Sign in to follow this  
Griffith181

Games like Wurm

Anyone have any recommendation of games like Wurm Online that are a little less dated but have the same culture/community type.

I am hearing a lot about Life is Feudal but wanted to hear another opinion :)

I have played hundreds of hours in LIF and thousands in Wurm.  Wurm is more relaxed and you can do more and own more in Wurm than LIF.  The personal claim size in LIF is ridiculously small, as in the size of the smallest deed in Wurm.  You have to pay large sums for anything larger and there is a cap on the size of a personal claim.  Solo play is very difficult.  You cannot have just one character that can do everything.  You would have to train multiple characters (3-4) and each one is $10.  Space is limited for personal claims and the last time I was on, the personal area was junked with so many claims nobody could move or breathe.  On the plus side, LIF has very rewarding crafting and the skill grind is not as bad as Wurm.  The graphics in LIF are insane and beautiful.  Prepare to travel long distances for resources, and trade is an absolute must.  None of these things are necessarily bad, I just wanted to highlight the differences.

I play most games that comes by my radar, and i have to say that LiF is crap compared to Wurm. The community there is by no means anything related to Wurm either.

I would recommend Legend of Aria. Its a more top-down game, but has a skill system thats familiar to the system in Wurm (although not the same). If youve heard of Ultima Online you would know what LoA is also, pretty much.

WURM unlimited, I've heard it's a lot like Wurm Online?

Lif is a ripoff ideas of several games.. nothing original there.

Literal 1:1 like wurm is a tough match.....

Can you share which parts of wurm you like and would like to have in a suggested game?

Terraforming and sandbox environment alone are enough to rule out a lot of games for example.

After a Wurm, all other MMO's feel for me like too limited and boring, but I think Life is Feudal could be a closer one. Sadly, it's not a game for lone wolves like me. That game literally forces people to cooperate on everything.

LiF:YO is nice if you play it with the right settings applied. Like 500 diggings to make a tile of a mien go away, not really fun and you get huge amounts of minign waste heaps even for pretty small mines.

But it has some pretty crappy mechancis, like the way how many thing to craft are gated behind skill requirements. Or like searching through the entire map to find that ql 100 tree and get a sprout of that quality. The only way to circumvent thsi is givign really big skill point caps and increased skillgain. But then ti quickly takes away the fun of achievening something.  It's really illogical what they made there.

But you shouldn't paly it as the MMO, thats just a crappy supertribes rule the worl like ark way of gaeplay, get the "your own" version and play an own game or on a good server hosted by other players. if you play with very restrictive skill settings the game will force you to divide jobs. But the game can also enable you to get all skills, so it realyl depends on the settings a server has.

But generally it is fun too. Since I like mostly mining, mining is great n the game, lot's of fun and even better than Wurm because it has more natural ens and true 3D layers instead of just shafts. 

Maybe Heaven & Hearth might be something for you. But dunno the current state of the game, I played that years (more than 10 years) ago and much changed (at leats graphically wise), given it still exists and is populated.

But past that there isn't much That's liek Wurm.

Edited by PWreset

What colas are like wurm onlne. Should I drink pepsi? or sprite. 

Yea try those.