Sign in to follow this  
gabars

Client becomes unresponsive at seemingly random times, can only be fixed by relogging.

Since last update, I've had trouble with clients becoming unresponsive at random times, ranging from right click sub-menus not appearing (i.e. right click->emotes then the next menu doesn't appear) to the game not registering any key presses, to not responding to anything except the minimize/maximize/close buttons on top.

I play with 2 toons most of the time, I'll spend a few minutes concentrating on one screen then come back and it's unresponsive.

I just realized logs get erased when the client starts, I'll try to upload it the next time it happens.

Are you on 64-bit Java? This is a common issue when using 32-bit Java on a 64-bit system.

Make sure you upload those logs when you encounter the issue again.

I only have 64-bit java installed. 

java -version
java version "1.8.0_211"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_211-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.211-b12, mixed mode)

The only thing I've been able to reproduce is when the window loses focus while I have a key down, it stays down until I press and release again while it's in focus. When you accidentally press a modifier key without noticing and click on another window it essentially prevents you from using the "bare" keybinds. I don't think that's what happened at the time though, I'm pretty sure I went through all the modifiers.

That doesn't explain the sub-menus anyway so I'll keep playing and post the logs if/when it happens again.