Sign in to follow this  
Kilted_Archer

GM 5 won't return to 0, even after saving

Have started playing again after a long time away. Went to play one of 3 characters I have on this private server (Adventure mode ). Apparently had the character in GM5 mode, but decided to take them back to "Player Game Management Power" = 0, so the character could again deal with the "aggressive" creatures normally .(currently "aggressive" creatures are blue non-aggressive outlined).

After changing it back to "0", and then hitting the "Save" button, proceeded to log on. Once in game, found that the character was still in GM5 mode. Logged out and checked the selection area, and found it had reverted back to "5" !

I tied several times , but each time , the selection reverted back.  

The game was recently updated.

I have no idea why it keeps reverting back, even though I "Save" the choice. Could it be something to do with the latest update ?

I've had this happen if the player didn't log off for long enough.  They remain invisible to non-GMs, too.

Usually staying out for a full 60 seconds after the toon is fully logged off the server works.

When it doesn't work, we do a server update/patch and that fixes it.

I hope one of these works for you.

EDIT:  It's also not necessary to remove Level 5 GM from your toon, just to be able to fight.  All you need to do is type #invuln (to toggle invulnerability on & off) and #invis (to toggle invisibility on & off).

Edited by Batta

Batta - Thanks for your answers.?

I had tried the toggling the "#invis", (found that toggle on the GM thread, so tried it ), figuring if hostile creatures could see the character, they'd attack / interact, but they stayed "blue-outlined" and non-aggressive .

Is it possible, that you also need the "#invuln" toggled off , so the game mechanics would see the character as, "fair game" ?

I'll try with both toggled off, see if that makes a difference .

PS - Different Topic - Those Easter Eggs that our characters have found, other than the FUN of finding them ?, Is there anything else to do with them ?

The database is not updating to 0. You could edit players.db with sqlite and write the changes there rather than using the server tool. 

And yes, you need to use #invis & #invuln to fight anything as a GM.

Had this happen just recently on one of my servers, and no matter how long the GM5 character was logged off it made no difference, so editing the Wurmplayers.db entry was the only option in the end.

This worked fine in the past, it seems to be a recent bug/glitch in the server tool.

Note that you can also toggle invisibility/invulnerability off and on using wands, as well as the # commands.

Though I never fight anything as GM, I don't see the point, since we can wizkill everything on the server with one simple flick of a wand ...

yeah i had same issue on my lan as well.

For the fighting as GM I do it to test mods I am working on, like bounty, DPS and so on where I need to actually be in combat.

I could not change my characters GM level either using the normal methods. I had to edit the database itself to change the power. Only noticed this issue after last update.