Sign in to follow this  
HexD

Safely Deposit Boxes

Two containers, one that only allows the owner of the container to take from it but still allows anyone to deposit and another that lets the container owner add to it but only allows the player whose name matches the items 'rename' option take from it.

• Like 1

What's the application for this, other than donation or container that acts like specific deed permissions, but.. isn't bound to deed perms.

Pretty much as you say. A box that's secure for all to use, where ever it might be needed.

I'm not convinced to vote yet, hype us more! #hypeWithApplicationIdeaQuestionmark

I could see this coming handy if I were to build an inn. Let people use some chests in their rooms that other guests can't steal from, but if they leave stuff behind I can take it out to make room in the chest and try to contact the owner.

Or at self-serve animal shops, customer can put the lock and key back in the deposit box. If they made a copy, the seller should already get a message saying they don't have all the keys to that lock when they attach it.

Might be useful at impalongs too? Sadly haven't been able to go to one ever so idk.

Why not? +1

I'm not sure about the name though, I think "safety chest" or similar would be better suited; "deposit box" implies that you can't get that stuff back (not through the deposit box anyway). Somebody with more vocabulary than me could probably come up with a better term.

• Like 2

Or just have a logoff alt that people mail stuff to

no can do.. mails rip in 2-4 weeks(items poof that way)

containers remain and let stuff decay for weeks/years

We already have both. One is default behavior when the container is in a house with permission to "enter" for everyone, or off deed: everyone can drop stuff, one can take it. The second only requires any locked container, put permissions on it, allowing only a named player full access. (or an unlocked container in someone's shed, or an unlocked container on a deed with perm to drop, etc). The means to do these are in-game.

op is for a new item and mechanic allowing you such feature to be used anywhere with an item permissions instead of writ/deed permissions mix.