Sign in to follow this  
Tuga

[Fixed] Goals Completed

So how does the game only saves a few goals and not all?

Example: Complete a colossus. ( my last one out of 3 was completed about a month back....) Shows as not finished.

Example: Dye 100 things ( just dyed about 70 lamps on the last 3 days prior to this update) Shows 0%

And many others. When a new goal appears, some stuff is done and completed already, while other stuff isnt recorded and shows as not completed.
Is this a bug? Or how does it work?

I just saw another with an odd behavior: "Restore 250 items from fragments". I did the past couple weeks restore a bunch of items, but the goal is not started. Note that this is definitely after the Journal was live and active.

Moreover, I did restore another item just at the time of this post, and it didn't start now either.

[17:21:04] You successfully recreate a short sword from the fragments.

Goal:

iE72Ns3.jpg

If the game didn't track it via achievements or similar there's no way of knowing it happened. something that has achievements or other trackable info linked to it (missions, slay creatures, improve items, close rifts, plant trees, any skill/title related ones etc) would be able to pull past info whereas things not tracked in the past (veins mined out, colossus, equip drake/scale set, catch 75kg fish etc) wouldn't have info on whether you've done it yet or not, and therefore isn't complete.

I got 779 achivments in Epic helper, so I took part in 779 missions right?
My goal help with 50 missions shows 30% completed.

So dont think its like that Oblivion...

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

If the game didn't track it via achievements or similar there's no way of knowing it happened. something that has achievements or other trackable info linked to it (missions, slay creatures, improve items, close rifts, plant trees, any skill/title related ones etc) would be able to pull past info whereas things not tracked in the past (veins mined out, colossus, equip drake/scale set, catch 75kg fish etc) wouldn't have info on whether you've done it yet or not, and therefore isn't complete.

Sounds reasonable, but it's not the case with some. The previous example, on 250 fragments goal, is different because I just restored an item, today, after the update. In the worse case, it should have started with *some* percent. Instead it continues to display not started.

I have some issues as well

1: Catch a 75 kg fish.. I did the old catch a 190kg fish goal

2: Restore 250 items from fragments. Im currently at 80 restoration and did way more than 250 items.

3: Help with 50 missions. Did that one also, cant say how many but more than 50 for sure. game says i helped on 535 missions

And those two

4: Travel 7500km is at 100%, but still white (should be green)

5: Complete 20 buildings is at 100%, but still white (should be green)

Le9kGLY.png

Edited by Ninjarubberduck

Epic finalizer is the achievement you're looking for, not epic helper. Sacrificing 100 items for a mission would give you 100 epic helpers, for example, but it's buggy and doesn't always count it. contrary to the description in the journal you have to be the one to finish the mission for that afaik

relog for the 100% achievements

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

I also got 102 epic finalizer achivments....

Also slay 10 legendary creatures, shows 50% completed. From niarja: (Tuga has landed a hit in 258 Unique battle(s).)
Ofc I also got them in my achivments.

Edited by Tuga

I have 8% of kill 20k creatures - I'm  well over that limit already. So some seems either bugged or not worded well...

• Like 1

"Destroy 25 veins via mining": 

I've killed some in the past month, and they didn't count. The goal shows up as "not started".

I mined out a tin vein today:

[19:15:09] The mine is now depleted.

The goal didn't update:

8uztqtA.jpg

24 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I have 8% of kill 20k creatures - I'm  well over that limit already. So some seems either bugged or not worded well...

Same as me Jaz, only 8%.
My achivments show well over 24k creatures slayed tough, just added them all.
So now I got to slay more 18k? lol

We all have goals that have been completed, but we don't have credit for them.  I've casted rite of spring TWICE in the past, but I do not have credit for that goal.

I guess it is something to keep us veteran players busy.

not sure they'll be able to help. it's like when achievements were added in wrath there wasn't really many records to prove you did it. 

For "Restore 250 items from fragments", achievements already exist tracking various items you restored. For example:

Fragmental The ancients apparently used these tools too, who knew? Silver Recreate a tool from fragments

There are players who have more than 250x Fragmental recorded already. It just isn't counted in the Journal.

3 hours ago, Anarres said:

I mined out a tin vein today:

[19:15:09] The mine is now depleted.

