Sign in to follow this  
PWreset

mushroom farms

We need mushroom farms. because it would be cool.

I would like 2 kidns that both woudl fit the wurm universe.

Log Mushroom farms

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-a-mushroom-farm-in-kyoto-prefecture-japan-138664071.html

They could be made similar to charcoal piles, isntead of being burned, make them be "injected" by using a mushroom. then the pile slowly decays and slowly produces mushroom exactly like charcoal works.

Wood type could affect the kind of mushroom that grows.  Ql of the mushroom works like charcoal quality.

Undegrround mushroom farming

u-mushroom-farm-in-einem-verlassenen-ste

requires planks and dirt to create . "fuels" by wood scrap (or maybe none at all). but works similar to potted planzs. You can regular "pick" some mushroom off it. Produces much slower than the log mushroom farm and does not amass as much mushroom as the log mushroom farm (so it requires regular checking - picking- in comparison to the log mushroom farm).  QL of the mushroom gained works like the potted plants ql.

Edited by PWreset
  • Like 4

I like idea, but it still has one major problem. Mushrooms are useless currently. They aren't used for any potions, can't be used as substitue for meat in meals, really no viable reason to collect them in the wild even let alone grow them beside pure role playing which is quite unfortunate

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kochinac said:

I like idea, but it still has one major problem. Mushrooms are useless currently. They aren't used for any potions, can't be used as substitue for meat in meals, really no viable reason to collect them in the wild even let alone grow them beside pure role playing which is quite unfortunate

well yes and no.

Some food uses mushroos, currently I don't ever do these dishes, because mushroos at good ql are way too hard to find. So yes their use here is limited and getting them makes them way too painful, thats why no use usually uses them.

Also Healing covers. The black mushroom for example is a high value one, so growing that one (even if prtty weighty) but would be worth it. But again atm it is semi useless because you need to rely on luck to find one and have it good ql. 

With farmig, quantties and ql finally won't be luck rolls anymore. And with this, I am sure they will get ther uses. Especially for palyers nto wanting to constantly farm fields, a log musroom farm could be a low attention filler production for some dishes like casseroles. Also, their use in sandwiches.

I don't think I'd mind having rotting stumps/logs.. with 0 or -ish maintenance.. like flower beds(never watered one ondeed).. could even give them option to collect wurms & grub baits for fishing from the stumps.

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

Mushroom farms could be a lot of fun. Some new mushrooms to go with a mushroom farm might be cool too.