Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

windowed resizable bugs

why do so many errors occur when attempting to run clients in resizable borderless mode when using windows shortcut keys to move them into different positions

i get errors such as 90% of my menus being offscreen and not having the ability to access them without going back into full screen borderless and the menu bar at the top disappearing even though its turned on (such as in this screenshot), and only being able to see it again when resizing

here is an example

kMQOwat.jpg

Is this on the stable client or preview?

Just now, Samool said:

Is this on the stable client or preview?

preview, its like the client doesn't realize its been resized and wants the menus to remain in their original fullscreen position

Just to rule out: Using a window size program to split their larger monitors into multiple zones? Such as MaxTo?

MaxTo does have a resize issue that causes the zones to shrink and expand each time they're reloaded, causing the client to generate a new resolution file (and subsequently resetting the layout) to track the new resolution. MaxTo are aware of and are trying to resolve this issue in their software.

Looked into it, the part with the menu bar isn't a bug, different UI element positions get saved together with the UI elements state, so it loads and saves whether a UI element is visible for every separate resolution.

What I think is happening here is that you have the menu bar toggled on in the Hud settings for some of the resolutions you put your client in, and on the other ones it is off. I don't think this should be the case, will see about a better solution with the new UI, but for now you can just adjust the Hud settings for each of the window settings you use.

I can't reproduce the part with the options menu being half out of window nor does it happen with any other UI element for me. Do you have a way to get it to happen viably?

1 minute ago, Samool said:

Looked into it, the part with the menu bar isn't a bug, different UI element positions get saved together with the UI elements state, so it loads and saves whether a UI element is visible for every separate resolution.

What I think is happening here is that you have the menu bar toggled on in the Hud settings for some of the resolutions you put your client in, and on the other ones it is off. I don't think this should be the case, will see about a better solution with the new UI, but for now you can just adjust the Hud settings for each of the window settings you use.

I can't reproduce the part with the options menu being half out of window nor does it happen with any other ui element for me.

actually you're right

if i select windowed resizable, it locks the menu positions into the corresponding selected resolution, but if i choose a smaller resolution, i can still expand without even having the problem, and then go back to the smaller 1/4th of my monitor resolution with no problem

which means, even though its "windows resizeable" the ui elements still aren't resizing with the newly updated chosen resolution by resizing

whatever, its a work around tho

actually even upon selecting 640x480 my hud options and ###### are still off the screen lol

4c58292a7e53f34a6a9d62a8e007f035.jpg

theres no way to adjust them without full screening and then going back