Sign in to follow this  
Agatino

Increase SB gain rate based on quality/type of bed

8 hours ago, Finnn said:

Isn't that what the game is about?

Nobody joins the game and just end up at 100fine carp, all start at 1.

How many of the owners with 90-99ql rare/supreme forges do you think have high masonry skill?

Not every mechanic has to work exactly the same way and be based on the same underlying concept.  It’s part of the draw of the game that it ISN’T like that, in my opinion.  

In addition, sleep bonus is not equatable to a rare forge.  It’s supposed to be for people who don’t have much time to play.  Are those people more or less likely to have high FC than those who are in the game every waking hour?  Does it make sense that they would be put at a disadvantage by the very mechanic that is supposed to be giving them a leg up?

23 minutes ago, Minnie said:

Not every mechanic has to work exactly the same way and be based on the same underlying concept.  It’s part of the draw of the game that it ISN’T like that, in my opinion.  

In addition, sleep bonus is not equatable to a rare forge.  It’s supposed to be for people who don’t have much time to play.  Are those people more or less likely to have high FC than those who are in the game every waking hour?  Does it make sense that they would be put at a disadvantage by the very mechanic that is supposed to be giving them a leg up?

it is not like a forge, beds are irrelevant and obsolete, only idiots use beds.. beds take damage when you use them, smart way to get sb is to dump your character on epic overnight - while you're on epic - you get sb on freedom cluster, no need for bed, no need to improve anything, no need to repair anything, no need to be fancy, that's just for RP and giggles; metagame it, it's what pros do

I am not arguing if this should be a thing or not, I don't care, if anything I am almost 99 fc, will be by the end of this week probably, and that is also irrelevant, if this becomes a thing - cool for me and few others, if not.. nothing changes, "big deal";

ok.. wiki quote...https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Sleep_bonus

Sleep bonus (SB) provides a period of increased skill, characteristic, and stamina gain. This is a way to help players who can not play for many hours each day, without hindering players who can stay logged on for a long time.

Yet everybody uses it because it makes skilling up faster, it's not what the wiki calls it.. if you have more time online and you spend it right, you are likely to get more sb than somebody offline sleeping in a bed.

importance of sb? idk.. players eventually got sleeping bags to get some sb anywhere.. not just at home in bed, cluster meta is a thing for a long time, seems like sb importance is relevant, and this suggestion is on to something good?

maybe

to answer your question.. you do not need more time online to be higher on fc.. you just need to put the time you have and use enchanted tools, sleep bonus, coffee, aff meal, and press a few keys.. since most players claim to 'hate' grinding skills.. you're likely going to be over most of them; irony is .. fine carp because of ropetools and maintenance, or some other reason... have excessive amount of high skilled players(check niarja), there's a long list of 99 skilled on fine carpentry, you're likely to get fast on the levels like all the others.. or at least find a lot of people able to improve fine-carp item for you if you can't bother to grind the skill

idiots - what are idiots.. in this case.. idk.. people not on the epic portal meta.. that do not deal with beds, ql, damage, repairing, improving.. all that stuff that seem to be core part of the game.. anybody not skipping it and strugging through the content.. must be a gamer and not skipping content.. idk, why are these people not getting a perk for dealing with the extra stretch?

Edited by Finnn

45 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I am not arguing if this should be a thing or not, I don't care

I barely care either, tbh.

45 minutes ago, Finnn said:

idiots - what are idiots

You seem to think idiots are people who don’t play the game the way you think it should be played.  I think maybe it’s people who think it’s people who don’t play the game they way they think it should be played.  Or else maybe people who argue with each other about ###### they don’t care about.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 5:04 AM, Ayes said:

If this is done the base rate should stay the same. This means a 1QL bed will give the current sleep bonus. The say for every 10QL you get an additional 1% gain rate which translates to 10% at max. Then rare, supreme and fantastic could give another 1% each. Not so overpowered really as the maximum sleep bonus would remain at 5 hours.

i think  this is a well thought out approach to this idea , i dont personally think this would be a bad suggestion in fact it might even add motivation for fine carpenters to hawk their skills more=a increase to economy a little

On 6/15/2022 at 7:42 PM, Finnn said:

only idiots use beds

No, there are approaches to the game that are not yours and still not idiotic.  Some of us are playing a game, not gaming a system. (If you see what I mean there - there are certainly games I play in that "gaming a system" way.  Most of them, in fact.  But not Wurm.)

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 3

I would love if the canopy bed would sleep 2 players, as mentioned earlier in the thread (it looks like a double+ bed, why not fit double the people)

As for the sleep bonus, the 1% additional per 10QL seems pretty tame, especially since your max saved SB is still the same. I mean I'd be happy with the 2-person canopy bed, both for practical and roleplay purposes... but a QL based incentive to working on fine carpentry seems fine to me too :)

• Like 1