Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 082

s43GJEC.png

You see the lands of Wurm - Yaga

Greetings Wurmians! 

We’re back with a quick Valrei International detailing what’s coming in today's update as well as showing a little bit about what’s coming soon after, so let’s get into it!

Dev news
I know some of you have shared frustration at the time between updates recently, and this is due to us being in the middle of shifting to a new design cycle aimed at improving how we deliver content and more substantial updates. 

Product Manager Budda will be writing a devblog over the coming week about our reasons behind this shift in updates and what it means for you as players. 

It’s a big change and one I am keen to see come to life, it should help make my news much easier! 

Wurm Devstreams

Spoiler

Yl0wrIb.jpg

Journal tiers
The final generic journal tiers will go live as of the next update (due today) with the long haul laid out. 

These goals may take considerable time and effort, but these are intended to be achieved over a long period of time. It’s a long road, but you might find it’s worth the journey.

After these we’ll begin looking at skill specific journals, similar to how the priest ones work, but we don’t expect these out anytime soon. 

Looking normal

Gif0KhQ.jpg
Along with normal and specular mapping for armour is the addition of normal mapping for player skins as well! This is amazing work and really does improve a lot of the graphics of Wurm. These will not be going live today, but will be coming very soon. 

Also coming soon is rarity on armour! Saroman hosted the “Wurm Online Test Server Fashion Show” over this week and has some stunning numbers to show

Community Content
This weeks community content is the deed Evendim, which forum member Kaylessa is documenting her build of her new deed. It’s an ambitious project and I hope she continues to update the thread, because I’ve been looking for new ideas! 

That's it from us this week, the new journal content will all have you sinking your teeth in so break a leg this weekend! 

Until next time, keep on Wurming! 

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 13

Everybody sleeping? No responses here. I guess that is copper chain armor? Looks pretty nice (without the flashing of course ;)).

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

Wait, I'm confused...what's new about the armour?  Is it shiny light reflection or rarity shimmer ('cos it doesn't look like other rare stuff)?  Sorry, being dense over here...

33 minutes ago, Wonka said:

Wait, I'm confused...what's new about the armour?  Is it shiny light reflection or rarity shimmer ('cos it doesn't look like other rare stuff)?  Sorry, being dense over here...

That is normal/specular mapping on armour, rarity will add a glow 

I know this is not on the post here but just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for fixing this ?Bugfix:  Fixed the ‘You must not move while doing that’ message when you were not moving.

• Like 4

Hi thanks for the shoutout, you put a big smile on my face today  :) I have been busy with the basics of my deed, (paths, foundations plus my wall...etc.) I will be posting updates soon on my forum post, please stay tuned :) 

Edited by Kaylessa
  • Like 3

Whoa, you can see the veins on that guy's hand!  Amazing work, I look forward to seeing it in-game!

Edited by Kyoko
  • Like 1

Great update, and the blue rarity glow on armour being gone is nice!

3 hours ago, Timoca said:

Great update, and the blue rarity glow on armour being gone is nice!

That's not gone at all, armor on those screenshots just isn't rare.

Bugfix:  Fixed the ‘You must not move while doing that’ message when you were not moving.

Hallelujah and the saints be praised!

10 hours ago, Samool said:

That's not gone at all, armor on those screenshots just isn't rare.

Ahh yeah, misread that, the armour looks nice, not a fan of the rare glows on it if I can't turn em off.

• Like 1

Is the bug that leads to horses mysteriously dead gonna be fixed anytime soon?? This is ain't fun anymore... we have lost every +5spd breeder already and even if we buy more newborns, they are dying to old age........... at young state.

[11:13:11] Your pet is nowhere to be found. It may have died of old age. .... fun stuff... cant even breed that fast as they keep dying.

Edited by Themystrix

Thanks for the fix with non-moving moving characters; was extremely annoying to see that, especially on meditation.

Question about Colossus Journal steps, i have made already several those. Latest is finished: Logging started 2019-04-05
[22:20:11] You create a Colossus of Vynora in front of you on the ground.

[18:35:03] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Gatlin.'.

So did i need made 1 more to get that journal step finished?

Wurm Devstreams! Can't wait. Maybe let us know what the twitch channel will be so we can hit the follow to get an update when you go live?

Hi I was wondering when is the new character appearance is coming out? From the looks of this picture, it appears they will look very life like, I am really looking forward for this update, I hope it is soon :) 

Edited by Kaylessa

Fantastic stuff! Now if we could get some better personal appearance choices, lol. I know we play in first person, but it would be nice to put a better face forward for those who see us. I think the guy avatars have a much better selection of looks!

I think that graphic improvement on current engine has no sence. For most people with average pc power only cause fps down. HQ textures on cube models not look really great. Wurm dev should be deeply think about http://jmonkeyengine.org if they want any serious graphic ugrgade. It seem only way and hard work to get wurm graphics on another level.

Edited by ftoz

I would just like to have hair when wearing a hat LOL