Sign in to follow this  
FrogFace

Unable to manage building, even by it's owner.

After I've given permission to my alliance to enter one of my buildings which are off deed, all of the permissions were basically denied from everyone and no one could mange or even enter the house since it was locked. When I, the owner, tried to manage the building, by either right clicking the building or by going through the building management menu which is accessed from the Character menu, the only thing that popped up was an owner changing option screen.
https://imgur.com/C7sHUs4

Even after trying to change ownership to one of my alts, I was unable to access the management menu neither was I able to get any different results and the same menu opened up. Thankfully after contacting support the issue has been resolved, although partially. Because it seems like only my account is able to access the menu, and no other account which i'll grant permission to, or even ownership can. Even if i hand ownership to my alt, my main will still be able to access the management menu and modify it although it'll no longer be the owner. While the new owner, my alt, will only be able to open up the owner changing menu.
Seems like a bug to me, may always be wrong though, you may never know ?. Feel free to contact me in game as well if you want me to show the building, name's Frogface.

Edit: I'm sorry if i over complicated the explanation, I've just tried to make it as clear as i can :D

Edited by FrogFace

I think what happened here was that after you gave permissions to alliance, you also checked the box "settlement may manage". Only the building owner can do that., and once you do, all control of the building is transferred to the deed mayor (of the deed you belong to), and those which have "manage allowed objects" on deed. You, the owner, remain with "naked ownership", if you're not the mayor or deed officials. This has been used, sometimes (I think rarely though), by mayors, when they ask their new villagers to set "settlement may manage" (so that the mayor can easily decide things on the building if the player abandons game), then the mayor sets permissions for the building owner to access the building.

For all buildings with "settlement may manage" set, only the mayor can normally clear it. The owner just have up all their rights. In other words, only the owner can set it, only the mayor can unset it.

This behavior is documented here:

For buildings, "settlement may manage" works the same as for gates.

I think it feels counter intuitive though, to leave the owner with zero access. A solution could be: when permissions are reset due to flag setting, the server should set specific manage/enter/etc for the building owner. Like for branding, when a group is added from the start, add the building owner by name.

At least, it would make sense to the owner to still have access for themselves.

Edited by Anarres
  • Like 2

I see, thank you for clearing that up, probably done that by accident. On another note I think having a warning message pop up when you're about to make such a drastic change with a building's permissions would be much appreciated.

I guessed issue is solved, thank you very much mate!