Sign in to follow this  
ChampagneDragon

FYI: Subway Cards as payment.

Two days left and the merchant will no longer accept Subway cards as payment in the shop.

I thought everyone should know before they go spend $100 on a Subway card and aren't able to use it to prem up. Guess I'll be eating a lot of Subway....

• Like 1

You can purchase a Wurm Online subscription using gift cards from Subway sandwich chains?

I was curious too, so I googled: 

past wurmonline threads on SUBWAY cards:

Quote from Ayes:  "". I am in the USA and this Subway gift card payment option seemed pretty weird to me but I did go there, purchased one for a low amount and used it to pay a few months premium for an alt. Then use the balance for a sub or soda or something. Actually is cheaper than using PayPal with no transaction fees or necessity to convert it to Euros either if using US$.""

I found some recent threads in other games (World Of Tanks, League of Legends) where it appears there was a recent change where some no longer accept subway cards, so probably not entirely a CODE CLUB decision

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/501391-option-to-pay-with-subway-card/

Apparently, Subway Sandwich cards are very very popular!  

Some of these involved a third party vendor such as Xsolla  (which wurm used) or a similar company named  "OPENBUCKS" 

https://techcrunch.com/2011/09/12/openbucks-buy-digital-goods-online-with-subway-giftcards-and-more/

There may have been some recent change in terms of service or international rules/laws that made using these cards no longer attractive,  I dunno ...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

13 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

I thought everyone should know before they go spend $100 on a Subway card and aren't able to use it to prem up

True, although if you go to a Subway store you can add more cash to it, for instance a few days ago the cost to buy 1 gold was $128. 26 US using the Xsolla payments option in the Wurm Shop. Can also buy lesser amounts of silver too to use some of that $100.00 currently on the card. The website states that on April 30 they will discontinue use of them (no reason provided).

Still, the Xsolla payment option will continue to accept many gift cards that are listed there. A better option that PayPal as Xsolla also accepts traditional bank debit/credit cards as well. They have no currency transaction fee to Euros either for paying with various currencies accepted as they do their currency conversions in-house. So if you want to pay with US dollars this is available. In the end I have found Xsolla to always cost less than using PayPal in the Wurm Shop.

=Ayes=

(maybe this is a CA section post though?)

Returned to Town Square (once someone explained to me what this was actually about).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pandalet said:

Returned to Town Square (once someone explained to me what this was actually about).

I dont know why but I find this funny.

• Like 1

I find it to be a curiously peculiar circumstance during which transition it was neither here nor there, of which depths I can not fathom. Some too might deem funny to be odd with the sound of bemusement lacking but Subways can be confusing if you are unfamiliar with the schedule. So I can understand your reticence to take it seriously.

=Ayes=