The goal didn't update:

Looks like the trigger for that one isn't working as intended, will fix that thanks.

The fragment one will also be fixed, that one isn't updating properly.

As said above, some achievements were never tracked in the past so can't be counted towards the new journal entries. such as complete a colossus, mine out a vein, dye items. The slay creature one works off the newer journal achievement of slaying any creature that was added with the first tiers, which won't be counting any older achievements that track individual creature type kills.

The mission related one was a new achievement added with the journal due to Epic Helper and Epic Finalizer not really covering the requirement (helper can trigger multiple times per mission, finalizer only triggers for the person who completes the mission) - which is why your progress for that might be below the older achievement counts.

Same deal with slaying a legendary creature, there was no achievement that properly covered all uniques, only tracking the individual types - so that one was added with the journal as well.

I did what I could to create the journal with existing records and achievements in mind so older players wouldn't have to redo a bunch of things that were completed in the past, but some new tracking achievements had to be added to make things work as needed.

• Like 3

I easily have more then 250 restored items and the already in place counters have it recorded.

My -  Master of Recreation     Just like pieces of a puzzle     Gold     Recreate 100 items through archaeology? Is 40

My - Fragmental     The ancients apparently used these tools too, who knew?     Silver     Recreate a tool from fragments   Is 425, so even if it was just counting tools I should have it done.

5 minutes ago, VelvetSun said:

I easily have more then 250 restored items and the already in place counters have it recorded.

My -  Master of Recreation     Just like pieces of a puzzle     Gold     Recreate 100 items through archaeology? Is 40

My - Fragmental     The ancients apparently used these tools too, who knew?     Silver     Recreate a tool from fragments   Is 425, so even if it was just counting tools I should have it done.

17 minutes ago, Budda said:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Budda said:

Much ?

Hey!

I have a few issues...

1. The slay 20k creatures - can be easily tracked through achievements and I have more than enough, why do we need to go through that again? especially cause it is easily trackable (also does it have a tracker? it shows nothing, even if I killed some animals in the past few days)

2. I have a good bit over 5000 total skill points, yet the goal is not completed yet - does it not round points up and always rounds down to the full integer? I did not calculate, but maybe because of that I don't have the mission completed (according to niarja I had a few months ago 5035 points) - also the 5000 skill points has no % tracker, would be nice not to need to use niarja or calculate manually :)

I do have to say that all the benefits are okayish, but not nearly as powerful as always +5 power in casting is from benediction

Nevertheless, thank you for the great update so far, I know it must be hard work to balance everything to make it just right

Edited by Thorakkanath

I have been having trouble with the cooking tasks in tiers 'Going the distance' = learn at least 250 recipes by cooking ones you do not already know,  and ' Destination unknown' = learn at least 500 recipes, and yes I have been cooking new ones, not just reading and adding to cookbook  and they randomly seem to be acknowledged for either tier task,sometimes both,sometimes one or neither. Relog didn't fix it.

And also all of the above mentioned in peoples comments. Lol

Edited by StarsHollow

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, Thorakkanath said:

2. The 500k actions I have (according to F4  stats) over 1.3 milion actions performed yet the counter is at 69% 

This is because the F4 counter does not count the same things for actions as the achievement / journal. It counts things like examining an item, or when you're queue is full and you get the too busy message. For a real count on actions, look for the Ambitious achievement in your list, you need 5 of those (100k actions each).

Ah, thanks for that Shydow, I will edit my post then to reflect only ongoing problems

At jurnal mision Restore 250 item from fragments i have 31 achivment Master of restoration and this goal is stil white and unfinished.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:29 PM, Anarres said:

I just saw another with an odd behavior: "Restore 250 items from fragments". I did the past couple weeks restore a bunch of items, but the goal is not started. Note that this is definitely after the Journal was live and active.

Moreover, I did restore another item just at the time of this post, and it didn't start now either.

[17:21:04] You successfully recreate a short sword from the fragments.

Goal:

iE72Ns3.jpg

Just restored a bunch of items, the goal is not showing any percentage. So, looks as if this is not currently working....

On 4/25/2019 at 11:12 PM, Budda said:

?

Edited by MacOofer
  • Like 2