Sign in to follow this  
AshesOfRebirth

Ashes of Eden: Survival

After many months of service, and walking away from the standard KvK mindset; this is Ashes of Eden: Survival. 

The survival feature was proposed by many of the players of AoEden as a change for the traditional way of playing Wurm so this is an attempt to revisit a few things. 
One of the goal is to attempt to create an environement where a solo player can have as much fun as a group of players. You don't HAVE to fight the enemy kingdom, there is none. 
The only enemies are those you choose, or those who chooses you!

Starting with only a compass and a tent, this server will place you in the only starting area, which is the permanent starting deed, that is 100% player built.
Diplomacy and economy is also entirely player made. You want to help people you encounter or rob them, you are free to do so. 

This server is meant to be hard, is moderately modded but tried to retain true to the spirit of Wurm, while adding survival/crafting essence to it. 
While hard, we attempted to reunite a variety of fix and QoL mod that will help in this journey.  

The team:
-Alefgard
-Takeda (CA)
-emim0o (Builder,tester,support)

Come meet that gang on the discord: https://discord.gg/hKrE9MP

Important server characteristics (Some slight things might be subject to changes a bit before public launch): 

- Survival based, you can freeze to death, or get diseased if you don't boil water! 
- 2x action, 3x skills, 1xCR
- Rare Addy and Glim veins 
- Characteristics starts at 19.5 
- Deed costs and upkeep Enabled - 2 max templars - lowered deed upkeep costs - No guard towers
- 4k map - 50k creatures (TBD) - Bigger biomes
- One kingdom, 100% player based diplomacy/economy. (Which means outlaws will be in effect)
- Player made economy, static coffers (start world with 10G in coffers), no NPC traders. Only merchants and players trades. 
- Bounties - May be burnt too for extra Karma/coin and help DB (steel and flint or forges)
- No GM built starter deed. All player built. (Except certain prefabs around the map)
- WL - BL - HOTA
- Rift mobs + Rift items (Handful spawned each week)
- Discord relay - every player can chat together, no matter if in game or on discord - trade channels/rumors
- Hard start (compass + tent, boom)
- GM merchants with sleep powders and other items usually sold by NPC trader at certain point around the world. 

We have many server tweaks, and are running the following mods: 

-Quality of Life Mods : CreatureAge, CropMod,HarvestHelper,BetterFarm, BetterDigging, ActionTimer Fix, Spellmod, AshProduce, 
                         BountyMod, BountyOnBurn, MeditateMod, ArrowPack, Building Skill (x2), DiscordRelay, TreasureHunting,TentSleep
 -Additions            : Sindusk's Spellcraft (Harden, Replenish, Expand, Quarry), Treasure maps, Hitching Posts
 -Changes              : StarterGear,PollSpawner(Rift mobs/items),Treasure Chest Claim,Survival(Temperature,crops,water),DusKombat,ServerTweaks

Various server tweaks : 
- Priest restrictions are active, rites/spells cost max 150. Unlimited praying but skillgain every hour.
- Statuettes QL matters, rarity as well.
- Food affinities tweak, check balance on hand, favor reworked and much more 

Map 

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/553369998437908480/571917520156622854/edensurv.png

Edited by AshesOfRebirth
edited some characteristics

8 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

cool idea. too bad it wod be full of hackers

Hello! Thanks for visiting our thread. Unfortunately I am not sure where you got that there is full of hackers on the server, as we haven't even launched yet! 

Be sure the team will be vigilant on any form of cheating/macros and we are not lenient toward such behavior. 

Hope to see you around on launch and cheers! 

There is currently no way of knowing a player is using ESP which is literally wallhacks. And everyone on wurm unlimited uses it. U know how easy it is to find a treasure chest with wallhacks? The moment its in your local you can see it through terrain and everything

I understand that. Currently no servers is able to vanilla stop ESP so the same is true for every server, yet there is still players on every server. 

I have no issue investigating someone who is using ESP and if you think there is 0% way of investigating, you are wrong. Verification can be made, and players who have nothing to hide won't have any problems with such verification.  Every complaint is taken seriously and investigations will be done on players we suspect. This isn't our first rodeo ;)

And seeing the treasure chest is one thing, getting to it is another, especially if it's guarded ;) 

Cheers! 

-Alefgard

Edit: Ultimately, If players want a hard experience, as we offer, I trust they will turn their easy tools off. If they don't, they are just ruining their own experience and they will eventually get caught and if they like to play, invest time just to end up banned, that's entirely their prerogative. 

Edited by AshesOfRebirth

This was what became of the last Ashes of Eden server (which was already the 2nd one), just a heads up for prospective players.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/164453-ashes-of-eden-ii-3x3x-pvp/&page=2

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Draulius said:

This was what became of the last Ashes of Eden server (which was already the 2nd one), just a heads up for prospective players.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/164453-ashes-of-eden-ii-3x3x-pvp/&page=2

And your point is?  

If you do not like our server, there is no requirements for you to play on it. 

We got hyped people for it and thats enough for us. 

Thanks for taking the time to visit out thread, and cheers!

-Alefgard

Yeah but we also don't want people to have our experiences with Ashes of Eden servers where the admins claim we were saying things in PMs and then they produce no evidence, and they lie to their communities and throw tantrums on the scale of that forum thread just because people gave feedback.

But sure, we're not obliged to play. All we're asking is those interested look at what Ashes of Eden was before it died last time. History does repeat itself.

Thanks for replying.

• Like 1

There is feedback and there is ranting. We do not condone lack of respect toward the team on Ashes and this is exactly what you did previously. Respect is a universal law and should be applied everywhere Traslogan. 

You are free to believe what you want, but the community of Ashes knows what's what. 

