DevBlog

Patch Notes 2/MAY/19 Journal bug fixes and food change

Recommended Posts

PatchNotes.png

  • Change:  Raw, foraged and low quality food will now fill the food bar more based on weight eaten.
    • Players with the newbie food buff will receive an even bigger bonus.
  • Journal Bugfix: Destroy 25 veins via mining has been fixed to include those veins which become depleted instead of destroyed (as when you mine out an ore at a cave entrance and it turns to rock instead of being destroyed.)
  • Journal Bugfix: Restore 250 items from fragments should trigger properly.
  • Journal Bugfix: Old creature skill achievements will be added to the journal for a better baseline for older accounts. Info below:
    • Upon first login after this update, the server will check all old creature slaying achievements and total their count. If the count is higher than the amount required to trigger the journal goal it will set it to that new value. This will not be an exact count of creatures slain as some creatures do not have their own individual achievement for tracking kills, but this will provide a better baseline for older accounts.

The post Patch Notes 2/MAY/19 Journal bug fixes and food change appeared first on Wurm Online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Help with 250 missions" in Destinations Unknown 10th section - Does this track the progress from "Epic Helper", "Epic Finalizer" achievements or it tracks something else?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the great update...went from 10% to 100% for slay 20000 Creatures!

 

Still sitting at 0% or unstarted for 'Destroy 25 Veins via Mining' which is a bit odd but could be true I guess.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 10:54 AM, Finnn said:

"Help with 250 missions" in Destinations Unknown 10th section - Does this track the progress from "Epic Helper", "Epic Finalizer" achievements or it tracks something else?

 

probably epic helper

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tamat said:

probably epic helper

 

Considering that i have 859 epic helpers and only 38% on 50 missions i would say something else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

mhm.. that's why we're still curious for the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and how section "winding road" counts legendary creatures?  niarja.com says i was on 13 kills.... and of course i have many in achievement window..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get Epic Helper without the mission being completed, in fact, you can get that achievement multiple times on the same mission iirc.  That would be my assumption as to why you are still showing low on your journal, I too have helped complete far more than it reflects, but all in due time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kgorski said:

and how section "winding road" counts legendary creatures?  niarja.com says i was on 13 kills.... and of course i have many in achievement window..

niarja isnt from code club.. whatever niarja tracks.. wurm ignores the evidence of.... even if some wurm server events are posted on twitter and niarja is fed with that information.. wurm apparently isnt tracking everything like that kind of events..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 4:42 AM, DevBlog said:

PatchNotes.png

  • Change:  Raw, foraged and low quality food will now fill the food bar more based on weight eaten.
    • Players with the newbie food buff will receive an even bigger bonus. 

 

 

Good news for new players, thanks!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kochinac said:

Considering that i have 859 epic helpers and only 38% on 50 missions i would say something else...

thats why i said "probably"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 4:54 PM, Finnn said:

"Help with 250 missions" in Destinations Unknown 10th section - Does this track the progress from "Epic Helper", "Epic Finalizer" achievements or it tracks something else?

 

Still curious 😕 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it is apparently a new tracker ... either it only works on completed missions (so epic helper doesn't do the job) in which you took part or something. I think i'm not the only one wishing to have those taken into account as well. Before the great cleanup i had like many others a LOTS of missions done (or failed) in that mission tab :P

 

On a curious point, i'm actually wondering what count as items and when the progression is triggered for the 5 items for every metals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Odynn said:

On a curious point, i'm actually wondering what count as items and when the progression is triggered for the 5 items for every metals.

I've completed that goal by making 5 needles of each metal I did not have already the item count in achievements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't show progress in the journal. But under achievements. It will show how many of each type of metal you have made. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2019 at 10:01 AM, Finnn said:

niarja isnt from code club.. whatever niarja tracks.. wurm ignores the evidence of.... even if some wurm server events are posted on twitter and niarja is fed with that information.. wurm apparently isnt tracking everything like that kind of events..

 

Hm, I got the following ingame achievements:

* Dragonslayer - 1

* Drakeslayer - 6

* Forest giant slayer - 2

* Troll King assisination -- 1

* One eyed snake - 1

* Goblin leadership - 1

 

 

So I have over 10 legendary creatures killed, logged by wurm itself, but not even the "Kill a legendary creature" goal has turned green (let alone the "kill 10" goal) :(

 

Edit: I do hope it doesnt require you to land the killing blow to make the journal goal achieved... that would be crazy even for wurm standards ;)

Edited by Lycanthropic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:

 

Hm, I got the following ingame achievements:

* Dragonslayer - 1

* Drakeslayer - 6

* Forest giant slayer - 2

* Troll King assisination -- 1

* One eyed snake - 1

* Goblin leadership - 1

 

 

So I have over 10 legendary creatures killed, logged by wurm itself, but not even the "Kill a legendary creature" goal has turned green (let alone the "kill 10" goal) :(

 

Edit: I do hope it doesnt require you to land the killing blow to make the journal goal achieved... that would be crazy even for wurm standards ;)

 

 

Same problem here, though some folks who weren't having it tick over as done did get it fixed with this patch, not all did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tilda said:

 

 

Same problem here, though some folks who weren't having it tick over as done did get it fixed with this patch, not all did.

I would say it's pretty much same thing with uniques like with missions, they have new tracker for it which they probably introduced with journals. So everything before that doesn't count and only kills after count, i have it at 40% and have easily achievments for atleast 20-30 uniques i think combined from my achievements(for GL, FG, Kyklop and Dragons). Why can't they update goal with old achievments like they did with creatures based on individual achievments to cover atleast some of our work done i have no idea. Maybe @Buddacan shed some light on it? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll see about getting some info for this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 8:53 PM, kochinac said:

Considering that i have 859 epic helpers and only 38% on 50 missions i would say something else...

 

I have 231 Epic finalizers and my journal goal for "complete 250 missions" is only at 9%. So something definitely is not tracked right. 

 

Assuming Epic helper doesn't count, then at least epic finalizer should. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2019 at 10:22 PM, elentari said:

Assuming Epic helper doesn't count, then at least epic finalizer should. 

 

that, on a mission where you need to sacc 200 items and you do it all, you will have 200 "helpers" (agreed, the 200 helpers is silly regarding to the new tracker) and one "finalizer"... if at least the "finalizer" would be taken into account that would be great (AND logical)

Edited by Odynn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got advancement on a mission that I contributed to 5 times and it finished. It seemed to advance me 1 mission. 

So from testing I think you get credit for helping once per mission that finishes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which means Epic Finalizers should be tracked for journal goals updates, but they do not. As I said, some people have a lot of epic finalizers, but those aren't tracked at all while others have thousand of epic helpers but almost no finalizers. For the goal to count, missions have to be completed successfully, but the achievement score needs to be implemented into the journal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

only missions completed since the first journal tiers came out are accounted for from what i can tell. epic finalizer isn't missions completed either, it's missions you did the last part for and got the popup "x likes your dedication" or whatever. i've got the goal done with 187 epic finalizers.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but epic finalizer Implies   that a mission has been successfully completed, which should count towards the goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now