Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Coffee... should be a thing.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:30 PM, MrGARY said:

-1 coffee is gross

i'll +1 if it means removing it from horse names though so i can "opt out" to avoid it altogether

[00:02:55] The adolescent fat Coffeeman is dead. R.I.P.

New item: Coffee pot.

New item: coffee beans

New item: roasted coffee beans

New item: coffee bush

New item: coffee

Lets do this @Budda!

• Like 4

On 4/29/2019 at 1:46 AM, Angelklaine said:

New item: Coffee pot.

New item: coffee beans

New item: roasted coffee beans

New item: coffee bush

New item: coffee

Lets do this @Budda!

this, we've been asking for stuff like this for a while now..

What's wrong with "amphora cups" and cauldron stack to cook the coffee dose for the day??

Edited by Finnn
I'm fine with no new containers.. etc.. just plain black coffee in the game and vanilla spoilers like cream, etc for the Light fellas #TeamPureBlack #tho
  • Like 1

time to break it.. post your best coffee/caffeine memes.. bring life to this thread?

mods, can we?

7c3729939d56c8fd2eba923657e69836.jpgimage18.pngboisterous-Coffee-Memes.jpegbest-coffee-memes.jpg

allworkandnocoffee-5aa1a78ac673350037a21b30.PNG383653ffec08e9ed8282e3ea87bb8b16.jpg2019-12-13_18_192019-12-13_18_1820191214_Best-Coffee-Memes.jpg

• Like 1

my mind dont work without coffee in rl, wurm shouldnt be different.

18 hours ago, Stinboi said:

my mind dont work without coffee in rl, wurm shouldnt be different.

as in "fixed beverage affinity - mind logic"? 🙃

+1 new coffee recipes and equipment

*sips coffee*

--edit

EiCjVkRXcAA8WRD.png

--edit

oops.. fb image expired.. fear not - twitter rehost of ~identical one was found!

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2

O9q26mb.jpg

You can almost smell it just from looking at it, right?

LOL / probably true.. idk, I have a shelf with tea types.. I still burn trough coffee cans faster...

Spoiler

8842ST_2021_250G-US_CLASSICO_ESPRESSO-FR

25b5f14e83ee975d231bc04fb00aeaca.png

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2

+1 for coffee and coffee addiction in Wurm. 

Benefits? = + 10% increase in mind logic skillgain but +100% faster water decrease for player

A side effect is addiction. Drink enough and guess what :D your char gets addicted to coffee. If you don't get that java back in the system your char suffers a 10% penalty to mind logic gains and similar withdrawal to alcohol kicks in. Should last for about 24 in game hours. 

Hey works like that in RL too. I kicked coffee addiction about 5 times now and they drew me back in with work stress. 

Coffee giving a guaranteed mind logic affinity isn't a super bad idea.

No need for water decrease, as neither caffeine nor coffee actually increase dehydration, that was disproven a long time ago. 

Though a fat -1 cause coffee shitposting is already sad enough ;) 

Edited by Blazecraze

Bashing coffee is similar to people bashing green tea. To each his own. Some like the taste, some loathe it. 

I couldn't stand whiskey when I was younger but now I've acquired the taste. To each his own. 

I love my coffee, I loathe the generic 30 'omfg coffee is so good' patter that comes along with the average age of the playerbase ;) 

1 hour ago, elentari said:

+1 for coffee and coffee addiction in Wurm. 

Benefits? = + 10% increase in mind logic skillgain but +100% faster water decrease for player

A side effect is addiction. Drink enough and guess what :D your char gets addicted to coffee. If you don't get that java back in the system your char suffers a 10% penalty to mind logic gains and similar withdrawal to alcohol kicks in. Should last for about 24 in game hours. 

Hey works like that in RL too. I kicked coffee addiction about 5 times now and they drew me back in with work stress. 

useless to old players and just new chars will be using it.. gg useless item mid and late game

seen a few articles about people performing better by 10-15% after drinking coffee.. effects lasting for hours..

coffee doesn't make you 'smarter' as 1 says.. it's just giving you a bit more energy or rather lets you use a bit more

almost sure though that OP intended just for RP drink, not actual buff/debuff beverage

1 hour ago, Blazecraze said:

Coffee giving a guaranteed mind logic affinity isn't a super bad idea.

No need for water decrease, as neither caffeine nor coffee actually increase dehydration, that was disproven a long time ago. 

so.. you're troll downvoting?

I like good hot coffee.. just so I can wait for it to cool down.. to drink some.. #cold #clean

15 minutes ago, Finnn said:

so.. you're troll downvoting?

Its not troll downvoting, you know that +1 and -1 actually has no weight at all when the staff look at a suggestion, right? They've been pretty vocal about that before.

When in Rome …

+1 the coffee thread

Players have asked a few times for proper reviewing system with dev feedback - but nada, takes 2 for a dialogue, the +/-1 is just the 'culture' way of the suggestion savages, might not be 'ideal' but so is the system for suggestions, it's not like you need to retype same thing OP have suggested or type again what somebody else have written as comment.. you +1.. for Op, or quote somebody and add +1.. and 'share' the same opinion more or less. Pretty simple, saves some the extra reading of same lines over and over again.

I agree with you Finn.

It would be much easier to just +1 things when everything has already been said..but sadly its been said by staff, included even in retros thread, that +1s and -1s are outright ignored. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blazecraze said:

2 hours ago, Blazecraze said:

I love my coffee, I loathe the generic 30 'omfg coffee is so good' patter that comes along with the average age of the playerbase ;) 

God I love you

I like the idea of adding coffee but only if the playerbase doesn't start doing that cringe "tee hee don't talk before i have my coffee" stuff