Sign in to follow this  
Nocturnes

New skill/proffession "Mortician"

Isnt it frustrating telling your friends about that time you killed the sea serpent while they shake their heads in disbelief?
Dont you wish you could store cremated ashes of your countless fallen enemies over your kitchen stove?

Well say no more, introducing the new (suggested) skill for wurm: Mortician a sub skill under alchemy!

Mortician will be a proffession that can prolong corpses from decay using a series of methods named below:
Embalming
Cremation

Burial (This includes new special gravestones)

Embalming uses a mixed chemical "Natron" to embalm a body decreasing its decay rate depending on the ql of the mixture. Most be done on an unbutchered/unrebirthed corpse. Embalmed bodies may be butchered or rebirthed after but this will remove the effect.
20 ql = decreases decay dmg by 5%

50 ql = decreases decay dmg by 35%
90 ql = decreases decay dmg by 90%

Cremation (unlocked at Mortician skill level 50) burns the body into ashes, cremated bodies lasts forever if placed in an urn with a seal. Destruction of the urn will result in loss of the ashes. Cremation most be done on a corpse that havent been butchered or rebirthed, cremating a body removes the option to butcher/rebirth the corpse after.

Burial introduces new gravestones and containers for Mortician, using stone cutting for improvement.
Skill level 20 unlocks "Decorated gravestone" (A decorative gravestone made out of marble with fine inscriptions written upon it .....)
Skill level 35 unlocks "Tombstone" (A container made of stone allowing to carry up to 4 corpses or a maximum of 200kg, with other words allowing 100kg corpses to be stored who wont fit in coffins)
Skill level 60 unlocks  "Egyptian sacrophage" (A gravestone made out of sandstone with egyptian appeal ,there is a detailed inscription written upon it ............)

Skill level 75 unlocks "Norse runestone" (A gravestone made out of riftstone in pagan style, there is a heroic tale written upon it ...........................)

The gravestones allowes the maker to write a short inscription after the original "R.I.P Playername" this can be read upon examining it.
Decorated allowes 15 letters example: R.I.P Playername "A good friend"
Egyptian allowes 25 letter: R.I.P Playername "First king of Mol Rehan"
Norse allowes a final of 60 letters. R.I.P Playername "First of his name, ruler of blahblah, beloved and missed"

Mortician will offer a way to preserve history in a more grand way in Wurm and allowe better storage of bodies aswell as somewhere to put those extremly large champion/dragon corpses. I could see players paying handsomely to have their trophy kill preserved or to make a monumental graveyard.

Titles:
Skill 50 Undertaker
Skill 70 Desiarologist
Skill 90 Valkyrie/Shemira/Sphinx
(or something of the like)

Let me know in comments below if this is a proffession you feel is missing in wurm or something you would like to see more content for.

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 3

Yes i want to store the ashes of my enemies and frequently look at the hundreds of Urns holding them in the back of my house as a reminder that nobody messes with Wurm University

• Like 2

massive +1
and mummification, display cabinets, heads on spikes! .. sorry, went overboard there.

• Like 2

sounds useless but fun. Some real graves, burial and stuff is really something we do not have. Could also be linked to priests and religion being able holding burials getting faith, praying and mourning on graves and favor.

but honestly, I do not get wurm professions. Milking is an own skill, shearing not, skinning not. I wonder what the criteria is for making some individual tasks an own skill, and some just being a subtask within another skill.

At first I was like "why". Then I was like "but why". Now I am like "why not".

+1

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, Thorvar said:

At first I was like "why". Then I was like "but why". Now I am like "why not".

+1

Haha

Edited by Nocturnes