 on they may constitute a problem for a single fighter).

- 2. What Timothymarker (Eobersig) proposed: Strictly 1 KoS per player and server, not 1 per every makeshift alt and its deed. The alternative choice KoS or Highway connectivity is practically nullified when every alt may declare KoS. So enforcing the restriction.

- 3. What I suggested: If localized PvP on deed level - not unlike duels on character level - is allowed, then full assed PvP, not half assed for cowards. The initiator of KoS should bear a risk too which would avoid mere trolling and molestation like in my case.

As to that case the perpetrator recently holds his feet still. As I suspect a psychic disorder in his case and consider him mostly harmless I would like to refrain from any escalation for the time being.

Edit: That said, if  no further to the point and polemic free contributions are incoming in the next 24 hours I would like the thread to be closed. Thanks to all who contributed without attempting to derail the topic.

Edited by Ekcin
Final comment and request for closure

Edited 42 minutes ago by Ekcin 
Final comment and request for closure

Thread Locked at OP request.