Sign in to follow this  
Titanius

Rebalancing destructive power of tools

Hey, all.  I just wanted to point out that when destroying walls, the destructive power of tools and weapons need to be rebalanced.  I ran the following test on a stone wall of QL 93, using each item 5 times, and then took the average of the 5 strikes.  They are listed in order of most to least destructive.  All made of iron.

0.043228712 = Longsword (starter kit)

0.006955422 = Hatchet (starter kit)

0.006934620 = Pickaxe (starter kit)

0.003663440 = Maul - large

0.003342346 = Hammer

0.003171074 = Maul

0.001977098 = Maul - small

0.001854548 = Shovel (starter kit)

0.001614268 = Carving knife (starter kit)

The mauls were all newly made and were of QL 1 (not imped at all).  If imped to higher quality, they would likely rank a little higher.

Now the problem I see with this is that there is no way a sword can do more damage to a stone wall than the other items.  And it does so by far, too, about 6 times more damage than a pickaxe.

I would say the pickaxe should be at the top of the list, seeing as they are used in mining.  Mining naturally made stone walls is harder than tearing down constructed brick walls.  So a pickaxe should not only be at the top of the list, but should deal a lot more damage than the rest.

Update:

I imped the maul to QL14, and made a new pickaxe which I imped to 14 as well:

0.07803006 = Maul - large (QL14)

0.01594900 = Pickaxe (QL14)

We can see the large maul rising quickly up the list with imping, and the pickaxe too.  But I still believe a pickaxe should deal more damage to a wall than a maul of similar quality.

Edited by Titanius

If pickaxes did more damage than large mauls, nobody would use mauls, because everyone has a pickaxe.

18 hours ago, Titanius said:

I imped the maul to QL14, and made a new pickaxe which I imped to 14 as well

Here is the hole you uncovered in your experiment. Newbie tools are junk for destroying fences/walls of all types. You also discovered that the large maul is the best tool for destroying stone items and provides much more damage when higher QL (80-90 commonly). For wood items it is a huge axe. I think if they are made from lead that provides an additional bashing bonus too. No re-balancing needed.

=Ayes=

• Like 1