Sign in to follow this  
Maxthx

Wand of the Seas Severely Underperformed

ek8HAWY.jpg

The island created with my recent usage of a Wand of the Seas is drastically limited in rock layer compared to other Wand created islands.

After doing a comparison of my island to others created with Wands of the Seas, mine spawned a rock layer roughly 20% the height.

Of the six Wand spawned islands I was able to locate and observe, the rock layers varied from approximately 150 dirt to almost 250 dirt in height above the water level. With no correlation to the depth of the water they were used in. The rock layer of my island is barely 30 dirt above water level on average. Not only does this severely limit the depth to which I can create mines, but the overall number of tiles above water level is less than half of those spawned by other wands.

The dirt layer spawned is comparable to other wand islands. Both in height above rock and in radius from the Wand usage location. So only the rock layer spawned is outside of specs.

This is a high value, single use item that has failed to produce proper results on usage. When I first used the Wand of the Seas I was extremely disappointed in the lack of rock layer I received, but I did not question whether or not it was appropriate. However, upon seeing other Wand Islands it became clear that the island I received is drastically outside of the standard range this item is supposed to produce.

If I had just received a low end rock layer within the standard variation associated with this item (which is approximately ~150 dirt above water level) I would not need a bug report. However, I received a rock layer that is about 1/5 the size of the smallest observed rock height and about 1/7 the size of the average rock height.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

Sounds like bad rng, better luck next time 

Given cost and rarity of the WoS, "RNG"s misdeeds should be closer limited.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 12:21 AM, Alexgopen said:

Sounds like bad rng, better luck next time 

That's pretty ####ty to be quite honest.

I hope someone fixes the island for you Max. I can't commit to it at the moment, but if there's no official replies in a few hours I'll try and add the code here plus expected generation range min/max.

150 to 200 dirt? damn you are needy. My Island spawned at 80+ and barley any rocklayer