Sign in to follow this  
Agatino

Increase SB gain rate based on quality/type of bed

I'am all for the reality in sandbox games, but if that means of lowering quality of life a lot then no.

1 minute ago, Wilczan said:

I'am all for the reality in sandbox games, but if that means of lowering quality of life a lot then no.

In what world does "allow us to earn sleep bonus faster by improving our beds" "lower quality of life"?

Are you daft?

Edited by Agatino

1 minute ago, Agatino said:

In what world does "allow us to earn sleep bonus faster by improving our beds" "lower quality of life"?

Are you daft?

So You suggest to increase current bonus based on quality or current bonus would be for beds with 100 quality?

1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

So You suggest to increase current bonus based on quality or current bonus would be for beds with 100 quality?

The latter serves literally no purpose and would be idiotic to even suggest. Wording of the topic (re: increase) implies that the current rate would be baseline, and it would improve based on the type and quality of the bed in question.

Edited by Agatino

1 hour ago, Agatino said:

The latter serves literally no purpose and would be idiotic to even suggest. Wording of the topic (re: increase) implies that the current rate would be baseline, and it would improve based on the type and quality of the bed in question.

So as I thought, you assume that devs gonna gave us more sleep bonus then usual, if we improve our beds.

That's very optimistic suggestion.

25 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

So as I thought, you assume that devs gonna gave us more sleep bonus then usual, if we improve our beds.

That's very optimistic suggestion.

...So, to be clear, your position is "-1 because it won't happen anyway"?

Got it.

12 minutes ago, Agatino said:

...So, to be clear, your position is "-1 because it won't happen anyway"?

Got it.

No.

I gave -1, couse first, I thought that your suggestion will gave less sleep bonus then we earn currently, to people that have low quality beds.

Then you explained that it goes other way, and we gonna get more sleep bonus for high quality, above the baseline, so I just stated that it probably won't happen anyway.

Your first post was so informative that people can assume only looking at title of your suggestion, in different ways.

Got it?

Now go yell at other that -1 your suggestion.

• Like 2

+1 If we use the current rate as the best possible rate.

yeah more QL should grant some more, but type should not matter.

I wouldn't mind if based on type only. I.e beds give as much SB as they do now, canopy beds give slightly more and perhaps introduce bedrolls that are very easy to make with few components for slightly less SB.

• Like 2

If this is done the base rate should stay the same. This means a 1QL bed will give the current sleep bonus. The say for every 10QL you get an additional 1% gain rate which translates to 10% at max. Then rare, supreme and fantastic could give another 1% each. Not so overpowered really as the maximum sleep bonus would remain at 5 hours.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

well then why bother making or getting a canopy bed even if the sb you get is the same?

24 minutes ago, Oriana said:

well then why bother making or getting a canopy bed even if the sb you get is the same?

Same reason you get any other furniture item, aesthetic

• Like 2

Not sure it makes sense that those with higher FC should get more sleep bonus--not to mention that on top of that, they'd be making bank off of selling high ql beds.

2 hours ago, Minnie said:

Not sure it makes sense that those with higher FC should get more sleep bonus--not to mention that on top of that, they'd be making bank off of selling high ql beds.

Isn't that what the game is about?

Nobody joins the game and just end up at 100fine carp, all start at 1.

How many of the owners with 90-99ql rare/supreme forges do you think have high masonry skill?

4 hours ago, Archaed said:

Same reason you get any other furniture item, aesthetic

Although it would be nice if bigger beds slept more people.  Not necessary, because it is an aesthetic choice, but a practical benefit would be nice to have.

• Cat 1

3 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Although it would be nice if bigger beds slept more people.  Not necessary, because it is an aesthetic choice, but a practical benefit would be nice to have.

Wurm needs cuddle puddles