Sign in to follow this  
VirusMD

Friendship Bay Summer Impalong 2019 (Friend-A-Long)!

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:03 PM, VirusMD said:

names?

Krypykronik

Noremac

Site of the festivities as viewed from the terrifying Human Lawn Dart tower

suEYUr3.jpg

• Like 2

That looks like a Tetris board down there!

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 6:58 AM, Retrograde said:

Anyone interested in watching a stream event where the gods themselves rain down on the friend a long around 10pm utc? No one? 

NO

Actually Tamat some of us were interested in watching the stream, it was after my bedtime and I appreciated seeing it the next day! I appreciate the coverage of the imp a long given by any streamer, but particularly the official one, including the second one last night (which I also missed so will watch today). The GMs have been very supportive and have provided lots and lots of entertainment over the week, in the arena and out of it (we all love being turned into gorillas or sheep or even tortoises while we imp or sermon :D )

Last day today, if you haven't been yet please come on out and join us folks!

There is some heated discussion going on at the friend-a-long. Come and join for the upcoming finale later today:

bTJIw0g.png

• Like 1

We're nearing the end of the friend-a-long.  It's been a fun-filled week and a few of us are a little tired, but looking forward to the big finale!

hFD1lm1.png

Proseedda may have very well set a new record tonight:

hipZyJx.png

Thanks to everyone for coming and having a great time with us. Congratulations to all crafters and priests that reached a milestone, personal or otherwise ?

I am sure the Pristine Academy Network can convince VirusMD and his crowd of slaves to host another friends-along next year. Thanks to all the GMs for spawning some "interesting" creatures not often seen on freedom servers.

I for one hope to see you all in a few months for Xmas impalong. ?

• Like 3

First Impalong and all I can say is I’ll definitly try to attend next year too! ?

It was a lovely week, well done Virus and the whole army of helpers :) Also thanks again to the GMs for all the entertainment! Time for a restful week now I think!

xjX1vZp.jpg?1

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 3

My new drake hide set which I won at this impalong :)

wurm.20190728.1857_4.png?width=1218&heig

wurm.20190728.1857_1.png?width=1218&heigwurm.20190728.1857_2.png?width=1218&heig

Edited by Xandaros
  • Like 4

Thanks a lot to Virus who hosted this Friend-a-long, I had a nice sightseeing tour on Pristine and lots of fun at the event.
The deed did look awesome (and Dragon's Beard too btw). :)
Of course also many thanks to all the impers and crafters and Priests for all their hard work.

I guess I finally found out that GMs are doing their best to let us die, especially Retro. :P
Nevertheless also many thanks to them for letting us fight nicely named mobs. ;)

The Arena was a bit small and not as safe as I thought, as some creatures definitely got out, maybe that can be "imped" for the next time. :) (There's your feedback, Virus. ;) )

Overall I had a lot of fun and kinda a very nice holiday on Pristine. I am sure next time I got at least my carpentry up to 70, so I can help more with imping.
Until then, keep on wurming.

PS: Congrats to all the winners of the various games. :)

Very good time thank u again Virusmd for hosting always fun.  Really good job setting it up and making sure everything went smoothly.

This is the first time I've attended an impalong and had a great time and won a handful of cool prizes! Will defo have to attend these more in the future, and come more prepared!

I didn't get as many screenshots as I thought I had but I got a lot of good pic of a gorilla colony who wandered in at some point:

T5Dnjlx.jpg

I wish I'd got a pic of the forge with the eyes/nose/mouth added.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Furohman said:

Fear not, that moment was preserved!

rHgx8Ig.png

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Furohman said:

11 hours ago, Sidereal said:

Fear not, that moment was preserved!

Spoiler

rHgx8Ig.png

Before leaving Xanadu I made some food for myself while I was getting ready to sail over.  At one point during the imping I brought some over from my boat to feed my working alts at the forge (so they could keep all their windows open), and I left the remainder in one of the material carts. Later, I was glad to see that someone was putting it to good use:

[23:04:49] <Sidereal> um: [23:04:47] Beefington starts to place a kielbasa.
[23:05:46] <Beefington> trying to see if this will stay hot if it stays on the forge
[23:06:34] <Sidereal> oh okay! as long as you're not running around down there playing 'hide the sausage' :P

I really had a great time with you all last week! This really has made for some of the fondest memories, and I will be looking forward to the next one!

• Like 1

Didn't get to spend a ton of time at the event due to irl, but was fun nonetheless. Currently out of town till Saturday, sorry for leaving my horse there!