Sign in to follow this  
Tuxro

Shrinking Large Chest

This morning, like every other morning for the past few days, I got up, got my bowls and pans out of my large chest, cooked breakfast, and tried to put the empty bowls and pans back in my chest.  Unlike every other morning, only 1 of the 5 items would fit.  I removed a huge club from the chest and still couldn't put them in.  After swapping several items around, I was finally able to remove 3 small buckets and put my cooking items in the chest.  I've been doing this every day for 2-3 weeks and nothing new has been put in the chest.  Online CA said large chests were limited by volume and pottery bowls had a very high volume compared to other items.  Is there a way I can find out what the volumes of the items are?  And why could I remove the items and a few minutes later not be able to put them back in?

Edited by Tuxro
typo
  • Like 1

There are volumes for some of the common containers listed in the table here:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Containers

You can check the event log, in wurm directory/players/tuxro/logs, for that day, to see if perhaps it has some messages like you drop an item. It might remind you something you could have dropped in the chest and forgot about?

Just to be sure, I'll mention that you can leave the pans in the oven, that's what people commonly do, if you use them daily :)

Log is pretty clear.  Despite being wee hours of the morning, I remembered correctly.  I got 3 pottery bowls, started cooking.  Got 2 sauce pans, started cooking.  That's all the bowls and pans I have.  Nothing else is "dropped."  After cooking, 18 minutes later, I picked them up from the oven and only 1 of the bowls would fit in the chest.

If you had by any chance a size rune on the chest, and removed it or replaced it meanwhile, that would explain shrinking.

Otherwise, can you make a screenshot of the chest contents, to see what fits?