Now please, move on. 

Thanks and cheers :) 

The community of ashes is still waiting on your evidence of us saying stuff that was worthy of banning people in PMs, as you can clearly see in that thread you claimed that but you never produced the evidence.

Also thankyou for all the quality of life mods, I know that last time you rebooted Eden you stopped doing QoL mods because you thought it would be catering to people you don't need to cater to. 
Hopefully this time there will be any updates after the server launches :)

As players of Ashes of Eden, we're honestly just asking people to see what Ashes of Eden can be like:

Edited by paterso
  • Like 1

Risking repeating myself here but you got banned months ago and you know why.  Its about time you move on. 

Although when you cease being toxic, I will gladly have a talk with you if you still want those explanations but until then, cheers mate and good luck in your wurm life. 

-Alefgarx

Edited by AshesOfRebirth
Fixed typos

A couple of us offered suggestions, you interpreted it as hostility, then in your claims of who said what you couldn't even work out who had said what and started quoting from unrelated events to try and make your case seem stronger.

I don't need to argue this, anyone can see the previous thread and see how this all went down. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paterso said:

A couple of us offered suggestions, you interpreted it as hostility, then in your claims of who said what you couldn't even work out who had said what and started quoting from unrelated events to try and make your case seem stronger.

I don't need to argue this, anyone can see the previous thread and see how this all went 

Just seeing how you cannot move on and insist on being toxic is a perfect example of why you got banned. 

You didnt make suggestions, you made requests and threats to get what you want, insisting similar to what you are doing now. 

This, my friend, is exactly why you got banned. 

Cheers!

-Alefgard

Well just like when you told your Eden community that we were saying stuff to you in PMs, I would like evidence for these threats too. Your servers die because you immediately devolve into this kind of behaviour. People have called you on your behaviour, and instead of fessing up to it, you've immediately returned to lying again.

From the previous ashes of eden thread:

zdyQHWj.png

Still awaiting proof of the omitted information on that, too.

"Please don't be passive-aggressive or mean.We're all adults, we can talk, but I won't tolerate personal attacks" - The Dude saying people made threats on his server but providing no proof.

Edited by paterso
  • Like 1

We shall leave someone who is actually relevant talk about me, who actually knows whats going on on Ashes, as hes with us on the Discord for a very long time now. 

20190426_182002.jpg

Now know I wont respond to you anynore Traslogan cause you are just being childish. 

Cheers. 

-Alefgard

Ah we're using Sindusk now? Okay, I can do that too I suppose.
This was me and him after I saw him posting that.

FoUB4dD.png

Still awaiting the actual evidence, not a sindusk vouch speech. You're now up to claims that we were making threats and that we were secretly PM'ing you and then not telling anyone about it and that whatever we said contributed to you going on your ragefest.

Edited by paterso
  • Like 1

Sorry for the people that can't move on but we will still open wether you like it or not. 

I thought you weren't replying bro.

You're the one still making claims about people making threats and saying god-only-knows-what in PMs to justify being banned, but you produce no evidence.

We're literally just laying out what happens when an Ashes of Eden server pops up. It doesn't get updated, you start lying to the community and making things up about people, and then it dies.

• Like 1

Some people sure like to repeat themselves when they can't move on! 

Sorry to all the others for this toxic member, as you can see, we ban them so y'all safe and you won't encounter this type of player much :)

Some people like to make things up when their crap gets called out.

I got banned for making suggestions, even though 99% of the changes made to your server were through me via your lone GM. We've been through that one the previous thread though.

Still no evidence of any of your claims about us though. Just keep calling people toxic when you lie about them and I'm sure you'll get more people.

Edited by paterso
  • Like 2

Once again, sorry for the toxic members people. 

But as you can see, we get rid of them. :)

If you are interested, we'll be glad to have you! 

Cheers!

Just now, AshesOfRebirth said:

Once again, sorry for the toxic members people. 

But as you can see, we get rid of them. :)

If you are interested, we'll be glad to have you! 

Cheers!

I thought you were supposed to stop replying like 5 posts ago...

• Like 1

Running a server can be a rewarding and fun experience. I've been involved with 2 in the last few years. I am not a developer like Sindusk or Bdew, which limits innovation to mods that the community are kind enough to publicly release, but I can tell you that it can be an incredibly stressful task for those running the server. The more mods you add and the more tweaks you make, the more complex management of the server is including the sometimes very painful WU version upgrade. It can be especially difficult to manage if you don't have your own hosting.

Then there is the whole question of managing the server in-game, answering support tickets, resolving GM related issues, setting up community events, settling player disputes, checking for macroing. It is almost a full time job! I hardly played Wurm myself over that time since every time you log in to Discord or Wurm you have to respond to the community.

I'm not taking sides in the above discussion, it is your choice to setup a server, or play on someone else's server, nobody is forcing you to, I am just stating that anyone who is willing to put the time, effort and money in to running a WU Server deserves a lot of respect and I guess I wanted to provide some context here.

Edited by solmark
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, paterso said:

The community of ashes is still waiting on your evidence of us saying stuff that was worthy of banning people in PMs, as you can clearly see in that thread you claimed that but you never produced the evidence.

Also thankyou for all the quality of life mods, I know that last time you rebooted Eden you stopped doing QoL mods because you thought it would be catering to people you don't need to cater to. 
Hopefully this time there will be any updates after the server launches :)

As players of Ashes of Eden, we're honestly just asking people to see what Ashes of Eden can be like:

My god was that a nice read. Thank you ill let the pvp community know about this , lets see how many of them will wanna get banned over "rolling their eyes" and criticism. 

All in all, nice drama, i give it the Glady award

• Like 1