Sign in to follow this  
Adambean

Shafts of white/black light gone since 1.9x?

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Thanks, with the console logs we've been able to identify and correct both issues. Will be in the next update, but no ETA

Thanks Retro. Appreciate the quick turnaround. Hoping for the best on an update time table.. The modern renderer is amazing. Would love to use it and not be eaten by invisible mobs. ❤️

Just a note: Out of the two options we have to work around this (FBO or VBO) I'm finding that changing VBO to extension is the better result and leaving FBO on core. This is because with framebuffer objects you still get the nice shader effects like water, whereas if I remember correctly vertex buffer objects are more to do with performance and efficiency.

Can confirm this is NOT fixed in the much awaited update (1.9.2.7).

White and black shafts still don't appear, and eagle+drake spirits are invisible. The red rift shaft does work though.

On 5/29/2019 at 5:33 AM, Retrograde said:

Thanks, with the console logs we've been able to identify and correct both issues. Will be in the next update, but no ETA

Is this still being fixed or is this part of the graphical updates side that is not going to continue with WU? Conflicting messages since May.

We were told that it already would be in the next update, which says to me that it had already been actioned internally. It would however appear that this isn't going to be delivered.

The spirit eagle and drakes get a alpha value sent from the server for some reason, which the client renders as 100% transparency. A fix can easily be modded for all ghost creatures by replacing the sendAttachEffect in the VirtualZone.addCreature method. Spirit guards don't have the same alpha setting, so they are visible. Still working on a fix for the beams, the rift and xmas beams are visible but the altar beams are not - possibly they have different transparency settings considering they are not pulsating like the altar beams, or something like that?

Edited by Tenniel
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Tenniel said:

Still working on a fix for the beams

This would be a wonderful mod, as it actually affects a LOT of people who do not follow the forums. it's not too hard to tell them how to adjust their graphic settings.

I don't know if such a thing would be possible as a server mod (so that "newbies" don;t have to stress about messing with "compatibility" settings) or if it is only possible as a client mod?

Here's a client mod that kinda-fixes some of the issues related to this

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/fixvbo/releases/download/v0.2/fixvbo-0.2.zip

It's meant to use with modern renderer and FBO/VBO set to core.

• WL/BL beams are working
  • spirit/drake eagles are working (but not necessarily looking right, as i modified their transparency values when received from the server)
  • tile overlays (e.g. show protected tiles) are... kinda working, but look wrong color

On 5/29/2019 at 1:33 PM, Retrograde said:

And this is just a reminder that codeclub had a fix for this for over a year and are not willing to release it.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 3

As you mentioned some of the colours are off, but it's still totally recognisable what is happening. this is a very acceptable fix. What a star!

wurm.20200712.1704.png

wurm.20200712.1707.png

Definitely worth using your fix to get the frame rate benefit of VBO.

Edited by Adambean

To my knowledge with bdew's fix the only thing not showing at all is the directional arrows when you "View Links" on a highway eye/waystone. Not speaking for everyone, though to me that's super low priority. I only use this function if I somehow mess up placement of eyes/waystones and cause a conflicting/unintended path, typically at a junction.

The 3 more important aspects: shafts, spirits, and highway tile protection; are in a very acceptable state. Thank you again bdew, you're undoubtedly a top character in WU's QOL.

• Like 1